Metal Slug 4/5 Xbox Combo Pack Is Out

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Well my EB didnt get theirs today. Anyone get theirs from EB? Gamestop?

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Nothing came out at my EB shop today, because UPS never delivered there. Somehow, they simply didn't show up today.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'd give the pack an 8 or perhaps even an 8.5.

My love for MS5 is ridiculous. OMG TEH SOUND

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
So which version would you recommend?

GAMEFAN

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
It's all based on preference. Generally, if you have both consoles, you'd just go for the one with more features. If you're interested in online high score competition, then get the Xbox version. If not, either one is game.

Take note, it seems Metal slug 4 music never got a stereo recording, in game form. It sounds as good as ever, but no better than it was on the Neo. Metal Slug 5, however, still has Studio Aqua music but recorded in full stereo. Talk about a tough to rate higher package. I mean, Metal Slug 5 has a kickin' Metal-induced Soundtrack that really does sound great in stereo, but I have absolutely fallen in love with the musical arrangements in 4, even if they aren't in stereo. I mean, MS4 is pure Studio Aqua work in a vein that's just recognizable to those getting Studio Aqua soundtracks. It just sounds like the guys behind the masterful ROTD and Matrimelee soundtracks got their hands on Metal Slug. In MS5, there's more of a heavy metal sound to it(with the addition of more clever sound-effects thrown into the BGM), which is good, but a little further away from the typical Studio Aqua sound. I'll have to admit, MS5 sounds more like a typical Metal Slug, in comparison, and there's more songs given the soundtrack changes mid-level. MS4, however, is truly the big musical departure.

BTW, the Gamestops got it, but EB is a day later than Gamestop, at getting the game.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
That 7.5 is a really kind rating as far as im concerned. MS5 climaxed terribly.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Looks like Ill be adding yet another port to my collection....WHY MUST I WHORE MYSELF OUT TO SNK SO!!!!

msu89dawgs

Hardened Shock Trooper
O. Yashiro said:
Looks like Ill be adding yet another port to my collection....WHY MUST I WHORE MYSELF OUT TO SNK SO!!!!

Now if Noise Factory would just release a Matrimelee/Rage of the Dragons twin pack for PS2 and/or XBox...

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Damn not one EB or Gamestop has gotten this game in as of today. Their website shows it in stock but not at any stores in my area. Blargh.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Magnaflux said:
I feel dirty playing slug 4/5 on PS2.

It's not right.

You're right. It's not even the same.

EDIT: But it's a whole lot fuckin' cheaper.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
ki_atsushi said:
You're right. It's not even the same.

EDIT: But it's a whole lot fuckin' cheaper.

Actually it's pretty spot on. I got it hooked up with component cables and it looks and plays amazing. I couldn't have asked for better. Thanks again SNK.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Finally got mine yesterday. Awesome. You know MS4 may be the worst in the series but it is still a fun game. I love the motorcycle chase. MS5 is just awesome. Killer tunes and fun levels.

Man did you see all the SNK ads in the booklet.

Samurai V

Neo KOF

KOF 94 Re-Bout

Kof 02/03

Lots of goodness coming.

Kof 02/03 is scheduled to hit the 24th of August.

I will be playing that on LIVE for sure.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Chunky Lover 53 said:
Yes the Xbox version does progressive scan. MS4&5 look great in 480p :buttrock:

Yes it does.

I noticed something though.

On Metal Slug 4 the left side has some black border but 5 does not(just like 3 on Box)

I wonder why they do that. Strange.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
msu89dawgs said:
Now if Noise Factory would just release a Matrimelee/Rage of the Dragons twin pack for PS2 and/or XBox...

SHIT!!!! Id be all over that. And if they had LIVE support.... :blow_top: that about explains what I would do.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
O. Yashiro said:
SHIT!!!! Id be all over that. And if they had LIVE support.... :blow_top: that about explains what I would do.

Pretty much any neo combo pack I'd be all over. They should try a non kof/metal slug pack. Maybe some of the early games. I can't beleive I havn't got Last Blade 2 for dreamcast yet. :loco: