Samurai Spirits: Tenkaichi Kenkaku Den on PS2.

kanakura

Fio's Quartermaster
Very cool. All Atomiswave Games coming to PS2... :mr_t:

logo.gif

01.jpg
05.jpg

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Tenka should at least hit the Xbox here, dunno about a PS2 version tho.

Whatever the case, it will have an online mode, color edit, exclusive characters and an arranged soundtrack.

So much for the blood option :oh_no:

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Abster said:
Tenka should at least hit the Xbox here, dunno about a PS2 version tho.

Whatever the case, it will have an online mode, color edit, exclusive characters and an arranged soundtrack.

So much for the blood option :oh_no:

I'm simply dumbfounded that with all those features mentioned, you still make it sound like it's not important at all compared to blood. I mean SCREW gameplay and all that. :oh_no:

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Once it hits Xbox I can almost guarantee it will be Live supported.

Well, with the entire SS cast assembled I'm not sure what other characters from the regular series remain other than some SS64 ones?

Color edit and online mode aren't that important to me.

Arranged soundtracks might be something to check out, but since the OST is somewhat like an AST, I'm not sure what to make of it.

With a console release a blood option would be easier to put in because the audience is selective, not the random child who walks into an arcade. The gameplay, as good as it may be, isn't affected by a console release, so I wouldn't see what the big issue is there. Can't they afford enough balls to create a blood option for SS purists such as myself?

Upon watching a few more videos I do see a little more SS style pace going, but it's still in a very crumby atmosphere. There's little if any impact to a slash. It almost seems you can combo weaker slashes into each other.

Haohmaru777

Crossed Swords Squire
Cain Highwind said:
I'm simply dumbfounded that with all those features mentioned, you still make it sound like it's not important at all compared to blood. I mean SCREW gameplay and all that. :oh_no:

I see what you mean, but I think what Abster and myself are truly upset about is if this were just another Shodown, maybe next time they'll put it in :oh_no: . But the thing is, they've basically announced that this will in fact be the last Shodown game, and agreed, MUCH effort was obviously put into it, and indeed has many cool features. We (and people like us) are just pissed because this could have had everything (basically) a true Shodown fan could want. This was our last chance, and now, that will never come to pass, because in all probability, there will be no next game. Alas..........

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Haohmaru777 said:
I see what you mean, but I think what Abster and myself are truly upset about is if this were just another Shodown, maybe next time they'll put it in :oh_no: . But the thing is, they've basically announced that this will in fact be the last Shodown game, and agreed, MUCH effort was obviously put into it, and indeed has many cool features. We (and people like us) are just pissed because this could have had everything (basically) a true Shodown fan could want. This was our last chance, and now, that will never come to pass, because in all probability, there will be no next game. Alas..........

Well, ...........
this came out of left field.

If this is gonna' go into nine innings and beyond then I demand you pick up the tab for my stadium refreshments.

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Basically, SNKP had its chance to make a complete Shodown, and their obsessive hemophobic cause ruined all of it.

When you get a 14 inch dagger stabbed all the way into your chest you're supposed to bleed right? Wrong! You just emit a little electricity and then get right on up! Doesn't hurt any worse than getting a modern day vaccination.

All because of some bitches in Nagasaki that weren't even related to this. :oh_no:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Hmkay said:
Yeah, I remember that now. That translation's iffy. A translation of a Chinese interview with a guy in Japanese. The guy who translated it even said there might be mistakes in his translation. I'm not 100% sure he wasn't just trying to say they've completed SS6. Even if not, they could change their minds later.

Haohmaru777

Crossed Swords Squire
THAT'S how I meant to post

SouthtownKid said:
Yeah, I remember that now. That translation's iffy. A translation of a Chinese interview with a guy in Japanese. The guy who translated it even said there might be mistakes in his translation. I'm not 100% sure he wasn't just trying to say they've completed SS6. Even if not, they could change their minds later.

That's a good point-maybe it was mistranslated. I never thought of that....Btw, I want to take this chance to apologize for acting like a dik with my earlier posts. I was partially just blowing off steam and partially just having a little fun, but I really did take it too far. I have no doubt the game will be fun. I guess I'm just going to miss that extra at the end of the match, especially when your fighting a human opponent and defeat them and cut them in half and it's like, "Not only did I JUST BEAT you, I just REALLLLLLY BEAT YOU-BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!! Well, you know what I mean. :p

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
At TGS a fully finished PS2 port of this was running. Looks almost spot on with the arcade (the only thing different was a load screen, which red sakura leaves would fall down over a black screen.) The NBC port was the same way.

I bet they ported these the same time they were working on the arcade. Looks like we may get some fast ports (we can pray!)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I can't wait until NGBC and Tenka come out for Jap PS2, they will be mine! muahaha

Black Noah

Another Striker
Indeed.

I'm glad that all these games are coming out so quickly for the PS2. I'm be importing these on day one.

I can't wait to play Neo Battle Coliseum.

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
Abster said:
Basically, SNKP had its chance to make a complete Shodown, and their obsessive hemophobic cause ruined all of it.

When you get a 14 inch dagger stabbed all the way into your chest you're supposed to bleed right? Wrong! You just emit a little electricity and then get right on up! Doesn't hurt any worse than getting a modern day vaccination.

All because of some bitches in Nagasaki that weren't even related to this. :oh_no:

Ok bitch, the only things you EVER post here are about the fucking blood removal in SS Tenka. We knew about it a long time ago, bitched over it and life went on, but it's just not gonna happen, so shut the fuck up over it you whiner.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Dreamer said:
Ok bitch, the only things you EVER post here are about the fucking blood removal in SS Tenka. We knew about it a long time ago,
...and he posted about it a long time ago. You quoted him from two weeks ago, mister. Please don't get him started again. If he does, I'm going to blame you. Seriously.

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Dreamer said:
Ok bitch, the only things you EVER post here are about the fucking blood removal in SS Tenka. We knew about it a long time ago, bitched over it and life went on, but it's just not gonna happen, so shut the fuck up over it you whiner.

3 words, go fuck yourself.

Everyone's telling me to stop beating a dead horse? Well, it's obvious you just want to jerk off a dead horse just to get it started again.

The PS2 version will be useful for sprites and voices at least.