AM Show 43 : Cave had Esp Galuda 2 playable

barf

Maxima's Barber
if only i still had a PS2 i could enjoy these... hooo whatever i don t have much spare time anyway~

am_etc18.jpg

am_etc17.jpg

am_etc16.jpg

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
The game and those cabinets look beautiful!!!! :drool:

GAMEFAN

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Ugh, I cant wait. :drool_2:

whats with the pics being upside down.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
yeah really, somebody in Japan needs to properly learn how to rotate pics before they upload them... I mean hell they watermarked it and everything :rolleyes:

doesn't look like the game is going to be a big change from ESPGaluda 1.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
If Taito does a PS2 port, count me out.

ESPgaluda and DDP DOJ > Mushi

Game looks awesome! I want an Ibara port first, please.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
pixeljunkie said:
If Taito does a PS2 port, count me out.

Game looks awesome! I want an Ibara port first, please.

I agree 100% with what you're sayin'.

I will probably break the bank and get the PCB.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
pixeljunkie said:

Well, many Cave fans I know share your opinion about Mushihime-sama, but others prefer Mushihime over Galuda because it's less technical and more focussed on pure shmup action, despite its colorful look and the huge and detailed insect sprites.

Personally I love both, but I really dislike Galuda's end boss... there you are with your powered-up charge shot, bombs and whatnot but you're not allowed to use all that crap because it gives the boss energy instead of taking it away... wtf?!

Anyway... Count me in for Galuda2! :)

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Takumaji said:
Well, many Cave fans I know share your opinion about Mushihime-sama, but others prefer Mushihime over Galuda because it's less technical and more focussed on pure shmup action, despite its colorful look and the huge and detailed insect sprites.

Personally I love both, but I really dislike Galuda's end boss... there you are with your powered-up charge shot, bombs and whatnot but you're not allowed to use all that crap because it gives the boss energy instead of taking it away... wtf?!

Anyway... Count me in for Galuda2! :)

Not necessarily a comment on the games themselves as much a comment on the ports. I think if I had the PCB of Mushihime I would speak differently.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Takumaji said:

Most (all?) Cave shooters are like that though. The final form of the last boss (or "true" last boss) is almost always completely impervious to bombs. You HAVE to use normal shots/laser just to damage it, just so it's a more exciting final battle than being able to bomb away, die, bomb some more, etc.

The last boss in ESPGaluda getting energy back from the barrier attack is a very dirty trick. You can still use your barrier though as a "panic button" and to clear the screen of shots... just make sure to move all the way to the left or right when you release the barrier, and it won't hit the boss and give him back energy. As usual, bombing in the final battle is only helpful if you need some breathing room.