Cave just keeps going: ESPGaluda 2 is official!

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Wow, cave is really active nowadays. Ibara II is also about to be revealed.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
This is great news. It's really nice to see hardcore shooters like these. I'm still not over how good Mushihimesama is.

ST-V

Nice, was playing ESPRade & Galuda last night, one of my favorite Cave series. I wonder if they are going to change the gameplay system for Galuda II, or make it a juiced up Galuda.

Hope to see some screens/video soon. :)

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
Wow, that's awesome news. I've got ESPGaluda on the way from Play-Asia right now, and if it rocks as much as everyone tells me, this will just be more great shit headed our way.

Cave really is the last of the 2D Jedi. Playmore ain't shit compared to them.
They could take a lesson or two from a company that really works hard to please their fans.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Loopz said:
Cave really is the last of the 2D Jedi. Playmore ain't shit compared to them.
They could take a lesson or two from a company that really works hard to please their fans.

Not really. Most of CAVE's releases are starting to get old. They all have the
same engine, just different characters, story, and a tweak here and there in
gameplay. They're just famous right now, because a lot of people just started
the 'shmups mania' right now, and didn't know anything about them until
a few weeks. Ketsui & Pro-Gear are the top CAVE games IMO, and the DonPachi
games too. ESPRADE, ESPGaluda, Mushi, all have something in common, at
least IMO. Ibara, I hear is more of a 8ing feel because of obvious reasons.

Last edited:

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
xtoo_short20x said:

I'm just glad there is a company making good 2-D of any kind. A lot of people are complaining about them releasing too much or it's getting old, but I just don't even see where folks are coming from. This, to me at least, is a great thing to see. This is the third game in the ESP series in 7 years. So three games in 7 years doesn't seem to be a raping of the franchise. Cave does great shooters. I know some folks may be in a 'shumps mania' but that doesn't make a game any better or worse for it. I've been playing Cave games since the first Donpachi, so this isn't just a bandwagon for me. I would rather have too much then too little. Imagine if Cave wasn't around, the sotry would be a little different then. Be thankful we have a company like Cave bringing us out stellar titles that keep building on a great legacy. Someday we might not have this.

SNKJorge

Of course I'm thankful for all CAVE has done, but at this point, they're
starting to milk the formula, and it is getting old. They are overrated.

Jedah Doma said:
I'm just glad there is a company making good 2-D of any kind. A lot of people are complaining about them releasing too much or it's getting old, but I just don't even see where folks are coming from. This, to me at least, is a great thing to see. This is the third game in the ESP series in 7 years. So three games in 7 years doesn't seem to be a raping of the franchise. Cave does great shooters. I know some folks may be in a 'shumps mania' but that doesn't make a game any better or worse for it. I've been playing Cave games since the first Donpachi, so this isn't just a bandwagon for me. I would rather have too much then too little. Imagine if Cave wasn't around, the sotry would be a little different then. Be thankful we have a company like Cave bringing us out stellar titles that keep building on a great legacy. Someday we might not have this.

Saturn2dfreak

Mickey's Coach
ill be more satisfied with Guwange 2..or Ketsui..but Galuda 2? Blah..out of all the cave originals..they had to choose the worst one....

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
xtoo_short20x said:
Of course I'm thankful for all CAVE has done, but at this point, they're
starting to milk the formula, and it is getting old. They are overrated.

I guess it's just a difference of opinions. You say overrated, I say underrated. I don't have friends who play games that even have a grasp of what Gradius is. So if you have many friends who are well versed in all that is Cave, then feel blessed. I mean we've got the Megaman series that has been milked. We got a million sequels to one game. As I said before, 3 games in 7 years isn't milking it. That's basically a game every two years. This is Cave at thier finest, making some of the best shooters that we get to play. This isn't just another Meagman game, it's a well done and polished game that we don't see many of these days. I say be thankful that you get shooters like this. What you call milking I call keeping a very good thing going.

I say "tamaytoe" you say "tamada"

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
xtoo_short20x said:

In another time, I'd buy your argument.
In this day and age though, with the likes of super-rehash queens Playmore milking SNK's legacy for all it's worth, and Capcom pushing out turds like CFJ/CFE, I think Cave deserves the crown. Cave may stick to a formula, but they make the finest damn shooters on Earth now, and every one of their shooters has something different and unique, and every game they make is fun and well crafted. Capcom and SNK brought out title after title in the exact same genre in the 90s, but they deserved respect because they were giving fans what they want and the games showed some genuine effort.

KoF-SamSho-RealBout-FF
SF-SFZ-Vampire-SFIII
ESPG-Mushi-Ibara

Same school of thought, different genre. Hell, I'd argue now that what Cave does is that much more precious, since damn near no one makes 2D games at all anymore.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Loopz said:
In another time, I'd buy your argument.
In this day and age though, with the likes of super-rehash queens Playmore milking SNK's legacy for all it's worth, and Capcom pushing out turds like CFJ/CFE, I think Cave deserves the crown. Cave may stick to a formula, but they make the finest damn shooters on Earth now, and every one of their shooters has something different and unique, and every game they make is fun and well crafted. Capcom and SNK brought out title after title in the exact same genre in the 90s, but they deserved respect because they were giving fans what they want and the games showed some genuine effort.

KoF-SamSho-RealBout-FF
SF-SFZ-Vampire-SFIII
ESPG-Mushi-Ibara

Same school of thought, different genre. Hell, I'd argue now that what Cave does is that much more precious, since damn near no one makes 2D games at all anymore.

I've been saying something similar to this for quite some time now.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
too_short's just saying what he's saying to be different. Cave's making a new game, and it's not a mobile phone game or another puzzler.

Just be happy they're still in business so they can give us the good shit time and time again.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Like many fans (I'm not one though), everybody was waiting for a sequel to ESP RaDe better than GaLuDa. I find this choice rather surprising. Anyway, Even if I can't disagree with too short, I just look at the quality title we've been given since 10 years by cave and I'm simply happy.

SNKJorge

Tristesse said:
Anyway, Even if I can't disagree with too short, I just look at the quality title we've been given since 10 years by cave and I'm simply happy.

Of course CAVE has produce some of the better titles out there. Look at
Pro-Gear or Ketsui, masterpieces both, can't go wrong with either one, maybe
it is just the way the ESP series are, the whole fantasy thing doesn't cut it for me,
and all the games in those series, ESPRade, Galuda, Mushi, all look and feel
the same with different characters etc..

ord1000

Crazed MVS Addict
To say that ESP.Ra.De, Espgaluda and Mushihimesamma are the same is simply laughable. All three have unique different settings. ESP.Ra.De in future Tokyo, Espgaluda with its medievil Steampunk theme and Mushihimesamma with it's organic forrests. So it's not like they rehash their graphics like what Capcom did and SNK Playmore still do.
All three games have a unique score mechanic, with Espgaluda's being especially deep and rewarding. In fact (Dodonpachi series aside) the only bloody thing Cave games have in common is that they are shooters and your Guarenteed Lots of pink bullets.
Cave is to be congratualted for not only keeping this genre alive, but for creating beautiful, deep and hugely enjoyable games.

SNKJorge

J0e Musashi said:
More boring Cave talk. What exactly is the obsession?

I don't get it either. I have almost all of their games now and don't see why
the obsession. I mean they're top games, but now it's more of the same.
And I didn't mean to get Mushi on the ESP series, I meant it as a stand alone.
I don't care either way, CAVE is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overrated, no matter
what you blind fanboys say.

SNKJorge

super-saiya-jin said:
Nice to see another shmup comming are way

What the fuck are you smoking? :spock:

Kids like Christian faggot always like to get attention, and that's one of
his ways.