Doujin Shooter/Fighting/Run 'n Gun Hybrid

Blaine

Hinako's Cook
A very cool combination.

Metal Gun III

It plays mostly like a button jamming run 'n gun game, in the spirit of Metal Slug and Alien Hominid. The demo version has two characters you can choose, but it looks like the full version has quite a few.

You have a good amount of buttons- Jump, Reload, Weak Shot, Strong Shot, Grenade... Probably should pick up an USB controller if you don't have one (this and Super Cosplay War Ultra make the purchase worth while).

mg3_title.GIF

The graphics are very well put together. Lots of animation, smooth and fluid. The characters have some personality. Lots of gunfire audio so it doesn't get too repetative.

ss_mg3_02.jpg

ss_mg3_06.jpg

So far, I'm enjoying it. Not sure how long the gimmick would hold out, maybe 2 player would be good - maybe not. But it's certainly worth a download just to try it out.

Official Website

Quick Link To Download

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
I just downloaded and tried it, it's very cool. The 2D is amazing with fast and fluid animation and some wicked 3D effects. You can only try 2 characters in the demo though. I need to get the page translated because I'm curious about the full version. It shows a lot of promise as a 2-player experience.

Metal Fatigue

Robert Garcia's Butler
Thats weird you posted this, I was just about to. Insert Credit had a post about a new game by the same maker and thats how I came across Metal Gun 3. I think its amazing, the detail is unreal.

Formation Z

Amusaka's Lacky
To all the people who threw otaku/Japanophile epithets at me for liking the incredible underground doujin games the Japanese makes to keep 2-D alive, I'd like to say.......

UP YOURS YA DUMB FUCKS!!! :buttrock:

This has been a great week for gaming. First I find a Guwange clone now this.

EDIT: If anyone gets REALLY stuck in finding the link, use

www.worldlingo.com

Last edited:

Formation Z

Amusaka's Lacky
OK I played for a bit and quit. Now I'm experiencing technical difficulty

When I click the MG3 icon, the window pops up and then immediately disappears. And I drag the .dll file into the MG3 icon and it flashes a "Error Program Needs To Close"

Formation Z

Amusaka's Lacky
Yeah the Guwange clone is Perfect Cherry Blossom.

Actually it's not just Guwange, it uses elements of Cave's games in general.