A question about arcade/aes rom data, garou Q's also

Demon Dash

Super Sidekicks 2
Is the console mode in neo geo games built into the arcade hardware? Or is it only on the home versions it exists?

Also, I heard there is two versions of garou. One superiour to the other. How can I find out which version I have on my aes?

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
First of all don't talk about roms,if you want people to hate you then it's a different story.
I do know the answer to your question but I wan't to see how this thread pans out so I know what path to walk....

(your aes version is a pure hong kong made bootleg, sell it to me for 10 bucks.)

Demon Dash

Super Sidekicks 2
Sorry I didn't know not to talk about roms here I'll edit my post. Just so people understand his second statement, I was concerned my garou is a rom, not a legit copy. It rattles slightly and is funny for putting in the machine, although I can't see a crease on the sticker and it's an oficial box and book with the seal for the book too. I can't test it's true quality because I haven't got an rgb lead yet.

I don't know whether to take you seriously or not.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Demon Dash said:
Is the console mode in neo geo games built into the arcade hardware? Or is it only on the home versions it exists?

Also, I heard there is two versions of garou. One superiour to the other. How can I find out which version I have on my aes?

ALL Carts have the same exact chips regardless of system AND region. The bios determines what Regio and system mode is enabled.

I'm almost certain that only one version was released for AES.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Both AES and MVS carts have the Arcade and Home versions in them.
The only difference I know of is the size of the cartridge boards.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Demon Dash said:
Sorry I didn't know not to talk about roms here I'll edit my post. Just so people understand his second statement, I was concerned my garou is a rom, not a legit copy. It rattles slightly and is funny for putting in the machine, although I can't see a crease on the sticker and it's an oficial box and book with the seal for the book too. I can't test it's true quality because I haven't got an rgb lead yet.

I don't know whether to take you seriously or not.

It probably rattles because one of the plastic clips that hold the cart together broke off on the inside.

I'll buy it from you for $50 shipped. :kekeke: Just kidding.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
The pinout is different too between the carts,

and please don't listen to lachlan he's very newbish and basically offers false information sometimes.

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
If you want to know the validity of your cart, open the thing up and take some pics of the pcbs... there ARE two versions of the pcb from what I have read... but I don't think the roms are any different on them. One version looks more like a bootleg, but you can read about that here the other looks like any other mvs game, with solid mount chips and all.