PDA

View Full Version : samurai showdown 6 hit japanese arcades today!

Pages : [1] 2

beelzebubble
09-14-2005, 09:26 AM
wow!

first time ive laid eyes on the game in person due to snkp's apparent reluctance to loke test the game in osaka before its release.

what can i say, im mighty impressed!

as always the system could be broken, only with heaps of time spent on it and a couple of months in the arcades under its belt are we going to know how that side holds up...

BUT

1. presentation is excellent, from the in fight screen to the new effects (nice and subtle imo), from the character select screen to the art. it all looks very nice i found.

2. graphics are much better than i expected. except for a couple of exceptions the 3d bgs look very 2d. there is heaps of movement and the different locations around the world are excellent.

3. the new characters all look cool, earthquake is unless im mistaken almost totally redrawn, has a new stance and plays very differently to his previous incarnations (loved his svc version). genjuro might be an old sprite not sure. iroha and suguroku look nice!

4. the graphics are very sharp which surprised me... i thought after neowave, nbc and kof xi it wasnt really possible. suguroku and ukyo even look HIGHER rez than previous games, very clearly drawn. earthquake and sankuro look bout the same as ss5spc. nobody looked blurry ala NBC though.

5. pace felt nice, feels very very tight (even tighter than 5 or 5 spc which had problems with doing throws or heavy hits easily as 2 button moves occasionally wouldnt come out, very frustrating!), i was able to run about, do all my normals right away and dash throw with ease despite this being my first time to play the game. no adjustment period (as far as control is concerned) required!

anyways i am going to be updating this thread with impressions and stories like i did the nbc one over the coming weeks. ill be concentrating on genan, earthquake, charlotte, basara and maybe some haomaru, caffeine, seiger, etc!

KagerouSama
09-14-2005, 09:55 AM
How is Atmoswave handling BGM? Is it on cart OST style, or does it have more an AST quality?
With my luck the volume it turned down so low you haven't heard anything anyhow. :(

EDIT:
Or happen to have seen my question in the first place. :crying:

Hmkay
09-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Yeah yeah, I expect people to jump on me to discuss about nothing but sprites again, but whatever.
And on a side note: no Beelze, I'm not about to try and make fun of you or bash you, so you don't have to worry. And thanks for the report. (When I've got nothing to bitch about, I don't)

3. the new characters all look cool, earthquake is unless im mistaken almost totally redrawn, has a new stance and plays very differently to his previous incarnations (loved his svc version).
I wonder what Earthquake looks like. We've only had one screen of him which showed he had an edited SS2 sprite. However, the fact they didn't show anything else of him before the release may have meant he wasn't ready yet and that they were still working on him. That's what I'm hoping.

genjuro might be an old sprite not sure.
All of the SS5/S characters still have the same sprites from what I've seen, except for Gaira who got an updated one, of course.

beelzebubble
09-14-2005, 10:11 AM
Yeah yeah, I expect people to jump on me to discuss about nothing but sprites again, but whatever.
And on a side note: no Beelze, I'm not about to try and make fun of you or bash you, so you don't have to worry. And thanks for the report. (When I've got nothing to bitch about, I don't)

I wonder what Earthquake looks like. We've only had one screen of him which showed he had an edited SS2 sprite. However, the fact they didn't show anything else of him before the release may have meant he wasn't ready yet and that they were still working on him. That's what I'm hoping.

All of the SS5/S characters still have the same sprites from what I've seen, except for Gaira who got an updated one, of course.

i dont know shit about sprites, i make a rough call and thats all it is, ill leave the final decisions and the arguing over sprites to the experts. no sarcasm intended!

Tung Fu ru
09-14-2005, 10:34 AM
glad to hear that your first impression was a good one. I can't wait to play that bad mamojamma. I wonder when it'll be out in the US?

Evil Wasabi
09-14-2005, 11:44 AM
sounds pretty cool... time to make some phone calls to see if CTF is getting it in NYC...

FeelGood
09-14-2005, 11:59 AM
hmm, we prolly gonna get it at the southern golf course place wtf its called next to knotts berry farm. if anyone knows lmk.

i heard its gay though. no blood, very very happy etc. ill take pt3 thx.

Hmkay
09-14-2005, 12:23 PM
i heard its gay though.
u should liek it den OMG LOL

KagerouSama
09-14-2005, 12:42 PM
The only thing that looks like it would throw off a seasoned player is the joystick layout on the SSTenka site.

ABC
D_E

Seems like an awkward setup to adapt to after years of:
_BCD
A

beelzebubble
09-14-2005, 12:57 PM
The only thing that looks like it would throw off a seasoned player is the joystick layout on the SSTenka site.

ABC
D_E

Seems like an awkward setup to adapt to after years of:
_BCD
A

not after ss5 and ss5 spc though right?

both had the following layout:

ab
cd

a-lslash
b-mslash
c-kick
d-special movement

Evil Wasabi
09-14-2005, 01:00 PM

ab
cd

a-lslash
b-mslash
c-kick
d-special movement

which was fucking disgusting.

KagerouSama
09-14-2005, 01:01 PM

ab
cd

a-lslash
b-mslash
c-kick
d-special movement

Shoot! V and VS used the diamond?
Was it far spread in use over the old setup?
Otherwise I'm setting myself up for an outdated setup for when I can get my hands on the game later next month.

Abster
09-14-2005, 01:57 PM
It's good to see Earthquake get a redraw, even if it is a slight one.

Gaira is bald this go around selling his SS0 ending.

ForeverSublime
09-14-2005, 02:17 PM
Is it on cart OST style, or does it have more an AST quality?

What? :annoyed:

KagerouSama
09-14-2005, 02:26 PM
What? :annoyed:
The background music.

I guess what I really wanted to know was the quality of the music used. I've only found three or four Atmoswaves around and every darn one of 'em are running either target practice or that special-ops type game--so I can't really tell from experience how well the machine handles Background music.

So...does Tenka sound like it's predecessors on cart format, or does it have the AST (Arranged Sound Track) quality you'd find on some ports and soundtrack compilations?

@ForeverSublime Hope it made more sense this time around.

ForeverSublime
09-14-2005, 02:44 PM
I know. I just can't recall ever seeing the terms OST and AST used correctly before, and it drives me mad after a while. I made a thread about it 2-3 years ago I believe because the rampant misuse started to confuse me. Everything would be OST if it's the original score for the original game - whether it's on cart or not, regardless of quality. "Arranged" refers to an adaptation of the original score. So, instead of constructively making mention of that earlier I felt it was easier to bitch and moan and act all elitist like. Meh.

Rogerkorn
09-14-2005, 04:58 PM
I can´t wait to see match videos. :multi_co: :drool:

Poonman
09-14-2005, 05:06 PM
Thats fucking awesome news Beezle. Glad to hear it didnt suck.

I still say Kim Kaphwan and Kuroko are gonna be the 2 hidden characters.

NWC
09-14-2005, 07:53 PM
I'll be looking for this! I hope it's been released around here. And I'm glad to hear that the sprites aren't blurry like NGBC's. They really are annoying.

beelzebubble
09-14-2005, 08:38 PM
I'll be looking for this! I hope it's been released around here. And I'm glad to hear that the sprites aren't blurry like NGBC's. They really are annoying.

if you are ever down osaka way (umeda) and want an assbeating in NBC pm me :)

krakov
09-14-2005, 08:43 PM
Wow, i didn't expect SS6 to be out so soon, I'm still hyped about NBC...
Looking forward to further impressions though.

Capt. Takehiko
09-14-2005, 09:28 PM
Love your work beelzebubble. A Gaira report would be grand. :D

Alex0916
09-14-2005, 09:48 PM
Hmmm another must have for the AW. Nice 1st impression bez.

SNKNostalgia
09-14-2005, 11:25 PM
Could it be possible that a AW is worth buying as a second gen Neo Geo finally? Thanks to SS6 it is getting to that point. Also the ports take so long that it just makes the wait unbearable. I still havn't gotten to see the Atomswave in person. I hear mixed things about it for certain games.

Abster
09-15-2005, 12:21 AM
Bingo! Match vids!

http://www.samuraispirits.x0.com/

In order

Sieger vs Iroha
Iroha vs Yumeji
Iroha vs Gedo
Andrew vs Ochamaru
Ochamaru vs Gedo

in the movies section

DevilRedeemed
09-15-2005, 12:49 AM
Bingo! Match vids!

In order

Sieger vs Iroha
Iroha vs Yumeji
Iroha vs Gedo
Andrew vs Ochamaru
Ochamaru vs Gedo

in the movies section

Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
nooooo!!!!...

VinylBoy
09-15-2005, 12:59 AM
I can sense about 1,000,000,000,000,000 clicks on that video link as soon as it was posted. ;)

I'm too surprised at this fast release in the SS series. But I'm glad that it's out and the first intial responses have been good. Looking forward to hearing what Cham Cham & Nicotine can do... it's been nearly 4 SS games without my favorite characters so I hope the news is good.

LWK
09-15-2005, 02:01 AM
Link got pounded, someone give me the vids so I can mirror them on dr.com.

AIM LWKSNK

Hmkay
09-15-2005, 02:19 AM
The site works for me, but I'll mirror the vids.

RBjakeSpecial
09-15-2005, 04:13 AM
Played one game of SStenka today.

The visuals are amazing. The presentation is so slick. The sprites look REALLY nice. (Still not GGXX quality though.) There is a lot of yellow, reminds me of CvS2 for some reason. Also they took out the annoying AWcard system so you don't have to wait for the damn rounds to load up (this was SO annoying in Kof Neowave.)

The game engine feels a lot different from SS0special. Feels much more responsive (as Beelz mentioned.)

This game is excellent. There were people playing it constantly at the arcade I was at, and everyone was using a variety of characters. Can't wait to play this in Akihabara or watch some games.

No blood.... I don't know how I feel about it yet. It seems like the violence of SamSho has always been a series trademark.

Don't know if it's been posted, but the controls are

abc
d e

a= light slash, b= med. slash, c= hard slash, d=kick, e=movement

edit: Couldn't hear the music at all :(

krakov
09-15-2005, 08:05 AM
Vids look great, I didn't even notice the lack of blood. They managed to make it feel very natural anyway imho.

The music is defenitely of AST-quality. There are even vocals in one of the tracks portrayed. I really liked the music and imo it doesn't remind much of the previous games.

Really looking forward to this, i need an AW-board :/

NeoDragoN
09-15-2005, 08:12 AM
Suddenly to go from a few AW games to own.....and then suddenly i get hit with NGBC, Hokuto No Ken, SS6, MS6 & KOFXI :)

Now thats a list worth owning :D

KagerouSama
09-15-2005, 08:42 AM
I bookmarked the Match vids page.
But, what is used to play an *.izh file format? I've never seen it before.

EvilMike
09-15-2005, 08:47 AM
The music is defenitely of AST-quality.

ehehehe ForevorSublime you even posted correct use of the terms in this very thread and it is still mis used. :make_fac:

Magnaflux
09-15-2005, 09:03 AM
Thats fucking awesome news Beezle. Glad to hear it didnt suck.

I still say Kim Kaphwan and Kuroko are gonna be the 2 hidden characters.

Kim as a hidden character would be so old-school.

Poonman
09-15-2005, 09:11 AM
Kim as a hidden character would be so old-school.

They said it was gonna be from another SNK franchise....and you could see the motherfucker sliding around in Hanzo's stage in SS2, why the fuck not?

hanafuda
09-15-2005, 09:28 AM
Kim could also be spotted on Seiger's stage.

As for the vids, I like the voice acting and the way they have given the characters quite a lot of dialogue.

The music seems OK, but I am not sure about that enka track on the snow stage...

I don't like the backgrounds one bit, but if the gameplay is good you don't notice them anyway so not the end of the world.

Doesn't have the excellent atmosphere of Samurai 2 or 3....

I went to try and find it tonight, but neither of the places I play NGBC had it. Seems clear that the release schedule is going affect the performance of this title considerably...

Hmkay
09-15-2005, 09:43 AM
I bookmarked the Match vids page.
But, what is used to play an *.izh file format? I've never seen it before.
That's lzh, a compression format. Winrar can decompress that.

And I think the backgrounds are alright... It seems like there are only 10 of them though, and no day and night versions or anything.
Anyway, they didn't update Gedo one bit, his animation is the same... So I guess that means everyone else like Sankuro, Gaoh and stuff haven't evolved much, look-wise.

Here's some more quick sprite analysis from me, for all 6 returning characters...

Wan-Fu: Redone.
Sieger: Redone.
Cham Cham: Unsure, either redone or heavily edited SS2 sprite.
Earthquake: Edited SS2 sprite. (from the only one old screen we saw)
Gen-An: Edited SS2 sprite. (one of today's new screens at the SS Tenka site confirmed this)
Nicotine: Basically SS2 self, or very lightly edited.

krakov
09-15-2005, 10:01 AM
ehehehe ForevorSublime you even posted correct use of the terms in this very thread and it is still mis used. :make_fac:

roffles, I can´t remember when I said that the music was arranged? any person with half a brain would understand that i meant the music is reminiscent of what you would expect from you usual SNK-AST.

beelzebubble
09-15-2005, 10:10 AM
Love your work beelzebubble. A Gaira report would be grand. :D

ive never used gaira though ive watched one of the ko hatsu crew (an arcade that specializes in samsho games and has a group of top level players who also gather at monte where i play once or twice a week) fiend regularly with him, speaking of which he fiended me with him last night.

has this shoulder butt/charge move, not sure if its a special or a normal, anyways he meaties it on you (just as you wake up) constantly and it seems if you block it on wakeup he can then grab you with that fucked up half your bar command throw :( he also has heaps of other options after it, basically it confused the hell out of me... its either a new move or one that didnt work quite so well in 5/5spc.

the game feels quite different from the last 2 ss's. crossups and combos are easier to do, iroha is a combo machine, hao can crossup his j.HS!! (then combo it into a s.MS).

andrew is pretty cool, nice moves though his dp seems pretty nerfed/ineffective and leaves him very open. he looks cool though and has nice games after his LS version of his fireball. his gunshoot super is sweet as well.

saw a guy do quite well with earthquake who has crazy moves not listed, i need to get to a quite arcade to try this shit out, the 2 back to backs in monte are chock full of good players day and night which sucks at first :(

wan fu is totally a new sprite and seems pretty crippled to me... he might have unlisted moves though and im just making an early call after one play of him.

iroha is popular for fiending at this point as is yumeji (seems too good!).

more tomorrow.

Fran
09-15-2005, 10:39 AM
by the way,
whatever happened to ko hatsu and their ss match videos?

all i can find nowadays is rumble fish 2
i like garnet,but game's not my cup of tea

http://www.ko-hatsu.com/

http://www.ko-hatsu.com/event/trf2ew1_end.htm

about tenka,i'm downloading the other videos now

i have a good feeling about this new chapter

beelzebubble
09-15-2005, 10:52 AM
by the way,
whatever happened to ko hatsu and their ss match videos?

all i can find nowadays is rumble fish 2
i like garnet,but game's not my cup of tea

http://www.ko-hatsu.com/

http://www.ko-hatsu.com/event/trf2ew1_end.htm

about tenka,i'm downloading the other videos now

i have a good feeling about this new chapter

dont know about the vids man... they still have heaps of samsho shit going on down there though.

Abster
09-15-2005, 02:13 PM
From looking at the videos, characters look cool, but gameplay just isn't there.

hermegildo
09-15-2005, 02:17 PM
From looking at the videos, characters look cool, but gameplay just isn't there.
How can you talk about gameplay from looking at videos?

:spock:

SouthtownKid
09-15-2005, 02:26 PM
From looking at the videos, characters look cool, but gameplay just isn't there.Please elaborate. I'm curious as to what aspects of gameplay you think are absent, based only from watching the videos.

OR

Is "gameplay" just a buzzword you use, that you don't really know the meaning of?

Gameplay-wise, what do you see is missing there?

Abster
09-15-2005, 02:36 PM
Lets see...

There's absolutely NO pausetime when a weaker move hits. SS4-5 had at least a few ticks of pausetime for each move that hits.

No red flash when a move hits.

SS5 style guard crushes (grab, push, hit to knock em down)

Ochamaru and Iroha look to be very combo orientated, and that's not even in the SS4 spirit. Ochamaru especially looks to be able to chain her regular moves.

hermegildo
09-15-2005, 02:49 PM
No red flash when a move hits.
This has nothing to do with gameplay.

The rest of the stuff is so superficial that I don't understand how you can just say the 'gameplay isn't there', without having played it no less.

You're just pissed because the game has no blood. :kekeke:

Abster
09-15-2005, 02:56 PM
Read my post again. The fact the characters in the game can't feel pain isnt the only reason why the gameplay is lost. Ochamaru is a combo machine. SS is NOT made for combos!

hermegildo
09-15-2005, 03:14 PM
Read my post again. The fact the characters in the game can't feel pain isnt the only reason why the gameplay is lost. Ochamaru is a combo machine. SS is NOT made for combos!
Oh noes! 2-3 characters out of 40+ play differently than the rest! Teh gameplay is lost.

:oh_no:

And lo-fucking-l at video game characters feeling pain.

I'll stop now, this is a good and useful thread and I don't want to derail it.

Poonman
09-15-2005, 03:31 PM
Man, I finally downloaded that shit.

The happy atmosphere with the tacky MvCish music was a bit of a downer.....

BUT, what I saw in the matches was several fighting modes with close matches that lasted more than 3 hits or 5 seconds. Bravo.

Abster, I don't know about you..... but if I remember correctly, SNK experimented/tweaked/improved/fucked up a good many things on their way to this title.....they've come a long way and I will concede that they still have a long way to go ....

But I am a Samurai Shodown fan; so if they change some things here and there, I make that shit work for me, or I dont play it at all(if its really bad). Plain and simple.

The game looked really nice, btw.

Abster
09-15-2005, 04:15 PM
Oh noes! 2-3 characters out of 40+ play differently than the rest! Teh gameplay is lost.

And lo-fucking-l at video game characters feeling pain.

I'll stop now, this is a good and useful thread and I don't want to derail it.

You don't get my point. Characters are NOT supposed to chain normal moves into a full fledged combo in SS. The series that makes a living doing that is Guilty Gear. :oh_no:

Well, the characters can't feel pain at all, because blades are not allowed to penetrate flesh here. SNKP brought all of the SS cast back only because they don't have to worry about them dying.

And speaking of MVCish, that's exactly where these slashsparks belong. Either that or change the sound effects when a move hits to a big pow like in MVC.

Hmkay
09-15-2005, 04:24 PM
Characters can't "feel the pain" ? It's a fucking video game !
Did you use to ask characters "hey, did that hurt ?" while playing the previous SS games ?

You're a hopeless moron. And you obviously have no idea about what the word "gameplay" means. Go troll another topic.

Abster
09-15-2005, 04:30 PM
Characters can't "feel the pain" ? It's a fucking video game !
Did you use to ask characters "hey, did that hurt ?" while playing the previous SS games ?

You're a hopeless moron. And you obviously have no idea about what the word "gameplay" means. Go troll another topic.

Shut up! Just shut up you fucking asshole.

Hmkay
09-15-2005, 04:33 PM
Shut up! Just shut up you fucking asshole.
Make me.

Abster
09-15-2005, 04:36 PM
I will

ni-ten
09-15-2005, 05:08 PM
wow looks too nice.
i think i need an atomiswave now.
But no blood,not even fucking white one,is not funny at all.
I guess nothing is perfect in this life... :(

Legend_of_joe
09-15-2005, 05:16 PM
Bingo! Match vids!

In order

Sieger vs Iroha
Iroha vs Yumeji
Iroha vs Gedo
Andrew vs Ochamaru
Ochamaru vs Gedo

in the movies section

what program do you use to open those files? :help:

Cain Highwind
09-15-2005, 05:19 PM
I will

:lol:

Funniest thing I've read all day :kekeke:

Cain Highwind
09-15-2005, 05:20 PM
what program do you use to open those files? :help:

WinRAR

KRONOS
09-15-2005, 07:36 PM
Time to add my share to this doggy pile. I busted into a rare 50 yen arcade in Umeda, Osaka to check out the new SS. And the sprite graphics do indeed look sharper than in previous AW releases :)

So, I won't whine so much just yet. The backgrounds are pretty sweet-They seemed to have put a bit more into them than in the last couple installments on the NG. I wonder if it would have been better to put these new releases on the Naomi instead of AW-I mean, does one have better RAM/processing speed than the other? SF 3 has loads more character animation-yet no in game loading. Fuck, my DC doesn't even pause to load those games during play.

Anyway, please excuse these drunken ramblings... All I gotta say is... What the fuck is up with Earthquake? The SVC sprite rocked the haus, all they had to do was re-shade it to match the rest of the SS cast and make this game uber hardcore. Earthquake people-I feel your pain. We do gots Sieger though-so, I can forgive.

NWC
09-15-2005, 08:25 PM
if you are ever down osaka way (umeda) and want an assbeating in NBC pm me

A challenge?! I gotta practice up first. These salarymen keep embarrasing me. :emb:

Hey KRONOS, which arcade in Umeda are you talking about? I want to make a journey to some of them tomorrow.

NeoDragoN
09-15-2005, 08:27 PM
Looks superb to me!

Backgrounds look so nice! Really remind me of Spirited Away, espeicially the one with where andrew fights.

beelzebubble
09-15-2005, 08:46 PM
A challenge?! I gotta practice up first. These salarymen keep embarrasing me. :emb:

Hey KRONOS, which arcade in Umeda are you talking about? I want to make a journey to some of them tomorrow.

prolly monte where i go, 50 yen heaven it is. ss is on the 3rd floor, nbc on the 2nd.

EvilMike
09-15-2005, 10:53 PM
roffles, I can´t remember when I said that the music was arranged? any person with half a brain would understand that i meant the music is reminiscent of what you would expect from you usual SNK-AST.

Anyone with half a brain would use terms correctly.

Fran
09-16-2005, 01:19 AM
The SVC sprite rocked the haus, all they had to do was re-shade it to match the rest of the SS cast and make this game uber hardcore. Earthquake people-I feel your pain.

that sprite was made by playmore

pheraps yuki doesn't want "playmore shit" in their games

doesn't sound too far fetched because not even shiki was ever used in ss 0 - 0 sp - tenka ?

pretty bizarre / unusual in this era where is perfectly acceptable to dig up 10 years old sprites

Hmkay
09-16-2005, 02:13 AM
that sprite was made by playmore

pheraps yuki doesn't want "playmore shit" in their games
Yeah, I thought that could be the reason. Or the other way around, Playmore wouldn't let Yuki use it or something, fuck knows.

Oh well..

hanafuda
09-16-2005, 03:26 AM
prolly monte where i go, 50 yen heaven it is. ss is on the 3rd floor, nbc on the 2nd.

Damn you! I have yet to find this game. Now been in 3 places that have NGBC but not one has this.

I was going to trek into Akihabara today for a guaranteed sighting but, er, just ended up playing NGBC locally.

Tung Fu ru
09-16-2005, 03:35 AM
Hmkay, you sound like a total douche-bag loser.

Tung Fu ru
09-16-2005, 03:36 AM
btw, nice pic

Hmkay
09-16-2005, 03:38 AM
Hmkay, you sound like a total douche-bag loser.
Kiss my ass, baby.

hanafuda
09-16-2005, 03:44 AM
So what do you think of the Revolution's controller?

KagerouSama
09-16-2005, 09:04 AM
So what do you think of the Revolution's controller?

The Revolution's controller will work perfectly when connected to the Atmoswave, and add endless ease and replayablity to the newly released SNK/Playmore title Samurai Shodown Tenka!

beelzebubble
09-16-2005, 09:27 AM
WANFU:
ok i saw a good wanfu today, the guy was using a bunch of stuff i didnt even know existed (as i mentioned before they tend to only list like half a characters moves on the panels these days) and i totally forgot his weapon spin special from ss2 as well.

basically he was throwing his weapon alot and trying to mixup after it by rushing in.. the weapon throw isnt really fast enough to do that effectively with though it does tend to scare the opponent enough to make dash=>throw a viable option (giving you knockdown and time to pick your weapon up.

his weapon swing move is good and seems to have a new part at the end of it where wanfu lets go and the weapon bounces in an arc towards the opponent which is good for catching ppl off guard (you lose the weapon though).

he also has good normals that do good damage, a few butt attacks and kicks in the air which are good for crossing up, a great attack with his butt from standing position which the guy was using heaps and getting lots of hits here and there with.

he was also being tricky with the weapon throw in the air by doing it just as he left the ground on the way up.

basically wanfu seems much better than i first thought after watching this guy play him.

GENAN:
gave him a try and hes pretty cool, i am thinking about using him properly though at the moment andrew is my man. im basically a charlotte player but with the new systems and major overhaul of the basic mechanics and physics ive not really gotten back into using her.

his normals are basically his ss2 selfs normals. he has his crouching glove throw attack though it doesnt stun in this game :( only hit. he also has a new move where he jumps back onto the wall then you can manuever him in the air ala spanish ninja. looks like it could be good combined with his j.HVY. his poison breath ball is excellent. stays out for quite a while, light is right in front of him, med in the middle of the screen and hvy comes out super fast and flies off the screen iirc.

EARTHQUAKE:
he is cool! dont know how much success i could have with him but im gonna try. his dp+KICK is his fart throw. he has a "fat breaker" move which is a hcb+AD which i havent tried yet. his d+SLASH in the air is awesome, HVY keeps on going for like 5 bounces whereas LIGHT only bounces once. his spin (dp+SLASH) has good/deceptive recovery time. his chain sweep is df+MED.

his super is the command grab which does nice damage and you can move him forward ala ss2.

ANDREW:
he rocks! ive totally picked him up and have a blast playing him despite him being new. his dp is good on wakeup. his fb is great with its different speeds. his rdp+SLASH has him jumping up and forward (imagine a super long hop for the HVY version, a normal hop for the LIGHT version) and stabbing just before he hits the ground... often leaves you vulnerable to being thrown though coz to get close enough to hit with it youve got to be right next to them.

his s.MED, c.MED, j.HVY, c.LIG, s.LIG, dashing HVY are all good. still hes not very strong in the air though his j.HVY is good for a meaty (jump straight up as they wake up) and his c.HVY might be a good aa. hes a decent poker, not haomaru caliber but not far off.

----

popular choices are yumeji and iroha, they beast.

most ppl use 5 or 5spc grooves.

the system is very different to 5 and previous games.
+less hit stun.
+easier crossups
+j.ATTACK->s.ATTACK now combos very easily (j.HV->s.HV for example)
+you can now cancel into long range blocked HVY/MED hits which changes the game dramatically. hao players throw in a fb, kyoshiro characters a dp, etc... lots of catching ppl off guard and block damage from it.
+no more easy to do wake up roll :(
+a bit speedier.
+low damage, matches are long.

great fun though, heaps of characters and variety and it looks gorgeous. some of the bgs are the best ive seen in years (africa for example.) the sprites are really sharp and detailed and the bgs are really well done for 3d looking almost totally 2d. effects are really nice and its hard to tell they are 3d not 3d, everything matches nicely.

RBjakeSpecial
09-16-2005, 09:31 AM
The Revolution's controller will work perfectly when connected to the Atmoswave, and add endless ease and replayablity to the newly released SNK/Playmore title Samurai Shodown Tenka!

ayo Holy shit. I just LOLed like a mofo.

Abster
09-16-2005, 02:24 PM
heheh.

At least now it doesn't feel as fast paced as when I first saw it.

Whatever, the case, I'll be busy Mugenizing once this thing hits the PS2.

beelzebubble
09-17-2005, 09:05 AM
new vids here. (http://www.trftrf.com/movie.html)

hanafuda
09-17-2005, 09:28 AM
Those videos are slow to download. Even with my 100Mbps link...

beelzebubble
09-17-2005, 10:02 AM
Those videos are slow to download. Even with my 100Mbps link...

yeah well you can play the game :)

its for those that cant!

DevilRedeemed
09-17-2005, 11:03 AM
haven't been able to watch the vids yet. I do get the sense this is more of a shoot from the hip type fighter - more in the street fighter mold. SS has always been an acquired taste - you could never just jump in. this seems to have wider appeal. is it so?
can't wait to play it. is it getting alot of play?

beelzebubble
09-17-2005, 11:24 AM
haven't been able to watch the vids yet. I do get the sense this is more of a shoot from the hip type fighter - more in the street fighter mold. SS has always been an acquired taste - you could never just jump in. this seems to have wider appeal. is it so?
can't wait to play it. is it getting alot of play?

yeah its getting lots of play actually!

i dont think theyve quite made it "easy to pick up" but it definitely has a more knee deep in action style to it than before, similar to kof/nbc/etc etc.

i like it personally.

DevilRedeemed
09-17-2005, 11:28 AM
yeah its getting lots of play actually!

i dont think theyve quite made it "easy to pick up" but it definitely has a more knee deep in action style to it than before, similar to kof/nbc/etc etc.

i like it personally.

brilliant! here's hoping there's nothing broken.
AW getting another lease of life, good to hear.

Poonman
09-17-2005, 05:02 PM

Using Seiger to trounce Yumeji: awesome. That dude is my fucking hero.

Rogerkorn
09-17-2005, 05:54 PM
The game looks awesome and that 4 battle modes looks very interesting.
Please Shawn get that game and NGBC too.

hanafuda
09-17-2005, 07:30 PM
yeah well you can play the game

Yeah, I guess so. I just can't find it yet! Seems like only the bigger arcades have it. Will have another look today.

Managed to get the videos in the end. The game is starting to grow on me more. Still don't like the backgrounds and overall presentation, but some of the music seems really well done. That Africa (?) stage music is pretty cool.

gamejunkie
09-17-2005, 08:08 PM
Wow, these videos are really getting me excited! Will there be any way to turn blood on?

Abster
09-17-2005, 08:51 PM
That's what I'm aiming for in the console release, but I doubt it.

EDIT: More Tenka movies detected on
http://www.ko-hatsu.com

gamejunkie
09-17-2005, 09:14 PM
That's what I'm aiming for in the console release, but I doubt it.

EDIT: More Tenka movies detected on
http://www.ko-hatsu.com

The gameplay is really sweet, but it just doesn't fell like a SS without blood...

That site's files are down. :kekeke:

gamejunkie
09-17-2005, 09:19 PM

What is the game just below The Rumble Fish 2? It's insane!

beelzebubble
09-17-2005, 09:45 PM
What is the game just below The Rumble Fish 2? It's insane!

senko no ronde. i dont like shooters so i find it very ugh.

its coming out on 360 iirc.

RondoX
09-17-2005, 09:57 PM
I never post in forums but it was because of this thread that I was able to check out this game. So I thought I'd give some of my impressions. I found this game at a small arcade near my station, and with no one playing it fortunately. I prefer to play the AI on a new game to get the feel of the game before competition.

The game is really nice in almost all accounts. It has two nice intros. One which goes through and displays scences and the title art for all the previous samurai shodowns along with the year they came out. Remincent of the first Capcom VS SNK intro. Characters have in game dialogues with two different characters. Very similar to Last Blade style. I was playing as galford, so for me it was earthquake and Hanzo. One happens in the middle of the game. The other happens before you fight the first boss.

All the characters for the most part look great. Except Earthquake. His standing animation is horrid. It looks like someone took a massive dump on his face. his sprite seems just like his SS2 one but only alot smaller. He seems tiny in this game for some reason.

There is a mid boss that pops up with the "Here comes a new challenger" screen. He is a traditional Japanese festival man. He has an interesting super in which a whole festival procession passes by.

As I mentioned there are two bosses. One is Amakusa and the other is I guess, Demon Goah. Goah has apparently died and has presumingly taken over hell. He is a way more interesting character this time around. I thought he was too generic in SSV. He has several wide rage attacks one being a flame attack that reaches almost half the screen. His super is pretty cool too, he flies across the screen on a horse. Thats right, none of that Samurai Troopers/Ronin Warrior super armor garbage.

One last thing. Im not sure that this is just my arcade or not, but... the AI was TOO DAMN EASY. I one credited it on my first time playing it. I don't think Ive ever done that in any game ever. The ending with Galford was really nice. It is very similar to his SS2 ending. This time he leaves Nakoruru before she tells him her feelings. And he jumps off the same cliff, which is the exact same scene from SS2. That brought back alot of memories.

Over all, it was a nice play through. I really miss the blood and fatals of course. But the nastaliga makes up for it some what. I just hope the AI really isnt this easy. Anyways, just my 2 cents.

Abster
09-17-2005, 10:22 PM
The midboss you're talking about must be Sugoroku.

Enhanced Gaoh however seems pretty interesting.

I heard this game has a 2 rival system depending on which character you pick. Sugoroku must've been one of Galford's "rivals".

The gameplay looks pretty decent, but like I said before it's simply NOT SS without the blood or fatals.

And is it just me or are some of the new voices a little off? Sogetsu's seems alright but Nicotine seems quite a bit off from his old SS2 voice.

RondoX
09-18-2005, 12:28 AM
You are correct. Galfords voice for example, is completely different. I was kind of dissapointed as I have been used to the same voice for the last 12 years.

Capt. Takehiko
09-18-2005, 12:33 AM
ive never used gaira though ive watched one of the ko hatsu crew (an arcade that specializes in samsho games and has a group of top level players who also gather at monte where i play once or twice a week) fiend regularly with him, speaking of which he fiended me with him last night.

has this shoulder butt/charge move, not sure if its a special or a normal, anyways he meaties it on you (just as you wake up) constantly and it seems if you block it on wakeup he can then grab you with that fucked up half your bar command throw :( he also has heaps of other options after it, basically it confused the hell out of me... its either a new move or one that didnt work quite so well in 5/5spc.

Sounds great, I look forward to playing this game. Thanks.

Hmkay
09-18-2005, 06:47 AM
All the characters for the most part look great. Except Earthquake. His standing animation is horrid. It looks like someone took a massive dump on his face. his sprite seems just like his SS2 one but only alot smaller. He seems tiny in this game for some reason.
Reading this hurts. I knew it'd be like that. When I told Abster there were much more important things than blood and that Earthquake looked like shit so far, he was confident he'd be fixed before the game is released... Yeah right. Uncle Stiffy was right yet again.

You are correct. Galfords voice for example, is completely different. I was kind of dissapointed as I have been used to the same voice for the last 12 years.
He has not had the same voice for 12 years though. He's got a new voice actor since SS4.

RondoX
09-18-2005, 06:55 AM
He has not had the same voice for 12 years though. He's got a new voice actor since SS4.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know other people have voiced acted Galford over the years, but it still sounded like galford. Its just not that way this time around. Anyone who hears it cant help but say, "WTF?"

Hmkay
09-18-2005, 06:58 AM
Tiny ugly Earthquake bothers me much more than how gay Galford sounds, though. :oh_no:

Shito
09-18-2005, 09:26 AM
Earthquake is tiny here for the very reaons Hugo was awfully giant-deformed in SVC: ripping from a game with a different scale of character physic is not a great idea. It may work in some cases: Nicotine is a small old man, and was kinda 'big' in SSII if compared to youngster, so it's ok here. Unfortunately, it's just not the same with Earthquake. :(

Anyway, the game looks interesting as hell, yet I'm not too confident about the switch toarda a more KOF-ish playability... SS always had a fighting pace of it's own, you know...

Hmkay
09-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Earthquake is tiny here for the very reaons Hugo was awfully giant-deformed in SVC: ripping from a game with a different scale of character physic is not a great idea. It may work in some cases: Nicotine is a small old man, and was kinda 'big' in SSII if compared to youngster, so it's ok here. Unfortunately, it's just not the same with Earthquake. :(
Yeah, exactly...

It's a shame really. No nicely redrawn Earthquake for us. In this game, he must look like a mix of his true self and his henchmen, size-wise. o_o
Even if they made a special edition of this game, an upgrade or whatever next year, there's no way they'd ever redo him now that they "bothered" doing that cheap SS2 sprite edit.
It may be a small detail for some, but personally, this my the biggest complaint with this game so far.

beelzebubble
09-18-2005, 12:42 PM
earthquake is possibly the biggest character in the game, perhaps kusaregedo is bigger, ive not compared them side by side. sure he isnt as big as his ss2 self but this game doesnt scale as much as ss2 so thats not possible.

oh yeah i think his sprite looks awesome. those things are very subjective though and theres not much point in arguing aesthetic preferences...

Hmkay
09-18-2005, 03:32 PM
Gedo is much bigger, no doubt. I know I haven't played the game and all, but it's easy to tell from that screenshot, and also because we know the size is the same size as his SS2 one. Tam Tam would be taller than him if he was standing still, too, like in the SS4 intro dialogues.

I think Earthquake must not be very far from Gaira's or Zankuro's height in this game.

Shito
09-18-2005, 09:30 PM
Yeah, exactly...

It's a shame really. No nicely redrawn Earthquake for us. In this game, he must look like a mix of his true self and his henchmen, size-wise. o_o
Even if they made a special edition of this game, an upgrade or whatever next year, there's no way they'd ever redo him now that they "bothered" doing that cheap SS2 sprite edit.
It may be a small detail for some, but personally, this my the biggest complaint with this game so far.

100% seconded.

Funny (?) thing is, among ALL the returning characters from SS2 Earthquake was NO DOUBT the one in major need of total redrawing, just for the very reason I've exposed in my previous post. Yet other were redrawn from sratch (Wan Fu, Sieger, possibily ChamCham), and Earthquake got just slighlty edited.

It's pure nonsense I say.

Abster
09-18-2005, 09:48 PM
Cham Cham did get redrawn from scratch for the most part.

MegaMako
09-19-2005, 12:26 AM
Cham Cham did get redrawn from scratch for the most part.

I guess that is some good news. I have not seen any Cham Cham vids yet, so I just hope she is pretty sweet, and not too much of a pain in the butt. :emb:

I was very excited to buy this game for my Atomiswave the moment it ships, but now I think I just may wait a bit for the price to drop. I payed $900 for the NGBC kit, and less than 2 weeks later it is half price! :angry: LOL. So, for anyone who plays NGBC, you know that is about 2 rounds worth the load times! LOL J/K... I do enjoy the game.

I am very excited to play this new SS. My girlfriend noticed all of the voice changes to some of her favorite characters. It made her a bit sad too, since she has been playing SS since the first one as well, and have been hearing many of these voices in her sleep for the last 10 years or so. I just hope the new voices are just as good.

I hope to see some more vids soon. And thanks to all that have posted the links to these vids! Great stuff! :)

Abster
09-19-2005, 01:46 AM
Well, not all the changes were for the good. Nicotine sounds pretty bad to me, and a number of other characters seem off, but as long as Chibarei is providing Cham Cham's voice this time I think she'll be fine. Then of course there's the no blood rule which had be in a stir for months now.

Good to see another Cham Cham fan come across.

Hmkay
09-19-2005, 02:30 AM
100% seconded.

Funny (?) thing is, among ALL the returning characters from SS2 Earthquake was NO DOUBT the one in major need of total redrawing, just for the very reason I've exposed in my previous post. Yet other were redrawn from sratch (Wan Fu, Sieger, possibily ChamCham), and Earthquake got just slighlty edited.

It's pure nonsense I say.
Yeah well... Earthquake being supposed to be huge, it must have been loads of work... But it still *should* have been done. As I already pointed out before, he should be as big as he is in Genjuro's SS4 ending or Gaira's SS5 one.
I'd rather have had Yuki to just bring back 3 or 4 characters and redraw them all nicely... As opposed to bring back 6 characters and just redraw half of them.
And Nicotine is alright even if not redrawn, indeed... As I also pointed out before, he's the only cameo character from SS1-2 who didn't get redrawn in the SS4 endings, yet he didn't look out of place at all.

Anyway... When you think about it, this game adds loads of characters... 4 new ones, 6 come backs, and possibly 2 hidden ones as well. I think it might be the first time a mere game "upgrade" adds so many characters at once in a fighting game. But as I said, I would have preferred quality over quantity.

roninbuddha
09-19-2005, 02:45 AM
how's the sprite animation? it's ahrd to tell from the vids

Shito
09-19-2005, 03:55 AM
Yeah well... Earthquake being supposed to be huge, it must have been loads of work... But it still *should* have been done. As I already pointed out before, he should be as big as he is in Genjuro's SS4 ending or Gaira's SS5 one.

100% seconded again.

Anyway... When you think about it, this game adds loads of characters... 4 new ones, 6 come backs, and possibly 2 hidden ones as well. I think it might be the first time a mere game "upgrade" adds so many characters at once in a fighting game. But as I said, I would have preferred quality over quantity.

Well, SSZ was quite a step also. We got quite a bunch of new stuff there too! :)
Possibly the 'most upgrading upgrade' in SNK history was KOF96 anyway.

Hmkay
09-19-2005, 04:15 AM
Well, SSZ was quite a step also.
SS5 added many characters, but many of them were clones. Among 11 new characters (counting bosses), only 5 of them were really new...
SS6 brings no new clones, which is cool and just "fair" after what we've had in SS5...

beelzebubble
09-19-2005, 04:19 AM
SS5 added many characters, but many of them were clones. Among 11 new characters (counting bosses), only 5 of them were really new...
SS6 brings no new clones, which is cool and just "fair" after what we've had in SS5...

wat is expected from games these days? there isnt as much change between 1 and 2 as there is between 5/5spc and 6 right?

Hmkay
09-19-2005, 04:30 AM
wat is expected from games these days? there isnt as much change between 1 and 2 as there is between 5/5spc and 6 right?
Expectations change (especially since SS6 is on a different system)... Also, SS1 and 2 were over 10 years ago. Basically, apart from Tam Tam getting removed and musics being changed for the worse, SS2 is superior to SS1 in pretty much everything.
This isn't the case with the latest SS games... Even though SS6 looks great and all, it doesn't seem to surpass SS5S in all regards. SS5S has blood, fatalities, Zetsumei... And a different gameplay too, slower and all. (And a better balance would say Iggy)

By the way, from the videos I've seen, the damage is too low in SS6... Rounds last too long, and many don't end far from time outs (if they don't actually end on time outs).

beelzebubble
09-19-2005, 07:37 AM
shit im really digging the feel of this new installment!

the thing im most impressed with though are the graphics, the marriage of 3d bgs + effects with nice finely drawn and clear 2d sprites is done very well in this game. andrews dashing attack (qcb+SLASH) has a normal version and an eagle version, the eagle version is an example of the nice graphics. the bgs are cool too.

cham cham, gave her a whirl today... she seems ok... her run speed is crazy making her really good at run=>throw.. no matter how much you use it though its not a very effective technique for anything more than keeping your opponent on their back foot seeing as the damage on throws has been greatly reduced from 5 (where run throw was a major part of the game). seems like a good move design wise to lower the damage of throws to me.

her rdp+C move is the monkey jump and fireball spit one and it bounces the opponent so much you can jump in with a j.C for big damage off the juggle. if you can knock the opponent down and constantly rain the rdp+C on them as they wake up (you can roll as you get up now so meaties are a much bigger part of the game) then you are going to do well.

saw the top players trying to break the game tonight.. they couldnt reliably block amakusas ball in the air rush down attack and they just kept doing it->knocking down->repeat as the opponent wakes up, right above the opponent.. nine times out of ten they were eating it... they were talking about how they didnt know how to reliably block it and having a laught about it... time will tell how this gets handled.

started using caffeine. he is really cool and easy to use. his fb is ok. his qcb+slash move is awesome. a little blue spirit version of himself moves forward and does a three hit combo (i only really use the light version but ive seen the heavy and it seems to hit low on the last hit). the thing is you can juggle with a j.HSLASH while the opponent is getting hit by it. i havent put it all together yet but j.C(crossup)=>s.B=>qcb+A=>j.C seems to be possible. caffeines s.C does huge damaage, his j.C is an awesome crossup that can be done even if you dont crossup deep (which makes it safer for you seeing as its easy to punish a blocked crossup with a throw) and his c.B is pretty good.

Shito
09-19-2005, 07:59 AM
At this rate, I'm pretty sure this is an excellent game at least.

I think we simply should not ask this game to be 100% true to the SS tradition and feel. It's on a new hardware to begin with.

Yuki accomplished the difficult task to present us a someway refrshed product, with a quite high level of brand new stuff, overall quality, and finally a nice mix of old stuff and new solutions.

That's something. Most likely the very best we can expect from any 'old skool game' coming out these days.

gamejunkie
09-19-2005, 08:19 AM
When can we expect a port to ps2? I'm pretty sure the Atomiswave cart will quite expensive for a time to come...

Hmkay
09-19-2005, 08:47 AM
When can we expect a port to ps2? I'm pretty sure the Atomiswave cart will quite expensive for a time to come...
Depends on what you mean by "expensive", as the price of NBC kits has dropped like a rock... $448 at excellentcom according to someone here.

UnCauzi
09-19-2005, 09:22 AM
I have to say after playing this game it's not bad, Tam Tam fans I think will rejoice (they actually gave him a jumping slash with different animation) only think is his game is hurt slightly by the damage system imo.

Kuse is hot, but that may be my bias since I play one of the best Kuses in the world imo. (When we were in Japan crazy japanese players were saying that he's amazing a few were supposed to be pretty up there gaming wise.) His roll is a bit different which kind pisses off my freind though since he kind of hops at the beginning of it. Personally I don't see much of a difference.

Mina seems a bit nerfed (more details later) but the lower damage is in her favor.

Genan is a splendid pain in the ass if played right. Anti Mina btw.

Overall I'll say I like the game, although the dial a combos pissed me off to see at first so far I don't see anything really exploitable from them.

beelzebubble
09-19-2005, 10:01 AM

both this and NBC are (dances with joy) somehow getting ports on the ps2 around the end of this year (winter period in japan).

both confirmed officially too!

beelzebubble
09-19-2005, 10:04 AM
I have to say after playing this game it's not bad, Tam Tam fans I think will rejoice (they actually gave him a jumping slash with different animation) only think is his game is hurt slightly by the damage system imo.

Kuse is hot, but that may be my bias since I play one of the best Kuses in the world imo. (When we were in Japan crazy japanese players were saying that he's amazing a few were supposed to be pretty up there gaming wise.) His roll is a bit different which kind pisses off my freind though since he kind of hops at the beginning of it. Personally I don't see much of a difference.

Mina seems a bit nerfed (more details later) but the lower damage is in her favor.

Genan is a splendid pain in the ass if played right. Anti Mina btw.

Overall I'll say I like the game, although the dial a combos pissed me off to see at first so far I don't see anything really exploitable from them.

yeah genan isnt my cup of tea but if you learn his fireball game you can control like a mother fucker and he has plenty of mixup options after you get stuck in an fb starting off with his new and very useful wall jump.

gamejunkie
09-19-2005, 11:39 AM
Depends on what you mean by "expensive", as the price of NBC kits has dropped like a rock... $448 at excellentcom according to someone here.

I meant expensive as more so than an MVS cart. :D

both this and NBC are (dances with joy) somehow getting ports on the ps2 around the end of this year (winter period in japan).

both confirmed officially too!

That's wonderful news!

SS6 from what I've seen in videos, reminds me of MvC2. It's not quite as over-the-top as MvC2, but looks just as fun with the sped up gameplay and huge roster. I'm really interested in trying out these juggles I've been seeing.

MegaMako
09-19-2005, 04:07 PM

I could not find the board listed at that price. Might be that it was a limited time offer, or maybe just sold out before I got there. It is crazy on how fast these kits drop in price. I guess that will be the last time I buy one right when it comes out! LOL. :blow_top:

Although, I have had a blast playing NGBC with friends, but I still just get my butt handed back to me when I go and play at AI on the weekends. :lol: Basically, when it comes down to it, if you don't have tournament player buds to practice with, you just don't learn some of the good presure tactics. Just wish the CPU was a bit more fun to play against. All in all, its still a good game.

And, I want to play SS6 NOW!!! :multi_co:

Abster
09-19-2005, 04:09 PM
Cmon. SS isn't the weapon based game for juggles and full fledged combos. That goes to Guilty Gear.

Hmkay
09-19-2005, 04:17 PM
I could not find the board listed at that price. Might be that it was a limited time offer, or maybe just sold out before I got there. It is crazy on how fast these kits drop in price. I guess that will be the last time I buy one right when it comes out! LOL. :blow_top:
The latest offers of sites like that are often seen in news letters, and not on the websites themselves...

MegaMako
09-19-2005, 04:40 PM
The latest offers of sites like that are often seen in news letters, and not on the websites themselves...

Yeah, that makes sense. I forgot about that. I remember that happens a lot with Coinopexpress. I guess I was just hoping that the price drop was not real so I would feel more like I got a good deal. :eek: Oh well! LOL!

beelzebubble
09-19-2005, 08:47 PM
Cmon. SS isn't the weapon based game for juggles and full fledged combos. That goes to Guilty Gear.

the game is whatever the designers want it to be.

from there you decide whether you like it or not.

Abster
09-19-2005, 09:32 PM
the game is whatever the designers want it to be.

from there you decide whether you like it or not.

Well, the only way combos should be present is with the SS4 based spirit. Are you saying it's ok that SS has become combo orientated? :oh_no:

Frankfurt
09-19-2005, 09:39 PM
Well, the only way combos should be present is with the SS4 based spirit. Are you saying it's ok that SS has become combo orientated? :oh_no:

It´s the best SS since SS2, even better than SS0s.

Does that answer your question, whiner?

Abster
09-19-2005, 09:42 PM
It´s the best SS since SS2, even better than SS0s.
Does that answer your question, whiner?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That's a joke. Nothing will eclipse SS2 or 5 Special. Why don't you kiss the censor's ass just a little more will ya?

Poonman
09-19-2005, 09:57 PM
Imagine if Mortal Kombat never broke out of the MK1 engine: 25% dmg uppercuts, no running, combos, etc.....If Im playing a newer MK but I find myself missing MK1.......then I just go back to it and play it.

"Combos"........is a beard for the words NO BLOOD. Stop being so transparent, we're not gonna rally behind you and hate on SS6, then not buy the game and finally punish them for taking out blood and fatalities.

Many have already conceded to you: no blood is a drag..... but it's not gonna break the deal for us.

Abster
09-19-2005, 10:07 PM
Well, sure combos are common in games without blood, like Street Fighter, King of Fighters, and all those other fist to face games. This is slow paced 2 or 3 hit matches with blades.

When they said they were going to take the SS characters in a new direction with SS6 they weren't kidding, except this is the wrong direction.

You want a bloodless combo orientated fighter? Play Soul Calibur.

gamejunkie
09-19-2005, 10:15 PM
Fine then Abster we're leaving you out of the circle jerk!

Poonman
09-19-2005, 10:36 PM
Perhaps....Namco is the trendsetter....and Yuki is just riding on their coattails?

A LOT of games are using those silly sparks for demarcation....blood is prolly held in low regard as some mid 90s gimmick to sell games.....soccer moms likely have nothing to do with it.

Electronics aside, the Japanese are a very backward people. They do wierder shit than this and it still doesnt surprise me.

*grabs pot of vaseline and goes back to circle*

Leave me alone now, I busy.

SouthtownKid
09-19-2005, 10:55 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That's a joke. Nothing will eclipse SS2 or 5 Special. How do you know? Have you played it? NO.

If you are so sure you are going to hate this game, STOP POSTING IN THREADS ABOUT THE GAME. Maybe even take the game out of your sig. You are easily the most tiresome person in News and Rumors.

Why don't you kiss the censor's ass just a little more will ya?So you know: a censor takes something out of a game. If they never put it in the game in the first place = no censor.

Having no blood sucks, but we've known about it for months already, and you whining about it over and over probably accounts for 75-80% of your entire post count. What do you want us to do?

Abster
09-19-2005, 11:24 PM
How do you know? Have you played it? NO.

If you are so sure you are going to hate this game, STOP POSTING IN THREADS ABOUT THE GAME. Maybe even take the game out of your sig. You are easily the most tiresome person in News and Rumors.
So you know: a censor takes something out of a game. If they never put it in the game in the first place = no censor.

Having no blood sucks, but we've known about it for months already, and you whining about it over and over probably accounts for 75-80% of your entire post count. What do you want us to do?

Have YOU played it? Does it make any difference?

There are so many things good about this game, but the cowardice of this company and the direction they're taking SS with this pretty much offsets all the positives.

Under all other circumstances, this game would most definitely have blood. SNKP doesn't do something this stupid unless they've got some kind of an excuse for it. This IS censorship, and this worst kind of distraction the game can have, ripping it out of its dedicated atmosphere and making it become mainstream, all because of some obsession with having a crowd riot, a very unlikely event on blood alone.

No one knew that they were going to keep blood out of this game except me, because I know how SNK acts. They embrace censorship more than ANY other game company. I knew they were going to do this as soon as the first loketest reports came in. Even those people who thought they would add it in the final release due to its wip status were denied.

I want people to help SNKP realize the mistake they're making with this. The setting and presentation of SS Tenka mock everything SS has been about.

Mark of the Wolves
09-19-2005, 11:46 PM
Blood doesn't matter at all. It may affect presentation slightly, but it is a fucking video game. That's it. Your just crazy as hell is all. You need to admit you have a problem. You have been on a crusade over the lack of blood in a video game.

Lashujin
09-19-2005, 11:49 PM
SNIP

Assclown - I think it looks hot

I was hoping they would take it in this direction, I never was a big samsho fan because it was a bit "untechnical" - even if it wasn't it always kinda felt that way

SouthtownKid
09-19-2005, 11:55 PM
Have YOU played it?No, so I'm not passing judgement until I do play it. See how that works?

Does it make any difference?It makes a huge difference.

No one knew that they were going to keep blood out of this game except me, because I know how SNK acts.What in the blue fuck are you talking about? Do you have some kind of messiah complex? "No one knew except you"? What does that even mean?

We've known about it since the game was tested and there was no blood, which with all your bitching, feels like about 10 years ago.

I want people to help SNKP realize the mistake they're making with this. The setting and presentation of SS Tenka mock everything SS has been about.People have heard, and heard, and heard this from you. Why won't you please stop?

Let's play a little game: We know you're upset about the no blood thing, so how about you don't post about it again until after you try the game. Just until then. Do you think you can make it that long? It will be just like the game you play on a long drive about who can shut up the longest. Won't that be fun?

MegaMako
09-20-2005, 12:01 AM
Have YOU played it? Does it make any difference?

There are so many things good about this game, but the cowardice of this company and the direction they're taking SS with this pretty much offsets all the positives.

Under all other circumstances, this game would most definitely have blood. SNKP doesn't do something this stupid unless they've got some kind of an excuse for it. This IS censorship, and this worst kind of distraction the game can have, ripping it out of its dedicated atmosphere and making it become mainstream, all because of some obsession with having a crowd riot, a very unlikely event on blood alone.

No one knew that they were going to keep blood out of this game except me, because I know how SNK acts. They embrace censorship more than ANY other game company. I knew they were going to do this as soon as the first loketest reports came in. Even those people who thought they would add it in the final release due to its wip status were denied.

I want people to help SNKP realize the mistake they're making with this. The setting and presentation of SS Tenka mock everything SS has been about.

I hear what you are saying, but there is a bright side, Abster! ^^ Cham Cham can never die. No blood.. No death :).

Ok, I am just trying to lighten up the subject a bit. I understand how frustrating this can be. I used to work for Capcom, and when they told us that we had to take out the character "POISON" from the U.S. version of Final Fight SNES, I was really pissed off..

Also, there was talk of changing Felicia for the U.S. release of DarkStalkers (ARCADE), and we fought tooth and nail to get her over here uncensored. So, I know that it is a crappy thing to have happen. :( I too am upset, but I am equally excited to try this new SS6. To finally play Cham Cham again like the good old days will be very exciting. I would hate to see you not want to play it just because of the blood censorship. Especially since there is nothing neither of us can do to really get it back in.

One other thing though, Is there a possibility that there may still be a blood setting? I know it's a really far fetched thought, but I did notice that you can turn blood off in Neo Geo Battle Coliseum. It defaults to ON, but, what if this new SS6 defaults to OFF? I know it sounds stupid, but I have noticed many operators just don't give a crap now days. It could be something they would overlook, or just not care to turn on. Anyone know somebody that may own the kit yet to confirm this?

Hang in there Abster ^^. I pray we all like it, because we need more good arcade titles to keep game centers going.

** I sure wish Arcade Infinity would get this game already! :) **

Abster
09-20-2005, 01:10 AM
Well, I wouldn't care if Cham Cham was killable. In fact in SS Mugen she will be killable, despite being my favorite character. Everyone should be vulnerable to death in the bloody atmosphere that SS is. Don't pull any of that invulnerable to death thing like the rurus in SS3 and 4.

Playing a game once I see it doesn't make that much if any difference to me. Chances are I'll hate the game worse when I play it because I'll just dig deeper into this game's youthification theme.

Trouble is, with the blood censorship, I wouldn't be able to enjoy Cham Cham as I did years ago. She really tore away at her victim when she snatched them with her pounce years ago, but now she's not allowed to do that, and it's been dumbed down a lot.

Ok, I am just trying to lighten up the subject a bit. I understand how frustrating this can be. I used to work for Capcom, and when they told us that we had to take out the character "POISON" from the U.S. version of Final Fight SNES, I was really pissed off..

Also, there was talk of changing Felicia for the U.S. release of DarkStalkers (ARCADE), and we fought tooth and nail to get her over here uncensored. So, I know that it is a crappy thing to have happen.

Well, at least Capcom eventually grew up over time and disregarded that censorship. Chances are if they brought back Final Fight here we'd be able to get a totally uncensored Poison character. SNK, meanwhile has yet to grow any balls. They're still living like it was 1993 or something, where they forced censorship on their non-Japanese audience.

I admit I have an issue with being obsessive, but I think it's for a good cause, as I'm trying to save the integrity and character of my favorite series. I've seen this issue coming ever since the game itself was introduced. I knew SNKP was going to go down the child chickenshit road ever since the "gift" they gave us with SS5 Special for AES.

Here's the thing. I am forced to repeat myself because no one fucking listens the first time. No one else would be willing to tell SNK they're making asses of themselves youthifying the SS series because they'll take any game SNK gives them and enjoy it like it's the best thing ever. Hell, they wouldn't even care if SS was ported to the 34th century. They'll enjoy it as long as it plays the same as its predecessors, which is ignorant.

I'm not only opposed to this game, but until I get the blood option I'm looking for, I'm boycotting the console release.

Kunai
09-20-2005, 01:20 AM
Do you guys think Samurai Tenka is better than NGBC? It's hard to tell how fun either game is by watching vids alone.

I am interested to play both, but unfortunately I'll have to wait until it comes out in the US or one of my friends gets the import version.

It would be slightly odd to play a Samurai Spirits game with no blood at all, but I'm okay with it. As long as I get to play old man Nicotine and Cham Cham again, that's all that matters.

Cain Highwind
09-20-2005, 01:57 AM

That is such a bizarre, warped sense of thinking. :oh_no: And you say WE have problems just because we care about *GASP* GAMEPLAY and the rest of the presentation?

You need to admit you have a problem. You have been on a crusade over the lack of blood in a video game.

And to think he denies the Jack Thompson comparison. They're both senile lunatics who just need to shut up. I wonder what putting the two of them in the same room would do, I'd pay to see that. :buttrock:

Hmkay
09-20-2005, 02:26 AM
Abster is being his usual moronic self, nothing new here.
How about trying to play SS games and enjoy them for what they are, as opposed to just masturbate on blood and Cham Cham ? You obviously can't hold a controller properly if you've got one hand in your pants all the time.
Keep going on with your futile rants and bitching... As I said before, I'll be sure to laugh at you when the bloodless ports come out ! :buttrock:

Shito
09-20-2005, 04:38 AM
Well, Abster wanking aside, it's true they clarely altered the SS traditional gameplay feel and atmosphere... most of you would probably agree with me when I say Ochamaro totally looks playing like Phobos in Vampire...

KRONOS
09-20-2005, 06:12 AM
Hey KRONOS, which arcade in Umeda are you talking about? I want to make a journey to some of them tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

The 50 Yen arcade that I go to is in a shotengai across from a 7/11 conbini where kawaii yamamba chics hang out. There's a Yoshinoya nearby as well.

If you got's a keitai and wanna get a crew together to go sometime, feel free to PM me your keitai mail. But, I gotta say, I'm only decent at the CPU, and lack the lightning reflexes needed to beat the likes of a Japanese grandmother :crying:

KagerouSama
09-20-2005, 06:42 AM
Here's the thing. I am forced to repeat myself because no one fucking listens the first time. No one else would be willing to tell SNK they're making asses of themselves youthifying the SS series because they'll take any game SNK gives them and enjoy it like it's the best thing ever. Hell, they wouldn't even care if SS was ported to the 34th century. They'll enjoy it as long as it plays the same as its predecessors, which is ignorant.

I'm not only opposed to this game, but until I get the blood option I'm looking for, I'm boycotting the console release.

What the hell? You're forced to repeat yourself here because no one "fucking listens" the first time? People have heard!! It's hard to miss!! And to be quite frank, the majority don't give a damn what you think anymore.

You also can't seem to be happy for being mad and obsessive! You want major changes to happen in the series, yet you claim people are ignorant for enjoying something, a damn game, as long as it plays the same or similarly to its predecessors.

I'd ask you just what the hell you wanted out of the game, but I don't think I'd really want to know anymore. You've just complained about something that most of us just have hearsay knowledge of!

Hell, let 'em keep out all the blood they want! Let 'em make all the characters SD anime style and hit each other with whiffle ball bats! Anything to add to your obsessive complex and drive you further into insanity! Just keep happy staying mad, Abster. It's that funky true vudoo you do so well.

gamejunkie
09-20-2005, 06:56 AM
Hell, let 'em keep out all the blood they want! Let 'em make all the characters SD anime style and hit each other with whiffle ball bats!

You know that would make an awesome game! It also reminds me of the commercial where a woman gives her soon a whiffle bat set and they're both refering to them as polymers in mint condition. :kekeke:

I don't know about you guys, but I'm just happy that somebody is making a 2d samurai fighting game...

beelzebubble
09-20-2005, 09:32 AM
The 50 Yen arcade that I go to is in a shotengai across from a 7/11 conbini where kawaii yamamba chics hang out. There's a Yoshinoya nearby as well.

If you got's a keitai and wanna get a crew together to go sometime, feel free to PM me your keitai mail. But, I gotta say, I'm only decent at the CPU, and lack the lightning reflexes needed to beat the likes of a Japanese grandmother :crying:

thats monte carlo.

Lupin
09-20-2005, 10:43 AM
I haven't posted here in a loooooong time, but seeing this , I have to.

First off, the no blood things suck! I know it, everyone knows it, but if it plays as good as it looks, we'll get over it.

I think this game has a lot of potential to be a great game, with or without the blood.

I saw Yumeji's super(the same one that bust Ukyo uses in SS3) and was very dissapointed to see no blood after she slices you up. It looked kinda neutered, and unnatural. Maybe because I knew what to expect, someone who's seeing it for the 1st time might not even notice. Either way I'll get over it if it plays a good as some say it does.

I'm a huge Samurai Spirits fan, and the no blood thing hard to swallow, but I want to play and enjoy this game, so I'll get used to it.

Don't get me wrong, if there is anything we can do to get our voices heard to get the blood back in, I will do it. One thing I will not to is ban a game that may potentially be a great gaming experience and lots of fun, over the absence of blood.

Really, the blood becomes a bit of a novelty, and even though it can be really cool at times, it's the fun addictive gameplay that keeps me comming back to the Samurai Spirits series(also the music, background stages, character design, etc.)

luggal
09-20-2005, 11:55 AM
Wow, these videos are really getting me excited! Will there be any way to turn blood on?

Any possibility of those who are able to play the game hitting the arcade when it opens or before it closes and asking to see the config menu?

Blood or not, the vids look pretty damn cool.

Loopz
09-20-2005, 12:16 PM
Having blood in SS back in the day was neato, but I played this series because of the awesome gameplay, art, and characters.

If you're abstaining from it because of that, you're a big fucking retard, end of story.

newhere
09-20-2005, 12:38 PM
Abster did you notice the backgrounds? SS tenka is not in the gore atmosphere. Why dont you get it?

Whatever you say this game is gonna be good I played ss2 long time ago since then only this game make me want to play it again ( I play ss5 and ss5s but there were no endings so i dropped it back to 03. Endings what makes me want to play if theres no competition.)Translated story is more important than blood for me. I pray for that when it comes here. I like all of the new characters Especially Iroha and Ochamaru.

And Ochamaru reminds me Lei Lei/Hsien Ko for some reason. Also I think she's unique and the coolest robot in a fighting game.

MegaMako
09-20-2005, 01:26 PM
Abster did you notice the backgrounds? SS tenka is not in the gore atmosphere. Why dont you get it?

Whatever you say this game is gonna be good I played ss2 long time ago since then only this game make me want to play it again ( I play ss5 and ss5s but there were no endings so i dropped it back to 03. Endings what makes me want to play if theres no competition.)Translated story is more important than blood for me. I pray for that when it comes here. I like all of the new characters Especially Iroha and Ochamaru.

And Ochamaru reminds me Lei Lei/Hsien Ko for some reason. Also I think she's unique and the coolest robot in a fighting game.

There are so many characters I want to play now. :multi_co:

The more I see videos, the more I want to play. Some of that new music is pretty sweet too. I can not wait :).

DevilRedeemed
09-20-2005, 01:37 PM
Having blood in SS back in the day was neato, but I played this series because of the awesome gameplay, art, and characters.

If you're abstaining from it because of that, you're a big fucking retard, end of story.
quoted.
for truth.
blood is cool. I and most of you have a very violent streak. we want to kill and mame and torture. we want to decapitate, perforate, castrate, humiliate. we want to cannibalize, and desecrate, slaughter, and butcher.

we want blood.
but... we've had blood for the past 12 years. my cup's been filled plenty. now there is nout more to shed. I can't say I care too much.
we want gameplay. 'tis what we be wanting now fair frenchman. nout more to say on the matter.

SouthtownKid
09-20-2005, 01:46 PM
most of you would probably agree with me when I say Ochamaro totally looks playing like Phobos in Vampire......with a touch of Lei-Lei. But I'm cool with that. Out of the new characters, she's the one I'm really looking forward to playing with.

Abster
09-20-2005, 03:22 PM
Lets see, where to begin....

In general, most people here have a very low standard. You're all easily impressed by anything SNK gives you, even if it is pure crap underneath.

That is such a bizarre, warped sense of thinking. And you say WE have problems just because we care about *GASP* GAMEPLAY and the rest of the presentation?

And to think he denies the Jack Thompson comparison. They're both senile lunatics who just need to shut up. I wonder what putting the two of them in the same room would do, I'd pay to see that.

Cain, you are a PRIME example of what I'm talking about. You wouldn't care if SS was placed into the 34th century. As long as it played the same it would be fine with you. As for Jack Thompson no one compares to him, not even I. At least I have history and facts to back up my claims. Thompson just wants to poison people's minds.

You also can't seem to be happy for being mad and obsessive! You want major changes to happen in the series, yet you claim people are ignorant for enjoying something, a damn game, as long as it plays the same or similarly to its predecessors.

I'd ask you just what the hell you wanted out of the game, but I don't think I'd really want to know anymore. You've just complained about something that most of us just have hearsay knowledge of!

Hell, let 'em keep out all the blood they want! Let 'em make all the characters SD anime style and hit each other with whiffle ball bats! Anything to add to your obsessive complex and drive you further into insanity! Just keep happy staying mad, Abster. It's that funky true vudoo you do so well.

Here's what I wanted, an uncut full fledged free for all with my favorite characters and everyone else with a solid storyline and new features. What we get is a heavily censored party fest with crumby presentation and no real storyline.

I support all 3 as well. But the lack of blood hits 2 out of 3, the art and the story. What is the sole purpose of a samurai? To destroy all enemies! That rule should never change, but was snapped in this game.

Backgrounds have nothing to do with the SS atmosphere whether it's gore or a party. A number of gore backgrounds have celebrations and people going on in it.

If you support this game, you support censorship, no matter which way you look at it.

DevilRedeemed
09-20-2005, 03:28 PM
If you support this game, you support censorship, no matter which way you look at it.
I happily support censorship.

Abster
09-20-2005, 03:29 PM
I happily support censorship.
Then you are a sad and pathetic person.

DevilRedeemed
09-20-2005, 03:44 PM
Then you are a sad and pathetic person.

not really. I'm pretty special actually.

SouthtownKid
09-20-2005, 03:48 PM

blahblahbla-blah-blahI can't wait for you to hit middle school and discover girls or something. Something real for you to worry about. I have to keep reminding myself that you're probably just a kid, and try to be patient with you. It's not your fault. You'll get there eventually; some kids are just late-bloomers.

Frankfurt
09-20-2005, 03:48 PM

In general, most people here have a very low standard. You're all easily impressed by anything SNK gives you, even if it is pure crap underneath.

Cain, you are a PRIME example of what I'm talking about. You wouldn't care if SS was placed into the 34th century. As long as it played the same it would be fine with you. As for Jack Thompson no one compares to him, not even I. At least I have history and facts to back up my claims. Thompson just wants to poison people's minds.

Here's what I wanted, an uncut full fledged free for all with my favorite characters and everyone else with a solid storyline and new features. What we get is a heavily censored party fest with crumby presentation and no real storyline.

I support all 3 as well. But the lack of blood hits 2 out of 3, the art and the story. What is the sole purpose of a samurai? To destroy all enemies! That rule should never change, but was snapped in this game.

Backgrounds have nothing to do with the SS atmosphere whether it's gore or a party. A number of gore backgrounds have celebrations and people going on in it.

Dumbest fucking logic ever.

Supporting a good game = Supporting a good game. That's it.

Not supporting a good game because of a small detail that has no bearing on gameplay or the quality of the game = Stupidity.

And you say you're not supporting the game and that you don't like this or that, but you're still following every bit of news, every video, drooling and masturbating while you wait for Cham-Cham info and footage. I bet you're going to buy it, too. I bet you are.

So SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU SAD HYPOCRITE.

If you had any balls you would've stopped caring about this game the minute the lack of blood was confirmed.

You're nothing but a whiny pussy.

DevilRedeemed
09-20-2005, 03:51 PM

Not supporting a good game because of a small detail that has no bearing on gameplay or the quality of the game = Stupidity.

And you say you're not supporting the game and that you don't like this or that, but you're still following every bit of news, every video, drooling and masturbating while you wait for Cham-Cham info and footage. I bet you're going to buy it, too. I bet you are.

If you had any balls you would've stopped caring about this game the minute the lack of blood was confirmed.

*Frankfurt's head explodes. the anger managment teacher bows his head and clenches fist. *

Mark of the Wolves
09-20-2005, 04:01 PM
What is the sole purpose of a samurai? To destroy all enemies! That rule should never change, but was snapped in this game.

You shouldn't make things up. That wasn't their sole purpose.

Abster
09-20-2005, 04:03 PM

Not supporting a good game because of a huge detail that has no bearing on gameplay or the quality of the game = Stupidity.

Go fuck yourself and die asshole.

I still follow the game because there's that chance SNKP might change their minds about it. I trusted them too much though, and it's clear now they're going to stay chickenshit til the end. I refuse to buy this piece of bloodless shit. The only good thing in this game are the redrawn sprites. It'll do good for Mugen, but that's it.

gamejunkie
09-20-2005, 04:07 PM
I can't wait for you to hit middle school and discover girls or something. Something real for you to worry about. I have to keep reminding myself that you're probably just a kid, and try to be patient with you. It's not your fault. You'll get there eventually; some kids are just late-bloomers.

Or he's a total douchebag that should be barred from discussion.

Mark of the Wolves
09-20-2005, 04:09 PM
Go fuck yourself and die asshole.

I still follow the game because there's that chance SNKP might change their minds about it. I trusted them too much though, and it's clear now they're going to stay chickenshit til the end. I refuse to buy this piece of bloodless shit. The only good thing in this game are the redrawn sprites. It'll do good for Mugen, but that's it.

Click Me (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html)

Abster
09-20-2005, 04:11 PM
You shouldn't make things up. That wasn't their sole purpose.

That's from the SS1 intro. From SS3 "The sword shines death, without mercy, KILL!" so SS can't have that anymore because of censorship loving assholes. No wonder they went bankrupt years ago.

MegaMako
09-20-2005, 04:11 PM

This might have something to do with us posting on a NEO-GEO fan forum... We like SNK stuff. And I think you do too. You can give them a chance ^^. BE HAPPY :). Because, if Playmore then closes it's doors, there will be no one else around to pick them up this time. Arcades / Game Centers are slowly fading. Pretty soon, it will only be home games which the console market will demand new / larger games. Which means, more games like a lot of the other crap this is allready out there for console systems... Not fighting games, since they are not the top sellers anymore for console markets. (Which makes me sad, since they are still my favorites).

It's not about supporting censorship. It's about supporting a new line of a game which you love. I have not got a chance to play it yet, but from what I have been seeing looks good. Basically, if you do not support this game, they are not going to say that it didn't do well because of the removal of blood. They will just say, "Well, I guess the SS series has seen its day. Forget about making anymore of those.." That is what we don't want to happen. So, yes, I am always looking on the bright side, and hope to stay that way after playing it. Time will tell.

Also, there is always hope that they will release a new version later with more things like blood and fatals... I know for sure that they were on a crazy deadline to put this game out this month. They had no time to slip this time. So, there is most likely lots of things they wanted to do that did not make it into the game.

:multi_co: Happy time! ^^

KagerouSama
09-20-2005, 04:15 PM
That's from the SS1 intro. From SS3 "The sword shines death, without mercy, KILL!" so SS can't have that anymore because of censorship loving assholes. No wonder they went bankrupt years ago.

Woah, woah!!! Hold up!

Last SS game before the bankrupsy was on the Hyper. 1999-ish.

I very much dobut a mediocre game had to do with the bankrupsy of the company. Especially in the hands of the Barones and the Aruze Corporation.

Please quit confusing SNK with SNK/Playmore.

Abster
09-20-2005, 04:19 PM
As far as I'm concerned, I hope they go bankrupt again thanks to the removal of blood. It exactly what they deserve for being censorship ass kissers.

KagerouSama
09-20-2005, 04:21 PM
As far as I'm concerned, I hope they go bankrupt again thanks to the removal of blood. It exactly what they deserve for being censorship ass kissers.

Yeah, this suits you fine. After all, your MUGEN will allways be untouched. :annoyed:

DevilRedeemed
09-20-2005, 04:21 PM
so SS can't have that anymore because of censorship loving assholes.
that's me :chump:

love watching Abster take baby steps towards a banning.

waiter!
ban pleeze!

Abster
09-20-2005, 04:37 PM
Sorry, I'm not lured so easy.

Cmon though. Doesn't anybody else think this game is nothing but hype?

hermegildo
09-20-2005, 04:53 PM
Sorry, I'm not lured so easy.
Abster, shut the fuck up and stop trolling this thread already.

It'll get you nowhere, it's annoying and you're preventing people that do care about this game from getting the information they want.

You don't like the lack of blood? Get the fuck over it. The game is finished and your stupid crusade beared no fruit so you might as well stop bitching about it.

Abster
09-20-2005, 04:56 PM
Abster, shut the fuck up and stop trolling this thread already.

It'll get you nowhere, it's annoying and you're preventing people that do care about this game from getting the information they want.

You don't like the lack of blood? Get the fuck over it. The game is finished and your stupid crusade beared no fruit so you might as well stop bitching about it.

No.

hermegildo
09-20-2005, 04:58 PM
No.
You're such a badass.

:rolleyes:

Lycan645
09-20-2005, 04:59 PM
No.

TROLLIN, TROLLIN, TROLLIN, RAWHIDE!!! :chump:

Abster
09-20-2005, 05:02 PM
Well, everyone here is hopeless. I want a perfect game not something inferior, but if you like inferior games, then enjoy them.

hermegildo
09-20-2005, 05:07 PM
Well, everyone here is hopeless. I want a perfect game not something inferior, but if you like inferior games, then enjoy them.
I hope that means you're getting the fuck out of this thread.

Abster
09-20-2005, 05:09 PM
Why don't you just shut up first?

KagerouSama
09-20-2005, 05:17 PM
When does the Pee-wee Herman, "I know what you are but what am I?" gag start?

Mark of the Wolves
09-20-2005, 05:25 PM
Abster needs to be banned or ghosted or something.

UnCauzi
09-20-2005, 05:27 PM
Hopefully the rest of the U.S. will get to play it soon. I for one am digging it
almost as much as I dug SSV when it first came out. The only SS I thought was
worth a damn since SSII. (Didn't play SSVS much.) So far although there are definately bad matchups there aren't many impossible matchups. Impossible not to be taken literally but say very hard matchups. As soon as I manage to break something I will let you all know.

SouthtownKid
09-20-2005, 05:46 PM
I miss fierceslash.com

hanafuda
09-20-2005, 05:53 PM
For anyone interested in the game, here are some new videos.

http://www.trftrf.com/movie.html

Good to see Hanzo in action, but it doesn't look like he has that much at his disposal for Vs matches. Maybe the player just wasn't so great.

KagerouSama
09-20-2005, 06:06 PM
For anyone interested in the game, here are some new videos.

http://www.trftrf.com/movie.html

Good to see Hanzo in action, but it doesn't look like he has that much at his disposal for Vs matches. Maybe the player just wasn't so great.

Thanks! Finally, *.zip s instead of *.izh. Winrar isn't so great for Linux users. :(

Abster
09-20-2005, 07:20 PM
Christ. Everyone hates me now! Even the goddamn cat hates me!

I'm so stressed right now. Even I get tired of complaining sometimes.

Poonman
09-20-2005, 09:14 PM
Christ. Everyone hates me now! Even the goddamn cat hates me!

I'm so stressed right now. Even I get tired of complaining sometimes.

Awww, Dont think that! I just loathe you. Pick up your ball and go home now.

Abster
09-20-2005, 09:41 PM
Awww, Dont think that! I just loathe you. Pick up your ball and go home now.

Ok. On second though, I think I'm gonna hang around a bit longer...

chimpmeister
09-20-2005, 10:39 PM
Wow, I missed this thread earlier, looks like it turned into a heavy flame-fest against Abster.

As for SS6, I will say that SNKP's decision to remove blood from the game (when this has been included in all previous versions, even up to fatalities in SSVS) is completely and totally ghey and pathetic. Its obvious that SNKP has lost complete touch with their fanbase and caved in to some imagined (and pretty much nonexistent) protests about violence and "gore" (if you can call it that) in video games. This was a slight problem in early releases of this game in the U.S., where they gave us "white" blood (sweat) instead of red blood, in fear of major protests against their violence. It was pathetic then, and is even more pathetic now.

Fortunately there was a way around the censorship on earlier SS games, but I guess for this one there will be no such option. Thats pretty sad and idiotic, really. We are still getting MK games with heavy gore and fatalities, and plenty of much more extreme content in other games. It makes SNKP's decision look that much more ridiculous; maybe they felt really stupid and burned by the circumvention of their bungled "censorship" of SSVS (via the Unibios 2.0, thank to Raz for that). And well they should, as their feeble attempts to chop the game were ruined.

Anyway having said all that, if/when SS6 ever comes out on a home console, I will buy it anyway. I agree with people's assessments that the gameplay is the most important factor, and having nice new backgrounds and music would be nice as well. I've always loved the SS series and bought most versions released, and this would be no exception. But it still seems like SNKP could build in an option to turn on or off blood and/or fatalities, it really is no big deal to offer that option for their fans. I guess they just forgot their target market, or are too afraid to rock the boat (as if they ever did with this series). Pretty sad. :oh_no:

Abster
09-20-2005, 10:53 PM
Finally, somebody says something right. :glee:

You deserve a cookie.

http://www.jfast1.net/~gfy/kensamudouga.htm

Features Kyoshiro, Sankuro, Rimururu, Rera, Mina, Galford, Yunfei and Ochamaru...

SouthtownKid
09-20-2005, 10:57 PM
Finally, somebody says something right. :glee: Yeah, you dumb fuck, did you read it:
Anyway having said all that, if/when SS6 ever comes out on a home console, I will buy it anyway. I agree with people's assessments that the gameplay is the most important factor

hermegildo
09-20-2005, 11:05 PM
Finally, somebody says something right. :glee:
You fucking idiot.

I doubt you'll be able to find one person that actually likes the removal of blood/fatalities in the game. It was a bad decision on SNKP's side and I'm sure most everyone will agree with that. The difference is that no one is idiotic enough to let that get in the way of what could be a great game or even go as far as boycotting it. No one is idiotic enough except you of course. Get a fucking life already.

Why are you even posting info on the game if you hate it so much? Why are you still looking for information on it if you plan on 'boycotting' it? Just get over it already, you'd made enough of an idiot of yourself as it is.

Abster
09-20-2005, 11:29 PM
First of all, get the fuck off of me you goddamn FLAMERS!! It's obvious all you want to do is keep my fuse going with your jerking off over how precious the gameplay is to you.

Southtownkid, you haven't seen the gameplay videos yet, have you? In addition to being a bloodless party it's now become a button masher. Look at Ochamaru's chainable slashes for instance, and it was NOT using SS4's spirit.

I doubt you'll be able to find one person that actually likes the removal of blood/fatalities in the game. It was a bad decision on SNKP's side and I'm sure most everyone will agree with that. The difference is that no one is idiotic enough to let that get in the way of what could be a great game or even go as far as boycotting it. No one is idiotic enough except you of course. Get a fucking life already.

Why are you even posting info on the game if you hate it so much? Why are you still looking for information on it if you plan on 'boycotting' it? Just get over it already, you'd made enough of an idiot of yourself as it is.

Let me count the people. Ok, hermegildo, Southtownkid, Spoo/\/, MOTW, DevilRedeemed, Lycan645, the list can go on and on. ALL of these people like the the removal of blood/fatalities and support the censorship this game brings. I refuse to buy a console version of this game if it doesn't have the blood option I'm looking for. You want gameplay? Go play fucking KOF or MOTW instead. This is a series where story and atmosphere is every bit as important as gameplay.

gamejunkie
09-20-2005, 11:34 PM
Is there a way we can just deduct every post Abster made in this thread from his overall post count?

UnCauzi
09-20-2005, 11:41 PM
I miss fierceslash.com

I'm surprised anyone even remembers that site lol.

Poonman
09-20-2005, 11:47 PM
Lets just ghost this shit up and call it a night.

I don't jerk off to censorship, I dont rub my hands and revel in bloodlessness.... don't be so delusional and paranoid.

SouthtownKid
09-20-2005, 11:52 PM
FLet me count the people. Ok, hermegildo, Southtownkid, Spoo/\/, MOTW, DevilRedeemed, Lycan645, the list can go on and on. ALL of these people like the the removal of blood/fatalitiesFor Christmas, I'm going to buy you reading lessons. Nobody likes the blood removal. You miss the point, which is where I think reading lessons may be able to help you. You know, for the comprehension part.

I'm surprised anyone even remembers that site lol.I'm sure a lot of people here miss the site. I liked all the SS5 individual character strat threads, because we didn't have it here, s-c or srk didn't have it, and even o-n had almost no SS5 stuff. Every once in a while I check Fierceslash to see if it ever came back.

Lycan645
09-20-2005, 11:56 PM
Holy shit, talk about Abster vs. everyone.

Mark of the Wolves
09-20-2005, 11:59 PM
First of all, get the fuck off of me you goddamn FLAMERS!! It's obvious all you want to do is keep my fuse going with your jerking off over how precious the gameplay is to you.

Whoa there man. If there is one thing I am going to jerk off to in a game I would want it to be the gameplay. I would hate for Tenka to have violence and play like complete shit.

Let me count the people. Ok, hermegildo, Southtownkid, Spoo/\/, MOTW, DevilRedeemed, Lycan645, the list can go on and on. ALL of these people like the the removal of blood/fatalities and support the censorship this game brings. I refuse to buy a console version of this game if it doesn't have the blood option I'm looking for. You want gameplay? Go play fucking KOF or MOTW instead. This is a series where story and atmosphere is every bit as important as gameplay.

This should say something to you. You have a problem. I picture you as one of the forest animals on a South Park episode who had a blood orgy. Just having hot animal sex covered in blood. I could understand if you were bitching about shitty sprites or something... Oh and I despise censorship. My pet peeve is seeing blood and whatnot editing in anime's. I've realized that this is just something I have to accept and that as long as the story is maintained I'm fine. In this case it's the gameplay. We wouldn't want Tenka banned now would we? It could very well happen with the way Japan is acting right now. :annoyed:

Lycan645
09-21-2005, 12:06 AM

I haven't given you shit concerning my stance on the situation and I won't until I play it so get your fucking head outta your ass.

Fran
09-21-2005, 12:17 AM
WHAT ?!!

no blood in ss tenka ??

please tell me it's all a big fat joke,please !

Abster
09-21-2005, 12:26 AM
I got your point Southtownkid. It's just that I don't believe it. All the people trying to assrape me now are cheering on how the game looks so great in motion and all that other crap. Unlike most people here, the SS series is the ONLY series I tune myself in for, because it is unique among fighting games for its style and its play.

That leads me to my next point. I DO care about the gameplay, just like all of you! I just don't hover around it that much because I just play the game to have fun. I don't want to figure out how to create big combos or study which moves can be cancelled into which. I play with just the basic systems that are outlined and do my best, and that's it. One of the reasons SS was unique is because its gameplay was not combo orientated, and it was not a button masher. It's about landing single solid hits. As it is now, it's getting ever so closer to being one, especially after seeing some of the videos with Ochamaru.

We wouldn't want Tenka banned now would we? It could very well happen with the way Japan is acting right now.

What are the chances of that happening? Slim and none. Will Guilty Gear XX #Reload Slash be banned just because it has blood? I rest my case.

I refuse to accept this censorship, and I want to do something about it for the console release. If SNKP won't listen to me I'll make sure they do. If it takes a boycott then I'll do it. They had their chance to create the game I wanted and they got all 3 strikes.

SouthtownKid
09-21-2005, 12:32 AM
All the people trying to assrape me nowI blame the internet for teaching kids about these kind of things. Abster shouldn't have to be worrying about assrapings until he's much older.

qube
09-21-2005, 12:59 AM
Every once in awhile something strange like this happens here.

How do faggots like abster go unnoticed for so long? Is it that they have nothing important or memorable to say so people just scroll past their posts, or is it that they snap one day and show what douchebags they really are?

Wierd...

Q-

Lycan645
09-21-2005, 01:05 AM

How do faggots like abster go unnoticed for so long? Is it that they have nothing important or memorable to say so people just scroll past their posts, or is it that they snap one day and show what douchebags they really are?

Wierd...

Q-

Probably was ghosted up until now

qube
09-21-2005, 01:10 AM
Probably was ghosted up until now

Nah, ghostings are few and far between, outside of a few noteables, I don't know of many at all.

Probably just that he is an ignorant troll that doesn't deserve notice ;)

FallenBrother69
09-21-2005, 01:34 AM
I saw some of these videos and thought that everything looks great. Honestly, I can understand the blood removal. With the updated effects, the blood would just look silly. If it was edited to match the style of the new sparks/flames/stuff, it would look really, really silly. I mean, shiny blood? What, did they all eat a bunch of glitter before the matches? Nobody would buy that! Sieger looks fantastic. The backgrounds look better than anything I've seen in SS. The new effect style is awesome and I hope they stay with it.

I was hoping for some major gameplay changes, but it sounds like maybe only 2 or 3 of the characters are really combo happy. Maybe it's just SNKP testing the waters. Honestly, I think it's time for a decent change in the gameplay.

Well, I think Abster might be the exception. He hasn't just been posting about this here. MMCafe, GameFaqs, InsertCredit, the SNKP USA official boards, and a handful of other forums have incurred the wrath of Abster. It's been over two months since he started his crusade and he's become more.....insane (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/shothedude/absterfightgogogo.gif)? I'm not really sure that's the best way to describe it and it might even be considered an insult by the more reputable crazies on the internet. Whatever.

roninbuddha
09-21-2005, 02:27 AM
Well, I think Abster might be the exception. He hasn't just been posting about this here. MMCafe, GameFaqs, InsertCredit, the SNKP USA official boards, and a handful of other forums...

hmmm, even our humble neogeoforlife.com, there's this guy (who i banned btw), who posted a "bring back the blood" petition... obviously, it coudl be abster...jeezz....

if he wants blood, he should go play Mortal Kombat or somthin...

matsukaze
09-21-2005, 02:56 AM
Does anyone know someplace online to buy the Atomiswave kit? Also, has anyone seen any videos of Wan Fu, Suguroku, Genan, or Earthquake yet?

Abster, despite what so many people are saying, I think you're right about some things. Some of your earliest comments on the subject were actually pretty eloquent. The problem is, at this point you're going about this ENTIRELY the wrong way. You're just making it harder to get what you want.

You constantly disrupt nearly every English SS thread all over the net. At this point, it’s just trolling. It just pisses people off. If you want anything to happen, you should try to stop irritating people so much. Stick to your petitions. Get the word out, and then leave it alone. The Japanese, in general, have a real problem with disharmony. They also consider overt anger to be the height of rudeness. If SNK-Playmore were to read these threads, they probably would dismiss you. They respect consensus. Even the U.S. reps would be more likely to pay attention if so many people weren’t shooting you down.

As far as I'm concerned, there's absolutely nothing wrong with your petition or letter campaign. What could it hurt?

A lot of the arguments against blood and "fatalities" in the game are pretty idiotic. It just detracts from the realism and the original spirit of the game. It makes it feel more superficial. If you cut someone with a blade, they bleed. It doesn't matter if it's a festival. If they really wanted that kind of thing, the characters should be fighting with bokken (or better yet, shinai). Also, several of the really nasty characters don't fit the festival theme at all (Kusaregedo, Raestumaru, etc.). Having said that, the fights in the Yojimbo series of movies were really wrenching in part because the violence and blood was subtle and realistic.

The only really compelling argument against blood is that the programmers think that they will get blamed (and maybe litigated against) for violence in Japan (they could easily use different hitsparks). It's even more ridiculous in the United States where so many popular games are much more graphically violent (and have been FOR YEARS). Personally, I don't think there’s any kind of causal relationship. Isn’t it far more dangerous to teach kids that extreme violence has no real consequences?

I do think that most of the backgrounds are pretty good, even in the context of the original spirit of the series. I don’t like the mixing of high res and low res, but what can you do? I really wish every character had their own background. What’s the point of having 40 characters, but only 10 backgrounds? Unfortunately, this kind of thing has become pretty much commonplace.

On a side note, "The sword shines death, without mercy, KILL!" is a quote from or about Zankuro (unless I’m mistaken) in the intro of SS3. He’s not exactly a paragon of samurai virtue. The word samurai literally means “to serve.” As far as the samurai ideal goes, you might want to research the word katsujinken, “the sword that heals.” It might not be what you think.

Good luck,

Matsukaze

RBjakeSpecial
09-21-2005, 03:29 AM
How can it be "censored" if it's the original? There never was a sam sho tenka with blood. It's not like a rap album that has been bleeped to sell at walmart. The original was made to not have blood.

I think it might be to enhance the dream match feeling.

Game looks and plays like heaven, that's all that matters at the end of the day. I bet you anything Metal Slug 6 won't have blood either.

Hmkay
09-21-2005, 03:54 AM
I bet you anything Metal Slug 6 won't have blood either.
The MS6 videos I've seen had white blood if I recall correctly, which would imply it can be turned red with the proper settings... No ?

honeyman
09-21-2005, 08:38 AM

Even though your opinion is totally valid and you obviously feel strongly about this I don't think the staff at SNKPlaymore in OSaka will be able to understand your posts, let alone read them (or any other member's posts for that matter) as chances are that they don't read English very well? Anyway, blood aside, could you surprise yourself if when you play this game you actually enjoy it or can you read the future?

DevilRedeemed
09-21-2005, 08:56 AM
The MS6 videos I've seen had white blood if I recall correctly, which would imply it can be turned red with the proper settings... No ?

you would think - but GGX ver1.5 for AW also has white blood and this odes not appear to change, regardless of settings. so I'm not so sure at this point.

beelzebubble
09-21-2005, 09:35 AM
this game is awesome.

at the moment im too much in dreamland with what i consider to be the return of snk(p) after this game, NBC and the upcoming KOFXI to worry about something that i consider so trivial, that is the lack of blood.

thing is abster you talk about the lack of blood like it should be as important to everyone as it is to you.

thats just plain arrogant.

sure gameplay is something EVERYONE considers important. inclusion of blood just isnt.

for me the lack of blood subtracts like one point (out of a score that is out of 100) so lack of blood in this version doesnt even make me bat an eyelid.

Hmkay
09-21-2005, 09:59 AM
I'd rather have had a nicely redrawn Earthquake or more backgrounds rather than blood.

Can anyone confirm there are only 10 backgrounds ? It's a bit of a shame... The more characters, the fewer backgrounds. Oh well, at least they mostly look good.

DevilRedeemed
09-21-2005, 10:05 AM
I'd rather have had a nicely redrawn Earthquake or more backgrounds rather than blood.

Can anyone confirm there are only 10 backgrounds ? It's a bit of a shame... The more characters, the fewer backgrounds. Oh well, at least they mostly look good.

that's true. seems to me the age of a good amount of backrounds is well over. would love to have day changes ala old SNK games. that was so cool back in the day..

the music sounds excellent in this game!!

Lupin
09-21-2005, 10:21 AM
I also miss the days of alot of backgrounds. It was great when each character had their own stage/background and their own background music. That's why I love Samurai Spirits 3, it was the last of the series to do this. It's the same w/ KoF, KoF96 was the last to do this.

I would love a return to the old ways. I sorta understood it for the AES/MVS, more characters probably equal less stages/music, because of the limitations of the system.

Why is it that we don't have dedicated character stages and music on the AW? Is it because of the system it self(doubt it) or is it just SNKP doesn't want to include them(most likely)?

Hmkay
09-21-2005, 10:25 AM
Why is it that we don't have dedicated character stages and music on the AW? Is it because of the system it self(doubt it) or is it just SNKP doesn't want to include them(most likely)?
Most likely because making a background is a lot of work. SS6 has 40 characters, that'd mean making 40 new high-res backgrounds, quite simply...

Ely13
09-21-2005, 12:16 PM

Wierd...

Q-
My nomination went unnoticed last month :( He's been at it for awhile now.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1610186&postcount=36
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1615750&postcount=149

beelzebubble
09-21-2005, 12:30 PM
1. weird medieval darkstalkers looking stage.
2. ship at sea stage.
3. africa stage.
4. aztec stage.
5. emperor watching in japan stage.
6. snow stage.
7. china stage.
8. japan festival stage.
9. white house stage.
10. ??

looks like its about 10 stages.

Mr. Wizard
09-21-2005, 12:37 PM
I personally will miss the ability to cut your apponent in half with showers of blood and also I've missed the scaling feature. These things added atmosphere which makes the Samurai experience more realistic, unique and memorable. However, these things have little or no effect on gameplay and in some cases hinder the pace of a match. Regardless I have all 5 Samshows and can revisit these features any time. If this game had it all ther'ed be no reason to revisit the Samshows of yester year. Sure I'd love it if this new Samshow would have it all but it wont break the game for me. I guess for some you must have it all and more to be satisfied. Who knows maybe there will be a Special version released for error corrections or added features that will include blood. ;)

Mr. Wizard
09-21-2005, 12:43 PM
I personally will miss the ability to cut your apponent in half with showers of blood and also I've missed the scaling feature. These things added atmosphere which makes the Samurai experience more realistic, unique and memorable. However, these things have little or no effect on gameplay and in some cases hinder the pace of a match. Regardless I have all 5 Samshows and can revisit these features any time. If this game had it all ther'ed be no reason to revisit the Samshows of yester year. Sure I'd love it if this new Samshow would have it all but it wont break the game for me. I guess for some you must have it all and more to be satisfied. Who knows maybe there will be a Special version released for error corrections or added features that will include blood. ;)

KagerouSama
09-21-2005, 12:54 PM
Woah!
Mr. Wizard double post!

!!!HIGH SCORE!!!

BIG MONEY!! BIG PRIZES!!

I'm not picking at you. Just having a good laugh at myself.

Mr. Wizard
09-21-2005, 01:00 PM
What the heck. Everytime I refresh the page it came up with this error message. I guess thats why it doubled up. Ooo well. Cwapidapoo. :angry:

Hmkay
09-21-2005, 02:06 PM
1. weird medieval darkstalkers looking stage.
2. ship at sea stage.
3. africa stage.
4. aztec stage.
5. emperor watching in japan stage.
6. snow stage.
7. china stage.
8. japan festival stage.
9. white house stage.
10. ??

looks like its about 10 stages.
10. horse coach stage

Wizard: There are zooms in this game.

Mr. Wizard
09-21-2005, 02:09 PM
10. horse coach stage

Wizard: There are zooms in this game.

Really. Cool. Didn't see any in the vids I downloaded. Good news. Thanks. :)

Hmkay
09-21-2005, 02:11 PM
Really. Cool. Didn't see any in the vids I downloaded. Good news. Thanks. :)
Look at the Galford vs Mina video (4th link) for example, there's a zoom out at the very beginning of it as both players move backward... Zooms are probably much smoother than on the Neo, considering the resolution of the AW is much higher. No more pixel fest.

Mr. Wizard
09-21-2005, 02:37 PM
Look at the Galford vs Mina video (4th link) for example, there's a zoom out at the very beginning of it as both players move backward... Zooms are probably much smoother than on the Neo, considering the resolution of the AW is much higher. No more pixel fest.

I see now. The zooms don't seem as dramatic as far as how far the camera zooms in and out. The game looks a lot smoother and I noticed that the background showed more depth. I'm excited. Thanks for the link! :glee:

Abster
09-21-2005, 02:58 PM
Southtownkid: I'm 20 years old and am in my third year of college. Thank you.

FallenBrother69: Look silly? It's essential! Those kind of slashsparks fit better with Marvel vs Capcom rather than Samurai Spirits. It appears they bleed glitter by default. Guilty Gear has sparks similar to those as well, yet they keep the blood. Why SS can't go the same route is beyond me. There are all sorts of people stalking me wherever I go, and are just waiting to see what I do next. I always do the same thing, and that is campaign. I want to do something about this censorship, but as history has shown here, most fanboys don't want to bother with it.

roninbuddha: That would be somebody from SNK USA's forums who was with my idea and supported it. I'm not a Mortal Kombat fan, despite liking some of the earlier games. When MK went 3d it was all over for me.

matsukaze: You mean I'm supposed to kiss their ass just to get their attention? It's not my style.

honeyman: They make an english version of their site, as well as the SS official site. I would think they'd be able to understand some english.

beelzebubble: -_- Arrogant? If I'm not able to convince everyone to the importance of SS blood, then SNKP will learn to absorb itself into this practice of censorship and will censor all future games, like KOF, MS, and SS. I want to prevent that and let them know that they made a mistake by doing this and it's bad for their reputation. It's good for you that you prefer a bloodless SS, but I don't. SS's combat has ALWAYS been bloody, and it should stay that way.

Mr. Wizard: Well, I can hope that there will be a "special" version which includes everything we're getting screwed out of here, but since word going around is that this is the very last SS game in the series, I'm not taking any chances. It's either now or it's all over.

Hmkay
09-21-2005, 03:03 PM
beelzebubble: -_- Arrogant? If I'm not able to convince everyone to the importance of SS blood, then SNKP will learn to absorb itself into this practice of censorship and will censor all future games, like KOF, MS, and SS. I want to prevent that and let them know that they made a mistake by doing this and it's bad for their reputation. It's good for you that you prefer a bloodless SS, but I don't. SS's combat has ALWAYS been bloody, and it should stay that way.
Once again, you're giving yourself way more importance than you're worth. Stop acting like your existence matters or will change anything. :chump:

Abster
09-21-2005, 03:05 PM
This message is hidden because Hmkay is on your ignore list.

Good riddance.

Mark of the Wolves
09-21-2005, 03:06 PM
We've been through this once. SNK Playmore doesn't give a rats ass what you think. 1. Either you buy it anyway in which case they win.
2. You don't buy it anyway in which case they don't care because they weren't making the game for you.

Hmkay
09-21-2005, 03:09 PM
Good riddance.
People who put you on their ignore list yet bother clicking the link to read your messages aren't all that smart. :chump:

gamejunkie
09-21-2005, 03:28 PM
beelzebubble, do you think you could start another thread for "updated" impressions? This one crashed and burned about three pages ago...

It would be great if all discussion of the lack of blood could be barred.

Hmkay
09-21-2005, 03:31 PM
It would be great if all discussion of the lack of blood could be barred.
Abster will brainlessly whine about the lack of blood on any SS Tenka thread.

Abster
09-21-2005, 03:54 PM
This message is hidden because Hmkay is on your ignore list.
Excuse me jackass?

Abster
09-21-2005, 03:56 PM
We've been through this once. SNK Playmore doesn't give a rats ass what you think. 1. Either you buy it anyway in which case they win.
2. You don't buy it anyway in which case they don't care because they weren't making the game for you.

In that case, SNKP only cares about themselves, not their fans.

Mark of the Wolves
09-21-2005, 03:59 PM
No they know the real fans won't care and will still play the game. You on the other are not a real fan as you would let something so minimal prevent you from playing the game.

Abster
09-21-2005, 04:02 PM
No they know the real fans won't care and will still play the game. You on the other are not a real fan as you would let something so minimal prevent you from playing the game.

You're just a fanboy. The real fan wants the real deal not something watered down.

Hmkay
09-21-2005, 04:07 PM
You're just a fanboy. The real fan wants the real deal not something watered down.
Yeah right. You basically admitted you sucked at SS, and won't bother learning cancelable moves and stuff... So much for a real fan.

Some people play SS games and enjoy them, others are more interested in buying Cham Cham hentai or making shitty Mugen games that no one will play but them. To each his own.

DevilRedeemed
09-21-2005, 04:16 PM

who gives a flying fuck about your plight at this point?
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
shut the fuck up.
and die.

Abster
09-21-2005, 04:24 PM
Where's your mute button? Oh, it's here!

Ely13
09-21-2005, 04:31 PM
This is what the real fan does with his time:

(From Abster's website)
http://www.chamchamfan.hpg.ig.com.br/tecinfo.htm
http://www.chamchamfan.hpg.ig.com.br/mp_chamcham.html

Sex - First of it all, Cham Cham is 14. Second, she is still very childish over romantic issues. Once these obstacles are overcome (i.e.: You wait a few years and teach her a *lot*) sex with Cham Cham can be overly fun. She will dedicate the same entusiasm she dedicates to all her tasks to lovemaking and will be a wild, creative lover. In the case you are so young and inexperienced as Cham Cham (I'm talking with you, Shizumaru :-)) sex will be a selfdiscovering thing for you both (a la Blue Lagoon) Still a memorable experience.
You belong in the same cage Shito is in :annoyed:

chimpmeister
09-21-2005, 04:36 PM
OK I think everyone made their points in this thread so how about if we just drop the arguments and try to be a little more diplomatic? Some people feel very strongly about the lack of blood and fatalities, and others don't. Lets just leave it at that and see what happens when the game comes out, OK?

Magnaflux
09-21-2005, 04:37 PM
OK I think everyone made their points in this thread so how about if we just drop the arguments and try to be a little more diplomatic? Some people feel very strongly about the lack of blood and fatalities, and others don't. Lets just leave it at that and see what happens when the game comes out, OK?

Holy Shit. I just saw the largest pot on Earth call the largest kettle on Earth black.

First thing tomorrow morning Abster goes in the toolshed. :shame:

Poonman
09-21-2005, 04:38 PM
Ely. DAMN. This new kid is stepping up his game, shit.

LWK
09-21-2005, 04:39 PM
This game looks awesome. Pretty much all I got to say. I am totally digging the bg's also. Very nice entry. I still feel this series needs a break for others to catch up. Fatal Fury really needs a sequal.

hermegildo
09-21-2005, 04:40 PM

(From Abster's website)

Jesus fucking Christ...

:oh_no:

That just about kills any desire I'll ever have to address this loser.

Bitch as much as you want little Abster, you've just owned yourself.

Mark of the Wolves
09-21-2005, 04:51 PM

(From Abster's website)

:spock:

Abster
09-21-2005, 05:29 PM
I didn't even write the marriage prospects. Nockermensch did that when he first ran the site. I just keep up to date the site he used to run. If you want to make yourselves even more like idiots he made a Tam Tam one as well.

Otherwise, what chimpmeister said.

qube
09-21-2005, 07:56 PM
Otherwise, what chimpmeister said.

Heh, yeah, Chimp is your only ally. Think about that you stubborn douche.

I'd rather be on my own than have Chimp getting my back :oh_no:

KagerouSama
09-21-2005, 07:59 PM
Isn't it only natural that a Cham Cham fan have a chimp backing him/her/it up?