What has happened to my MVS setup?!

trfmstr

n00b
:help: I had a fully operational Supergun and Neo Geo MVS motherboard setup for about two weeks and all of a sudden something weird has happened. It was put away for a week or so before being re-set up. Now when I try to run games on the motherboard nothing at all happens. There is just a green screen. The same happens when no games are inserted whereas before I would be taken to the 'crosshatch' and menu screens if it was booted up with no game inserted. The only time anything seems to happen is when all dipswitches are turned on. At this point the words 'WORK RAM TEST' (or something similar) appear. What has happened to my lovely MVS?! Please help!!

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
clean the contacts :conf: ...where/how did you storage the mvs mobo(moisture= :oh_no: )

trfmstr

n00b
I have just spent the last few days sourcing some contact cleaner and have cleaned the mobo and game contacts - still there is nothing! I actually kept my set-up on the top of a bookshelf in my study - no chance of moisture damage there. Any more ideas? Who if anyone in the south of England would be able to repair this? Please help! :blow_top:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Make sure the bios is seated correctly in its socket.

Raz

trfmstr

n00b
The BIOS is in it's socket no problem. I don't know what you mean ttooddddyy when you ask me to measure the 5 volt rail. Can you give me a bit of guidance? :conf:

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Measure the 5 volt on the JAMMA edge connector, pins c, d, 3,& 4. Hope this helps