Need the name of this new SHMUP

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
Hey folks. Yesterday I went to the city to the Nintendo World event they had, after we couldn't get in we went down to Chinatown for lunch and I stoped into China Town Fair.

They had the new VS SHMUP game that runs on Naomi hardware. Does anybody know the name of the game? The whole thing was in Japanese so I couldn't read it, I know Jorge (tooshort) posted videos of it on IGN, but when you go two pages into it the mods start to lock topics.

The game was really cool. My friend and I faught each other. Each of the characters has a bunch of special attacks and they all play differently. Some have homing shots, scatter shots and some play better up close.

The cool thing is when you build up your super bar. You press all three buttons and it turns into an old school boss battle, but this time YOU are the boss attacking the little ship. It was awesome, because you can deal out alot of damage, but if your playing sombody good they can back at you.

So if anybody knows the name of this game please let me know. I think the game also has a website, so if you know that as well please post that too. I hope this game gets released on the PS2 in Japan, it was a great game to play with another person.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
whitey said:

Ah yes! That's the one, thanks very much!

I just don't know if it was the newest verson that they show on the website, or the older one. It looks like the game's going to have a home verson on the 360. Hopefully it'll have online battles.

Last edited:

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Does that have 360 motion like Zero Gunner 2? That game is awesome, I hope they do a sequel. :drool:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The only people you can bet making a ZG3 are X-Nauts. I wouldn't be too surprised if it did come into fruition, since they released Sengoku Cannon a few months back.

SnR is less a shmup and more Virtua On; but meh.

BIG

sony fanboy
subcons said:
If you want a real versus shooter, pick up La Petite Princess for PS2. ;)

Amen to that.

Ronde is more of a versus fighting game ala Virtual-On than it is a shmup. And quite frankly,it is not a very good one at that,imo.

B-

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
Looks cool, even more that it's coming out for the 360.

Sad thing is, most likely will never see a port to US soil.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Holy Star Control. The screenshots definitely remind me of that game, hardcore.

As usual, I'm seeing a new trend in shooter casts. I guess only females get into spacecraft and blow the ever living snot out of each other, these days. Such beauty, such violence. :) :) :)

Kiken

Camel Slug
Kirk Foiden said:
Holy Star Control. The screenshots definitely remind me of that game, hardcore.

As usual, I'm seeing a new trend in shooter casts. I guess only females get into spacecraft and blow the ever living snot out of each other, these days. Such beauty, such violence. :) :) :)

Actually, half the cast are male:

Mika Mikli
Cuilan
Fabian The Fastman
Karel Werfel