AtomisWave Stereo Sound?!

Kpj

Larfleeze, Wielder of the Orange Light. , formerly
Hey guys,

I know this has been brought up before (yes, I've already used the "search" function) by Amano Jacu, but no one has yet to report the findings.

Just recently got an AtomisWave but I'm having trouble accessing the stereo sound from the board.

I can get mono sound from the JAMMA connector just fine, but the CN3 port doesn't seem to be outputting anything (the volume slider is also doing no good). To my knowledge, you are not supposed to ground the stereo sound channels to the main ground. Aren't there specific grounds just for the stereo sound connector? Lastly, I believe that they canNOT share a the common line, they are wired separately.

Is there something I'm missing? I've read thru the manual but all it states is that you shouldn't use the JAMMA sound & the stereo sound simultaneously.

Thanks,
Kpj

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Kpj said:
Hey guys,

I know this has been brought up before (yes, I've already used the "search" function) by Amano Jacu, but no one has yet to report the findings.

Just recently got an AtomisWave but I'm having trouble accessing the stereo sound from the board.

I can get mono sound from the JAMMA connector just fine, but the CN3 port doesn't seem to be outputting anything (the volume slider is also doing no good). To my knowledge, you are not supposed to ground the stereo sound channels to the main ground. Aren't there specific grounds just for the stereo sound connector? Lastly, I believe that they canNOT share a the common line, they are wired separately.

Is there something I'm missing? I've read thru the manual but all it states is that you shouldn't use the JAMMA sound & the stereo sound simultaneously.

Thanks,
Kpj

I didn't have the porper connector on mine, so I just soldered 4 wires to the pcb where the pins contact it. Then I just ran the lines up to the speakers. I didn't go through the harness. It worked perfectly.

Kpj

loopyeddie said:
I didn't have the porper connector on mine, so I just soldered 4 wires to the pcb where the pins contact it. Then I just ran the lines up to the speakers. I didn't go through the harness. It worked perfectly.

Loopy,

Is yours wired up to a cab? I'm trying to send mine to the TV/Receiver. I'm not getting any type of signal......

:(

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
and you're asking this question just now? i mean ...

Kpj said:
SNK Neo Geo Hardware:

• Modified AES System(s)
• Consolized MVS System(s)
Consolized AtomisWave System(s) *coming shortly*
• !Arcade! Phantom1 Converter
• Boxed/Complete Memory Cards (brand new)

more items/pricing coming shortly

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
I will tell you how I did it if you give me a cut of the profits from each one :p

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
KJP... Search the forums... It's in here... Either SG, Dean or MKL have said how to do it before....

While were at it,

How do you get a MV1-F to run sound through the Headphone conector with only 5v?

It's somewhat related....

Kpj

norton9478 said:
KJP... Search the forums... It's in here... Either SG, Dean or MKL have said how to do it before....

While were at it,

How do you get a MV1-F to run sound through the Headphone conector with only 5v?

It's somewhat related....

Guys,

I did a complete search of the forums multiple times. I've tested this procedure on two AW systems & the same is happening to both.

Concerning the MV-1F, I didn't do anything special. Simply connect +5 Volts to the 3/4 JAMMA pin.

Let me know how it works out.

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Kpj said:
Loopy,

Is yours wired up to a cab? I'm trying to send mine to the TV/Receiver. I'm not getting any type of signal......

:(

Hmmm... Yeah mine is in a cab. I see your problem now. You are having a prob dealing with the negatives, right? How they don't want to be hooked to a common ground? I'm sorry but I can't help you there. I don't know enough about electronics.

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
supergoose79 said:
and you're asking this question just now? i mean ...

:lol: Well, he will probably ask money for the info you guys are giving him, I'd be careful...

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Dreamer said:
:lol: Well, he will probably ask money for the info you guys are giving him, I'd be careful...
the info should already be out there. i'm sure Dani told me how to wire it up or at least, where to find the manual, in which you can actually find the needed pinout.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
It's hardly a secret. It's in the manual it comes with. You need to use the connections on that small connector including the grounds.

Kpj

Guys,

I have the pinout/manual already, but it wasn't as straight forward as it states.

MKL answered my question & I greatly appreciate his help.

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
what? if that's not a joke, then it's really sad. none of your employees could have used a multimeter to find out which pins they have to solder to?

Kenny, seriously ... you helped me out in the past, but i would i have never expected such a lame question from you.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
supergoose79 said:
what? if that's not a joke, then it's really sad. none of your employees could have used a multimeter to find out which pins they have to solder to?

Kenny, seriously ... you helped me out in the past, but i would i have never expected such a lame question from you.
:kekeke:

So how long until we see slime green atomiswaves on ebay for $9999,99?

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
:kekeke:

So how long until we see slime green atomiswaves on ebay for $9999,99?
mountain dew limited edition. afterall there's also a real md xbox.

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
D-Lite said:
It's hardly a secret. It's in the manual it comes with. You need to use the connections on that small connector including the grounds.

Grounds? I hope you actually mean ground and not the speaker negatives (pins 3 and 7) because as you'd expect on a differential/bridged amp they are not ground, they do supply a voltage! and shorting them to ground will likely damage the amp...

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
MKL said:
Grounds? I hope you actually mean ground and not the speaker negatives (pins 3 and 7) because as you'd expect on a differential/bridged amp they are not ground, they do supply a voltage! and shorting them to ground will likely damage the amp...
Yep, sorry, meant "ground_"

Kpj

supergoose79 said:

Falk,

Why not re-read my post? It's not as simple as it sounds. I read thru the AW manual NUMEROUS times while also checking the motherboard traces with a multi-meter.

Obviously, you haven't tapped the stereo sound from the board, so why flame me about it?

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Well, tapping stereo is essentially the same as tapping mono. Kenny you said you got mono sound from the jamma connector but how did you get that? Obviously you'll have connected jamma 10 to the positive connection of the jack(s) of your TV/receiver and ground to the negative connection of the same jack: ground and not jamma L (which is never meant to be used other than directly to a speaker). Well, for stereo you do the same thing, only you have a second channel...

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
D-Lite said:
Yep, sorry, meant "ground_"

Whew... but then ground need not necessarily be taken from CN3, so the only pins that matter on CN3 are 1 and 5...

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Kpj said:
Falk,

Why not re-read my post? It's not as simple as it sounds. I read thru the AW manual NUMEROUS times while also checking the motherboard traces with a multi-meter.

Obviously, you haven't tapped the stereo sound from the board, so why flame me about it?
actually, i did and it's been discussed before.

why i flame? because you're advertising these things in the selling forum, before you even figured out how to actually do it.

Kpj

supergoose79 said:
actually, i did and it's been discussed before.

why i flame? because you're advertising these things in the selling forum, before you even figured out how to actually do it.

Yes, it was discussed before, but all the post were stressing not to use common ground for the stereo channels.

Actually, I listed "coming soon". They were not for sale just yet.