problem i am having with a JAMMA game

wookiewombat

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
so i plugged Crime Fighters into my dedicated 6-slot...got sound and everything works fine, except for the fact being that the 1st player controls dont work and i have to go to the 2nd player to play. and for some reason the D button gives more credits and acts like the start button. any reason for this? thanks

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
Might not be jamma?

The board boots, and gives sound, but the controls are all wrong? Only thing I can think of is that the pinout just isn't jamma...

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
JAMMA+ is JAMMA plus a kick harness or other add-on. SF games are JAMMA+ for example.

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
Crime fighters is Jamma, the plus is for the extra 3-4 players loom.

Crime fighters does not use the start button, it will only assign credits to each player via button 3 from the jamma connector, the punch button should start the game (i think, as its been a decade since i sold my setup) The game just has 1 Punch and 1 kick button per player.

Used to have a 4 player turtles cab, had to connect the loom for all of the 4 player konami boards, but there is a 2 player rom set which will work just fine, maybe you could burn those roms??

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
doe's it have a dip switch that you need to change??

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
MVS' Jamma + uses the extra pin next to the 3rd button on the pinout for the D-Button, whereas Crime Fighters obviously uses it for coins (3+4 player coin)

Jamma+ is a fancy way of saying it uses a JAMMA hookup + whatever extra harnesses the company wanted to add to the board. JAMMA only uses 3 buttons for its standard.

for the D button to work the way you want it, you'll have to wire it to whatever on the board that it's supposed to.

The first player not working doesn't make sense, so you'll have to check the board's pinouts.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Maybe the Player one side of your CP has a faulty ground.

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
VanillaThunder said:
MVS' Jamma + uses the extra pin next to the 3rd button on the pinout for the D-Button, whereas Crime Fighters obviously uses it for coins (3+4 player coin)

Jamma+ is a fancy way of saying it uses a JAMMA hookup + whatever extra harnesses the company wanted to add to the board. JAMMA only uses 3 buttons for its standard.

for the D button to work the way you want it, you'll have to wire it to whatever on the board that it's supposed to.

The first player not working doesn't make sense, so you'll have to check the board's pinouts.

This is not correct. MVS is not JAMMA+. The JAMMA standard can handle up to 4 buttons, but is mainly used with 3 buttons. JAMMA+ is JAMMA plus a harness for any extra buttons that are needed, therefore MVS cannot be JAMMA+ as it uses no harness for the 4th button.

Last edited:

UncaJJ

Mega Shock!!
J0e Musashi said:
...MVS cannot be JAMMA+ as it uses no harness for the 4th button.

Right,

MVS uses a slightly different pinout on the edge connector, that is why it is not considered true JAMMA

Reznor007

Host for Orochi
wookiewombat said:
other JAMMA games work fine though...could just be a shitty board

One of the input IC's could be bad. Try tracing the pins for player 1 to the first IC and replace it.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Reznor007 said:
One of the input IC's could be bad. Try tracing the pins for player 1 to the first IC and replace it.

Yeah I was going to say that... But my broswer messed up.

I'd almost say that that is the case.....

There is a SLIGHT chance that the ground wire for Player 1 is different than for Player 2. And if the ground for P1 goes straight to the harness, then a faulty ground pin on the PCB could cause this problem.

wookiewombat

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
ok, so i got my 4 player TMNT board and its doing the same bloody thing. Ok, so im NEW to the whole cabinet thing so all of these wire talks you guys are saying, i have no clue what you are talking about. so in simple terms what do i have to do to my CP wiring so i can have more than 1 player on a 4 player board.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
wookiewombat said:
ok, so i got my 4 player TMNT board and its doing the same bloody thing. Ok, so im NEW to the whole cabinet thing so all of these wire talks you guys are saying, i have no clue what you are talking about. so in simple terms what do i have to do to my CP wiring so i can have more than 1 player on a 4 player board.

Open up the CP.

Find the Ground wire for each set of controlls. It's the wire (usually black) the connects to ALL of the Buttons.

Connect the one on the 2P to the one on the 1P.

That should fix your problem....

wookiewombat

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
ok, here are some pics of my CP. if you guys could guide me, that would be excellent. thanks

CP001.jpg

CP002.jpg

CP003.jpg

CP004.jpg

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Do any JAMMA PCB's Work besides the 6 Slot?

wookiewombat

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
they work, but the only 2 that i have are 2, 4 player PCBS. when maxlords delivered the cba, he put in Mr. Driller and thats only a 2 player JAMMA and the first player side worked fine. It just seems to be the 4 player PCBs that fuck up for me.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It sounds to me like your Ground wire on your fist controll panel is faulty.

I would expecialy belive this to be so because TMNT and Crime fighters are nearly identicle....

Does the First player Coin Chute work for the TMNT?

wookiewombat

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
nope, only thing i can get to work on those boards are the 2nd player D button to give credits and A and B to do the movements.

1st player doesnt even respond.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
wookiewombat said:
nope, only thing i can get to work on those boards are the 2nd player D button to give credits and A and B to do the movements.

1st player doesnt even respond.

OK,

Button D on second player IS the service 2 button... That's why it's dropping credits.

But just to be clear.... The coin chutes do not work for TMNT/Crimefighters right?

Do they light up?

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Mark,

What are these buttons?
CP004.jpg

Try switching the ground wires on these two buttons if possible. Then report what happens.

wookiewombat

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
scott,
the button on the right is player 2 start button and the middle is the select game button. which ones are the ground wire buttons?