Where to get 'short' 30 mm arcade buttons ?

Bigsasquatch

New Challenger
Hi,

I am looking for replacement buttons for an arcade stick. The standard Sanwa buttons may be a little too 'deep' for the stick I am using.

The original stcik buttons are very small in profile, but are still microswithched. I'd like to find some replacements in different colours.

Any idea were I can get my hands on them ?

THanks

BIG"S"

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
microswitched would mean us style, no? i think, i once saw them on happ.

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
Bigsasquatch said:
Hi,

I am looking for replacement buttons for an arcade stick. The standard Sanwa buttons may be a little too 'deep' for the stick I am using.

The original stcik buttons are very small in profile, but are still microswithched. I'd like to find some replacements in different colours.

Any idea were I can get my hands on them ?

THanks

BIG"S"
http://www.excellentcom.net/main.asp
they're in Hong Kong, so shipping's a bitch, but I dunno about any places in the uk... possibly killercabs would have some.

loopyeddie

Ukyo's Doctor
Shorter then the sanwas? I don't think there are any shorter ones than them. Have you tried himuragames.com? Rod Keys is an awesome guy!

Bigsasquatch

New Challenger
Yeah....

Rod is good.... I already bought some Sanwa sticks from him.....

I saw the Excellent ones, but was hoping for someone like Himura that was a bit more "user friendly" shall we say....... They definitely look like the shorter buttons though , so that may be my only option.......

For the moment I can use the existing buttons just to get the stick up an running, so I amy be able to pick some up when i'm next in HK...

Cheers

BIG"S"

Bigsasquatch

New Challenger
Button%20A.jpg

well these are 30mm and definitely shorter than Sanwa....... just don't know about the quality..... still going to order a bunch and see...... :mr_t:

BIG"S"

gamejunkie

Hijacked by a Spambot!
Bigsasquatch said:
Button%20A.jpg

well these are 30mm and definitely shorter than Sanwa....... just don't know about the quality..... still going to order a bunch and see...... :mr_t:

BIG"S"

Where did you find those?

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Those can't be that much lower profile than a sanwa though...

What kind of stick are you making that needs to be that thin?

Bigsasquatch

New Challenger
buttons....

the Excellent ones are actually that bit shorter because if you look the switch block is mounted lower - also they are physically slightly smaller.

I was modding the new virtua stick for PS2 as I couldn't get hold of a real arcade pro stick from Hori. Its a combination of slightly less case depth, and the kind of push on connectors I am using. Even with the short buttons, you can feel the wires pushing back on the base plate when mounting, so I'll never make it with Sanwa buttons.....

Ive got Sanwas throughout the cab , but for my A/wave project these are worth giving a try I think...frankly the buttons are so relatively inexpensive that if I don't like em I can always go for a different option ( I plan on making a P2 stick with a Hori one when I can get my hands on one.... )

BIG"S"

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Bigsasquatch said:
the Excellent ones are actually that bit shorter because if you look the switch block is mounted lower - also they are physically slightly smaller.

I was modding the new virtua stick for PS2 as I couldn't get hold of a real arcade pro stick from Hori. Its a combination of slightly less case depth, and the kind of push on connectors I am using. Even with the short buttons, you can feel the wires pushing back on the base plate when mounting, so I'll never make it with Sanwa buttons.....

Ive got Sanwas throughout the cab , but for my A/wave project these are worth giving a try I think...frankly the buttons are so relatively inexpensive that if I don't like em I can always go for a different option ( I plan on making a P2 stick with a Hori one when I can get my hands on one.... )

BIG"S"

Hi Big"S" if possible can you take a pics of the insides of the Sega PS2 stick you have. Or answer the question, "is it possible to fit a Sanwa Joystick in there, with or without modding"? Thanks