More Max Impact 2 Details... Plus Ben Herman Interview

ferrarimanf355

Bullets QB

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
No u guys got it wrong. The KoF: Orochi Chapter isnt a new 3d game but from what I know its just KoF 95, 96, and 97 sold in one package. There is also one planned for the Nests Saga.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
O. Yashiro said:
No u guys got it wrong. The KoF: Orochi Chapter isnt a new 3d game but from what I know its just KoF 95, 96, and 97 sold in one package. There is also one planned for the Nests Saga.

This is correct. They just decided to give it a cool name. They should all be online too I think...I'm not positive though...

SNK Playmore probably won't be getting any PS3 Dev Kits anytime soon. IIRC there is only 500 out right now and more getting shipped out after like the Tokyo Game Show. And if you think back they announced it a while back so I knew it would hit the PS2 as well. There is also supposed to be a PSP version in the works.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Developing the game for the PS2 is a horrible move. It needs to be built from the ground up using a next-gen engine that'll take full capability of the X-Box 360's power. Now this just means it'll be an upgraded port, which will look like shit compared to the other launch games.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Fygee said:
Developing the game for the PS2 is a horrible move. It needs to be built from the ground up using a next-gen engine that'll take full capability of the X-Box 360's power. Now this just means it'll be an upgraded port, which will look like shit compared to the other launch games.

I wouldn't worry so much about the graphics but more about how it plays

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
For people like you and me, that's true. However, when you're exposing it to the typical X-Box playing crowd, graphics are going to matter big time.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
Fygee said:
For people like you and me, that's true. However, when you're exposing it to the typical X-Box playing crowd, graphics are going to matter big time.

It's not like they really care... This is a smart move so they can get the most people playing the game.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Mark of the Wolves said:
It's not like they really care... This is a smart move so they can get the most people playing the game.

Which may be 100% true but WHY draw a larger crowd to a game that would only play like crap? I mean MI was pretty no doubt but it had to be one of the worst playing games I have ever touched.

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
O. Yashiro said:
Yeah and if that turns out to be nothing but the PSone versions of 95, 96, 97 in a fancy boxset I am going to be pissed.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
neo_X7 said:
Yeah and if that turns out to be nothing but the PSone versions of 95, 96, 97 in a fancy boxset I am going to be pissed.

I thought all of them were gonna get the same treatment that 94 received with Re-Bout.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
O. Yashiro said:
Which may be 100% true but WHY draw a larger crowd to a game that would only play like crap? I mean MI was pretty no doubt but it had to be one of the worst playing games I have ever touched.

Well that would probably be true regaurdless of what platform it's on.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
If the games arent gonna get any form of overhaul or anything special then they had better have a seriously low price tag. Or when they come over here they had better have full LIVE support or something.

Big Shady

Kyukyogenryu Black Belt
15 Year Member
Whoa, whoa, whoa, WAIT!

Did I just see Eiji in those screen shots?!?!

YES I DID :buttrock:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
thesh00ter said:
well it's obvious that Ben Herman is a Microsoft puppet :annoyed:
How does Sony rejecting games make Herman a Microsoft puppet?? Unless that was some kind of Virginia humor or something.

Blake B

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Well, to me, Sony keeps rejectin' most of SNK 2D games, and Microsoft isn't.
Ben Herman is just sorta stickin' with Microsoft because they are most likely to not reject most of SNK games. But hey, I could be wrong on this, though.

Anyway, i'm waitin' for the "orochi chapter" & MI2 to come out......

H

hermegildo

SNKP has never said they'll redraw the sprites for the KOF compilations as far as I know, so don't get your hopes up. I doubt they'll waste the time/resources in updating the sprites for teh p0rts when they could've updated them for XI or any of the upcoming SNKP arcade games. Also, why update the sprites in three different games and release it as a 3-pack when they could just as well sell each game separately with the online play and high rez sprites as marketing tools?

I wouldn't trust 1up on that one.

Last edited: