Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum to appear on the XB360.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Maximum Impact 3 ? o_O
They should release the 2nd one before even talking about the 3rd one.

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Mark of the Wolves said:
It's supposed to be coming for PS2 as well...

That's MI2. In a recent interview Ben Herman confirmed that the KoF for XBox360 would be a completely different title than MI2.

Frankfurt

Cheng's Errand Boy
YO-YO-Boy said:
where the hell is it?
i see alot of shooters & DOA4 but no NBC!

Didn´t look very hard, did you?

Look up SNK´s name. Both games are listed right beside it.

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Good to see some early support from SNKP, but I am hardly going to run out and grab a 360 when I can just play the PS2 version.

Dec 10 - Ridge Racer 6 (Namco)
Dec 10 - Frame City Killer (Namco)
Dec 10 - Dead or Alive 4 (Tecmo)
Dec 10 - Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (Ubisoft)
Dec 10 - [eM] eNCHANT arM (From Software)
Dec 10 - Tetris The Grand Master (Cavia)
Dec 10 - Everyparty (Microsoft Game Studios)

7 launch titles for Japan. Hmm, only the top 3 have a chance of making any sales, and even then Namco need to do something really special with their milked to death Ridge Racer franchise.

Pessimistic, but I predict the 360 Launch in Japan will be a flop.

Last edited:

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
Cain Highwind said:
That's MI2. In a recent interview Ben Herman confirmed that the KoF for XBox360 would be a completely different title than MI2.

I was talking about NGBC as this was originally in that thread.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Uh...I don't get it..

I thought Microsoft wasn't going to accept any games that looked old or outdated, so why NGBC?

I was really hoping that their supposed presentation restrictions would have made SNKP make better looking 2D games.

hanafudaX said:
Good to see some early support from SNKP, but I am hardly going to run out and grab a 360 when I can just play the PS2 version.

Has there been a confirmed PS2 NGBC release yet?? If not, I don't see how u can be so sure.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Violent Ryo said:
Has there been a confirmed PS2 NGBC release yet?? If not, I don't see how u can be so sure.
With every KOF game '94-'03 + Neowave, MotW, both Last Blades, SS5 all on or announced for PS2... It's very doubtful there would not be a port of this on a Sony machine. Maybe they could wait for PS3, but there would be no advantage; PS2 can easily handle AW ports.

"Macho Man" Butta Supremo

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
Violent Ryo said:
I thought Microsoft wasn't going to accept any games that looked old or outdated, so why NGBC?

Where did you hear that? They've released plenty of 2D games on xbox, and supposedly Neowave, Rebout, and SS5 are still on the way for xbl. Why wouldn't they continue on x360?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Last edited:

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
SouthtownKid said:
With every KOF game '94-'03 + Neowave, MotW, both Last Blades, SS5 all on or announced for PS2... It's very doubtful there would not be a port of this on a Sony machine. Maybe they could wait for PS3, but there would be no advantage; PS2 can easily handle AW ports.

I never doubted it, as it was pretty obvious a NGBC PS2 port would sell well in Japan. There just wasn't a confirmation until now! Initially, fans were not expecting a NGBC port till at least next summer but this is awesome.

buttasuperb said:
Where did you hear that? They've released plenty of 2D games on xbox, and supposedly Neowave, Rebout, and SS5 are still on the way for xbl. Why wouldn't they continue on x360?

I'm aware of the SNKP games on the current Xbox, but let me quote Time_Stop as I can't find a direct link, ''First, Microsoft talk about the "HD-era" and how all XBox360 games have to be 1280x720, and how all games would look gorgeous in a widescreen HD-TV and blah blah. Then Itagaki says the same, and how even games like DOAU and DOA3 are too low-res and wouldn´t be approved by Microsoft, and how the textures alone require so much space on a DVD and blah blah.''

I was hoping this 'graphical requirement' for 360 games would reshape SNKP's 2D games to be able to make it and profit on the next gen consoles, but if Microsoft is allowing sub par 2D graphics (minus the BGs) on the 360, then it really wouldnt cause SNKP to redo the presentation of their 2D games.

EDIT: OH SHIT! MI2 Screenshots! Looks awesome.. and there's still MI 3!!!

Last edited:

kanakura

Fio's Quartermaster
Maximum Impact 2 looks awesome... :eek:

logo.gif

01.jpg
03.jpg

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
OK,
3D fighters that are created from 2D fighters suck ass.....and KOF MI does aswell.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
lachlan said:
OK,
3D fighters that are created from 2D fighters suck ass.....and KOF MI does aswell.
I'm not a fan of 3D games, and never played KoF MI. But anyway, KoF MI is the very first game in the MI series, and many 2D games that started a new series or where made from scratch sucked... Yet the sequels rocked.
So I wouldn't judge KoF MI 2 so harshly, just giving it the benefit of the doubt.

Matarick

Goal! Goal! Goal!
Hmkay said:
I'm not a fan of 3D games, and never played KoF MI. But anyway, KoF MI is the very first game in the MI series, and many 2D games that started a new series or where made from scratch sucked... Yet the sequels rocked.
So I wouldn't judge KoF MI 2 so harshly, just giving it the benefit of the doubt.

I just hope you don't include Samurai Shodown in that list. :conf: The first game still feels solid today despite the flashier Samsho 2. Another kick ass 2d fighting game series started solid was Guilty Gear.

Anywho, I am glad that MS would aprove 2d games on the 360 and hope NGBC supports higher resolutions on the VGA with sweet "super eagle kai" style antialiasing.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
I'm not sure I can agree with that. The first Samurai Shodown had control issues. It was, by far, the hardest Samurai Shodown to get moves to come out consistantly. This was far improved in SS2. Part of it was that Samurai Shodown 1 had some tricky timing for when you need to perform moves so they would execute. They loosened that up, in the sequels. Just try moving Hanzo around and doing his moves in SS1 as compared to SS2, and you'll see the difference. So I consider the easier way you can throw down and solid improvement.