MV1-FZ Video Ram error...need help locating chip!

Escape-To-88

New Challenger
As above!
My own fault, wasnt paying attention and sent a 12v charge down the 5v line :crying:

Now get error reading:-

VIDEO RAM ERROR

ADDRESS WRITE READ
00008000 5555 FF00

Anyone have any idea where the chip is that needs replacing???
Read an old faq saying could be chip with '5184' on it, but searched board and cannot locate chip??
Thanks
Paul

thegreathopper

NAM-75 Vet
20 Year Member
It will be the pair of 24 pin chips with CXK5814 written on them..

But you may have blown other things too..

Escape-To-88

New Challenger
have located the video ram chips! and order more and some sockets! they are the Cyprus CY chips on mine, How do i know if i have blown other chips???
Cheers
Paul

UncaJJ

Mega Shock!!
Escape-To-88 said:
have located the video ram chips! and order more and some sockets! they are the Cyprus CY chips on mine, How do i know if i have blown other chips???
Cheers
Paul

UniverseBIOS might be able to tell? Not sure as I have yet to install my UniverseBIOS on my non-working 4-slot

EddyIori

New Challenger
had any luck???

I am curious because mine have the same prob. I bought it from a guy and had no ways to test it at the time. Maybe this had happened to my board too.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Escape-To-88 said:
Cheers
Paul

If 12 volts was supplied to the 5 volt rail there is a chance other devices have been damaged. Run the board for a few mins and touch the ICs for heat. If any are running hot hot they will also be faulty.