SNK at Tokyo Gameshow..

Robi15

20 Year Member
Donno if it is alrady covered but this is how the SNK monter was. All the major games where there. Slug 5, KOF's, NeoGeoBC, latestSS and a new pussleshooter type game called Le Petite Princesse.. Similar to Twinkle Star Sprites.. Some pictures.. hope u dont mind..

snkmonter.jpg

Snk/Playmore monter.

snkgirl1.jpg

Snk showgirl..hehe

neopadsps2new.jpg

The new fightingsticks for PSX and PS2.

Neo Geo Battlecoliseume tournament was held, and overall good job from Playmore with the monter/showroom. Most of the best games are coming out on PS2 and Xbox..

/Robi

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Those sticks sure are pretty but i like my "original" NeoGeo stick 2 instead of these special one's that cover up half the NEOGEO logo!!! (ex. Iori's symbol!!)

Robi15

20 Year Member
Ohyeah, I agree. Old neo geo sticks are the best. But now can ppl play SNK titles with almost same sticks on PS2. They are little smaller in size if u compare these with the old style neo sticks..

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Robi15 said:
Ohyeah, I agree. Old neo geo sticks are the best. But now can ppl play SNK titles with almost same sticks on PS2. They are little smaller in size if u compare these with the old style neo sticks..

Im talking about the Old style PS2 stick that i have.
These new ones with logo's on them make the stick look like crap.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
The NEO CD kidney stick is still my favourite for NEO fighters, but these are pretty cool.

Robi15

20 Year Member
It was my first time at the Tokyo Game show..i had a major hangover though but still runned around like a lunatic.. It was a lot of fun.. :-) When i got home i had a bag full of crap, free stuff that the companys gave away.. konami keychaine any one ?!?

Robi15

20 Year Member
Here is some more pics..

kof2maximpact.jpg

lepetiteprincesse.jpg

Le Petite Princesse

tkgs2005.jpg

Heheheheeeee.....

playmomont2.jpg

One more,closer shut on SNK/Playmores monter/showroom..

/Robi

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I was really hoping for a bigger jump in quality between Max Impact 1 and 2. The shots I've seen don't look like there's been any visual improvement at all. That shot looks like they even recycled backgrounds from the first one.

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
That's not MI2 that's probably Maniax. The Lifebar in MI2 is completely different:

17.jpg

See?

EDIT: Oh and Insert Credit posted some impressions:

It's here in video at least; I don't know why it isn't playable, as it looks really far along. According to the pamphlet I am not in a position to scan at present, the game's 60% done -- which was about where the original game was when I first played it.

Anyway! Details. Characters thus far announced include Kyo (in that outfit from the Production IG character sheet), a rather feminine Iori, K', Maxima, Seth (in a more grubby outfit), Alba and Soiree, Terry, Rock, Mai, Athena, Ash, a very Art of Fighty Ryo, Leona (with long pants), the Ikaris (both with new outfits), Chae Lim, a well-rendered Billy, a poofy-haired Kula, and new characters Nagase (a very yellow girl) and the adult gothic loli Luise Meyrink. I think that's all. I might have missed someone.

From the video, it looks like every character has either been remodeled or significantly edited. At the least, there are new textures and a few more polygons. Most of the animation seems to have been redone, and is much smoother than before. All the motions seem to blend into each other, continually. There are a lot more special effects, and the lighting seems to have gotten a lot of work. There's still a little way to go with the presentation. Not bad so far, though!

Systematically, it looks like there's some kind of parrying thing going on now; at one point, Rock and Terry are kicking at each other, and Rock sort of kicks Terry's leg out of the way. They trade blows in a really seamless fashion. The game is also faster and more... extreme than before. Lots of knocking people into the air and doing mean things to them. Again, it's all smooth. No jerking around!

There's a pretty decent rendered intro. Looks like it would have been state-of-the-art about five years ago. Ryo's face looks a little weird. That's all right, though. Very dynamic and well-choreographed, for the most part. The Production IG animation is really snazzy, and actually, for how short and random it is, has a decent sense of mood and emotion to it. At one point Kyo looks shocked at a turnaround in the middle of a fight he's in.

Altogether, the game seems to build significantly on what the previous one established.

Oh! To note, Max Impact 3 also was announced for Xbox 360. So I guess this series will be around for a while.

Robi15

20 Year Member
Yess..sry ppl. The shot Cain Highwind has is correct..

/robi

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Cain Highwind said:
That's not MI2 that's probably Maniax. The Lifebar in MI2 is completely different:
Well, that's a relief, at least. I'll have to see it in motion. Nice to hear Kula and Ash will be in there as well.

"Looks like it would have been state-of-the-art about five years ago." I guess that's an improvement to the first one that would have looked state of the art about 7 years ago, but maybe that guy's being generous.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Yeah dude SNK playmore's booth was awesome! My favorite at the show for sure. The PS2 ports of SamSho Tenka and NBC were very nice. They were probably working on them along with the games. With them so complete the rumors about these games being ported quickly to the PS2 might be true. SS tenka looked fantastic.

KOF MI2 had a video playing for it, it looked better than the first one. Didn't blow me away though. That new little girl has a move where she bends over the enemy and spanks them like a child. Kind of cool.

The girls were 10 times hotter this year. YEAH!

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
I nearly got a chubby when I saw those sticks! I've never seen a stick I liked for PS2, so it's nice to finally get one... At the onset of the new generation, but whatever.

Wonder how much they'll cost.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I thought the ps2 sticks are exactly the same dimensions as the originals?

Robi15

20 Year Member
kernow said:
I thought the ps2 sticks are exactly the same dimensions as the originals?

Nop little smaller in size.. Buttons and so on are same but the whole thing is little smaller..