Guardian Force

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
For a few months I thought it was a shooter akin to Granada in gameplay; got in the mail yesterday, played it last night and had a blast. I've never played a Success shmup, but it feels like one: vibrant colors, not-so-serious gameplay, and a sweet soundtrack (one of the songs is ripped from Pulp Fiction...I was like "Haha, wtf?" when I heard it). The rotating turret mechanic works out pretty well, in most boss cases it forces you to rotate around. There's also a time limit for some mini bosses; the faster you beat the, the more points you earn.

All in all I think this one's sorely underappreciated; I know there's a bunch of people out there who dislike this game, but honestly I had a blast. Bit on the easy side (even on Very Hard), but it's simply enjoyable. The price fluctuation for this game is so fucked up though; I remember this game was going for $15-$20 only a few months ago, look at it on eBay now: up in the $40s and even $50s, I think.

Steve, other Saturn shmup-os...played this yet?

neogeocollector

Zero's Secretary
I never played the STV version but I had the import saturn version a few years back and I though it was a pretty cool little game! :glee:

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
I've owned it for a couple years, haven't played it in a long while. I should break it back out. It's nothing spectacular, but definitely a fun little shooter. A good escape from the usual shooter formula. Like you said, just fun to play through.

Super Yo-Yo rocks. :buttrock: