More ?'s about wiring a Capcom Classic JAMMA adaptor. Please help!!

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
OK, I have been working on this for awhile but I keep running in to problems. I have a few questions I really need answered before I can go any further. All help will be most appreciated. Please remember this is my first ever soldering project so please answer in words my puny brain can understand. I will post a faq at the bottom for the layout of the adaptor.

#1. Do the colors really matter when soldering? Or are they just to label what wires are what to make things easier?

#2. I have 10 wires for this adaptor that just say ground. There are only 8 ground holes on the JAMMA adaptor and 1 video ground. I have been told before to just wire a few ground wires into the same holes on the JAMMA adaptor. Problem is that I can't fit more than 1 wire in each hole. The wires are 2 big. Is there a specific tool for doing this?

#3. If you look at the Trojan faq you see 2 points at "U" and "17". These are labeled (d5) and (d4). What the hell does that mean? And what colors should I use to label these when I solder? Also, Where will they be soldered in to the JAMMA adaptor?

#4. What color would I use to wire the coin ground at "w" and "19"? Also would I just lead this to a ground on the jamma adaptor?

#5. The points "d" and "26" are labeled as +12v gnd. Where do these go to on the JAMMA adaptor? I am guessing wire it up to a ground point on the JAMMA adaptor. Should I use a yellow or red wire to code this?

I know thats alot of questions. If any of you know a good website, or preferebly a good electronics book for beginners please point me to it.

TROJAN, CAPCOM
--------------

SOLDER | PARTS
-------------------------------
gnd A | 1 gnd
gnd B | 2 gnd
+5v C | 3 +5v
+5v D | 4 +5v
Green E | 5 Red
Sync F | 6 Blue
gnd H | 7 gnd
-key- J | 8 -key-
2 shot2 K | 9 1 shot2
2 shot1 L | 10 1 shot1
2 up M | 11 1 up
2 down N | 12 1 down
2 left P | 13 1 left
2 right R | 14 1 right
gnd S | 15 gnd
select 2 T | 16 select 1
(d5) U | 17 (d4)
coin2 V | 18 coin1
coin gnd W | 19 coin gnd
X | 20
Y | 21
counter 2 GND Z | 22 counter 1 GND
counter 2 a | 23 counter 1
audio- b | 24 audio+
+12v c | 25 +12v
12v gnd d | 26 12v gnd
gnd e | 27 gnd
gnd f | 28 gnd

2bshacked

n00b
You need to have a bit of a read before making any attempt to power this board up if you don't take care, you'll end up stuffing your game board.

But basically if you want to make your own adaptor, the wire colours don't matter, but I normally use black for the grounds, red for +5V and orange for +12V. The +12V GND is just that it's a ground. You need copies of 2 pinouts, 1 for jamma and the other for capcom.

Have a read through this site, it has lots of pinouts and some very useful information, I think that it will help you out.
http://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/spies.cgi?action=info

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Yeah, I already have the pinouts for the Trojan pcb. I posted them in the first post. That site doesn't even have a pinout for trojan.

2bshacked

n00b
That's because it uses the capcom classic pinout. There is a capcom classic pinout there.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
2bshacked said:
That's because it uses the capcom classic pinout. There is a capcom classic pinout there.

I know it's a Capcom classic pinout. It does not matter that I look at a pinout that says capcom classic. It's the exact same as the Trojan pinout. The link you gave me is the exact pinout I poster in the first post.