Metal Slug 6 at AM Show?

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Quite a few sources have reported MS6 to be in production, but so far no hard evidence so I will remain sceptical until proven otherwise.

neo>all

Super nO0b
I actually hope this rumor tuns out to be true, although there's alot of harm they could still do to the franchise. Do i smell another set of recycled sprites and repeated level design?

bloodriot

Galford's Armourer
neo>all said:
Do i smell another set of recycled sprites and repeated level design?

Damn tootin it never feel as fresh as MS1/2 felt man that was an awesome feeling playing for the first couple of times :(

expect a rehash I'd bet serious money on it :envy:

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
When a game reaches its 6th stage (metal slug x inc) and sprites are still the same and virtually all moves are the same with very few new moves or weapons and still using 3 buttons plus prisoners still look the same such as metal slug 5 then enough is enough.

I only played it through the once and was bored shitless, even 4 which isnt the best OF titles, i have played quite a few times and been more fun. but it really is the same old shit with a few new locations each time, a bit like kof

bloodriot

Galford's Armourer
Lee Gray said:
a bit like kof

WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO HOLD YOU DOWN AND TAKE A SHIT ON YOU!? :mad:

kof2k2 and kof2k3 are excellent games it's taken me years to tire of them and even then I still need my fix at least once a week :shame: can't say the same for ms4 and ms5 I hit them quite a few times but I wouldn't be in rush to hit them again :crying:

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Lee Gray said:
When a game reaches its 6th stage (metal slug x inc) and sprites are still the same and virtually all moves are the same with very few new moves or weapons and still using 3 buttons plus prisoners still look the same such as metal slug 5 then enough is enough.

I only played it through the once and was bored shitless, even 4 which isnt the best OF titles, i have played quite a few times and been more fun. but it really is the same old shit with a few new locations each time, a bit like kof

completely agreed

time to move on .. with .. dare I say it

NEW

FRANCHISES

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
yes, thats basically another circus

5 button? lol

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
KOF from about '96 has just added like 3 chars or had a dream match....sure the sotry changed and all but i felt that KOF has gotten worse and worse as the years went on....especially when the Original SNk stopped making them...

After playing MS4 and MS5....its the same old shit just different...i mean you can pass one in around 20 mins easy and usually i dont go back to play it again...

MS6 BETTER have something NEW or thats it with me and MS.

neo>all

Super nO0b
lachlan said:
KOF from about '96 has just added like 3 chars or had a dream match....sure the sotry changed and all but i felt that KOF has gotten worse and worse as the years went on....especially when the Original SNk stopped making them...

One route i which snk had taken with kof is to have less characters but more detail. For instance make the sprites really well drawn and over the years add more and more frames of animation so present day kof's would animate just as well if not better than sf3.

bloodriot

Galford's Armourer
kernow said:
yes, thats basically another circus

5 button? lol

so you like to plesure yourself with your sf3ts cab huh? that joy is going to break off in your ass someday :mad: really one extra button? :oh_no:

Lee Gray

bloodriot said:
WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO HOLD YOU DOWN AND TAKE A SHIT ON YOU!? :mad:

kof2k2 and kof2k3 are excellent games it's taken me years to tire of them and even then I still need my fix at least once a week :shame: can't say the same for ms4 and ms5 I hit them quite a few times but I wouldn't be in rush to hit them again :crying:
how can kof 2003 taken you years to tire of it when its not even been out two years yet :)
kof 2000 is a great game,one of my top 5 games.

as for holding me down and taking a shit on me, i would love you to try it , after all doing that would have to be in the real world and not in another kof game hehe

kof 94 and kof 2000 are both great and fun to play endlessly, as for metal slug ... one is enough for me as i cant see much diff in any of therm

bloodriot

Galford's Armourer
Lee Gray said:
how can kof 2003 taken you years to tire of it when its not even been out two years yet :)

well almost but mostly 2k2

kof 2000 is a great game,one of my top 5 games.
It's snk not playmore so foo, foo

as for holding me down and taking a shit on me, i would love you to try it , after all doing that would have to be in the real world and not in another kof game hehe
oh your into that kinda thing eh? :mad: offer withdrawn it was a joke :kekeke:

kof 94 and kof 2000 are both great and fun to play endlessly, as for metal slug ... one is enough for me as i cant see much diff in any of therm

can't play 94 anymore I only play it for bra blasting action and that was years ago... play ms1 and 2 everynow and then months maybe

Lee Gray

bloodriot said:
can't play 94 anymore I only play it for bra blasting action and that was years ago... play ms1 and 2 everynow and then months maybe

i use to play metal slug and i also owned metal slug x 4 and 5, i didnt think 4 is as bad as people said it wwas but as for 5 it was a very boring game to play, only liked the boss animation at the end of the game but couldnt be assed to play through the game again to see it, so i sold it, i never owned 2 or 3 and was going to buy them both as well but after how bordd i got with 5 i dont think i will bother now

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
I played MS1 to death in the arcades, then on the NEO CD. MS2 got a lot of NEO CD play too. Now I own MSX and MS3 on AES cart, and they are both classics. MS4? Played it a few times. MS5? Played it about 10 times in the arcade, but it wasn't so great.

In short, MS6 needs to be fresh. If not, there is no reason to play it over the classics before MS4.

I'm interested to see what they are going to do with this, but they really need to pull something out of the bag. As someone else said, they need to work on some new titles.

bloodriot

Galford's Armourer
actually I liked ms6 much better than 4

mechslug with double jump and stabbing action > you

but it didn't quite grab me as much as demon front did :crying:

Marmac

n00b
Metal Slug 6 for Atomiswave??

Is Metal Slug 6 going to run on the Atomiswave board? Image Metal Slug with cleaner 2d graphics, crazier animation, crazier action and bigger sprites!! I hope it's true that it's in development cause that game will kick ass!!

enomosiki

Hardened Shock Trooper
Marmac said:
Is Metal Slug 6 going to run on the Atomiswave board? Image Metal Slug with cleaner 2d graphics, crazier animation, crazier action and bigger sprites!! I hope it's true that it's in development cause that game will kick ass!!

It sounds very delicious, but the existing probability of SNKP releasing the game unpolished made me lose my appetite.

And seriously, they really need to give the players vehicles to control in boss stages. Take a look at Metal Slug 4 and 5. The only time you get a vehicle during boss fight in MS4 was in level 2. Metal Slug 5 only had level 1 and 2, and that's a maybe.

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
If it looks like Dolphin Blue and Plays like MS then its gonna ROCK!

Btw MS5 owns Demon Front for Free! Sure DF is better than MS4 but man it dose'nt even touch 3 and 5 is much more fun!

To be honest i prefer Dolphin Blue to Demon Front once again its just alot more FUN.

bloodriot

Galford's Armourer
actually I liked ms6 much better than 4

typo? I mean't to say ms5 must have been subconscious?

NeoDragoN said:
If it looks like Dolphin Blue and Plays like MS then its gonna ROCK!
db sox :kekeke:

Btw MS5 owns Demon Front for Free!

put down the crack pipe!? :mad: oh well opinion :oh_no:

To be honest i prefer Dolphin Blue to Demon Front once again its just alot more FUN.

LISTEN FAG IF YOU DON'T post lots of pix (even crappy) and detailed reivews of these games you're sexing soon(KOV SH, IGShomosphere etc etc), I'm going to have to send 10 great big strapping brutes to your house so they can remove your genitals then well'll see :very_ang: :blow_top: :mad: :angry: :multi_co: :kekeke:

how you feel about db

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
bloodriot said:
typo? I mean't to say ms5 must have been subconscious?

db sox :kekeke:

put down the crack pipe!? :mad: oh well opinion :oh_no:

LISTEN FAG IF YOU DON'T post lots of pix (even crappy) and detailed reivews of these games you're sexing soon(KOV SH, IGShomosphere etc etc), I'm going to have to send 10 great big strapping brutes to your house so they can remove your genitals then well'll see :very_ang: :blow_top: :mad: :angry: :multi_co: :kekeke:

how you feel about db

:spock:

When i had Demon Front i went through it about 5 - 6 times and that was it, i just felt i had seen all i could see and there was no drive to play through it again. I loved the PGM system but theres no way i would keep one for DF, if i did keep it for one game it would have been KOV SH. The PGM versions of KOV absoulutly floor the Atomiswave version.

Dolphin Blue just plays great imo, really fast, lots going on and never seems to tire. I must have gone through it at least 5 - 6 times already and i've only had it a month!

Again its down to opinion.

MS5 > Dolphin Blue > Demon Front.