KOF XI: Official site opend

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
Like the website they've put up. Hoping to see some interesting extras over the next few weeks.

I just laughed happily when I read that Oswald's nationality was Irish. Can't wait for Ozzy to rock the house! (what a JOKER! (awful pun disease strikes!))

krakov

Armored Scrum Object
Too bad the ingame art looks pure ass, but i wasn't expecting anything else.
Backgrounds look really nice, especially the jungle/temple one.

Frankfurt

Cheng's Errand Boy
krakov said:
Too bad the ingame art looks pure ass

Nobody complained about the 2003 in-game art. On the contrary, actually. And it´s the exact same artist in the exact same style. Except now it doesn´t look pixelated to hell.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
krakov said:
Too bad the ingame art looks pure ass, but i wasn't expecting anything else.
Backgrounds look really nice, especially the jungle/temple one.

The ingame art looks awesome to me. Some characters faces do look weird though. Possibly because of the bland background you can see.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
??? am I missing something. I can't get into that damn KOF site.

SoloFenris

Sakura's Bank Manager
I think the best thing about KisaragiXI is going to be the Eiji style gameplay. Plus that ninja guy is going to be in it. What was his name again?

Jeff

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Frankfurt said:
Nobody complained about the 2003 in-game art. On the contrary, actually. And it´s the exact same artist in the exact same style. Except now it doesn´t look pixelated to hell.

I love the clarity of the selection screen, but don't care much for the art stile. same with 2k3. plus I have to admit that the blur effect on the graphics - atleast from the images - is horrid.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
yippie...now everybody can stop complaining about Eiji and everybody finally gets what they wish for...Duck. Watch Eiji use his 95 sprite...concidering thats the ONLY KOF he's been in. Bah, I couldnt care less about the damn ninja. Game looks good though. After really getting into NeoWave, this has me wondering and hopefull for a good game.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
The backgrounds (yeah I know, who cares about backgrounds. Well, I do) look way better to me than Neowave's so far. And with Vanessa, Ramon, and Kasumi in the roster, there is a better than average chance I'll like the game.

As for the character select, I thought it looked like shit, too. Yeah, it may be the same artist, just not pixelated to hell, but being pixelated before may have helped hide weakness in the art. Just an opinion.

Korigama

Ghost of Captain Kidd
My main complaint about the character select screen is that it looks bland, still reserving judgement regarding the art for it. That, plus too many circles for my liking...

Capt. Takehiko

Crossed Swords Squire
Korigama said:
My main complaint about the character select screen is that it looks bland, still reserving judgement regarding the art for it. That, plus too many circles for my liking...

I feel that as well. The only thing missing for me is May Lee but you can't have everything. The FF team looks to be a selection to not be edited.

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I'm really liking the interface, looks really good. hopefully it's balanced. I always though 2k3 would have been one of the best if it wasn't for balance

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Mark of the Wolves said:
I love how everything is so clean.
AKA "bland". But I guess it's taste. Too much dead space for me. It may look more interesting in motion, like if the words "Player One Please Select" move in a circle around the large portrait. But something about how the circles are arranged, I find visually annoying.

roninbuddha

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
i almost wet my pants seeing the flash intro...

oh ash...

btw, is it just me or does the game (based on the screens), look like a well made DOUJIN game (melty Blood, EFZ, etc..), prolly cuz of its cleaness

Last edited:

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
In terms of looks, I think it's shaping up quite nice.

The BG's look nice and sharp from what I can see.

I also actually like the art and the selection screen.

It seems a bit... minimalistic? But in a good clean-cut sort of way.

Really digging the roster too.

A few of my favorites are gone (Andy and Robert are two that I've taking a great liking to as of late), but the new characters are looking promising and seeing Duck King and Eiji in there fills me with great joy.

Damn shame that I more than likely won't get to play this anytime soon, and when I do, it's just going to be me and the CPU.

Oh well, I'm used to that by now.

Looking forward to hopefully seeing some gameplay footage soon.

Last edited:

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
Everytime I see something from this game the first word that comes to my mind is "slick". I just love how duck king is in this..it's gonna be great!

Herman L.E.

Kabuki Klasher
The selection screen is dull and uninspired to say the least, the in-game art gets the job done. As for the game itself I know I'm gonna enjoy it, there's no denying that.

I think the character art is fantastic, a definite step up from 2k3.

neogeocollector

Zero's Secretary
Wow I think its going to be a great game! I just finished installing a Neowave in my cabby and now I have this, NGBC and SST to look forward to? Life is good for Atomiswave owners :buttrock:

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
33 characters is still a "little" roster... A couple of the previous KoFs have had more than that... It's a shame how SNKP seems to barely dare go beyond 40 characters (ports excluded). You could argue that's to keep a good balance and all, but KoF 2003 proves otherwise...
Look at the last SS game, it has more characters than KoF games now... While back in the days, KoF games had like twice bigger rosters than SS ones...
I think it's either time to go beyond the virtual limit of 40 characters, or remake sprites in high res and just have like 21 or 24 characters for now, then more in the sequels. (like that'd ever happen)

Anyway, Duck King is without any doubt the highlight of this game for me.

neogeocollector said:
Wow I think its going to be a great game! I just finished installing a Neowave in my cabby and now I have this, NGBC and SST to look forward to? Life is good for Atomiswave owners :buttrock:
Yeah, however according to the rumors that's all you'll get from SNKP, KoF XI being supposedly the "last AW game"... We'll see if that turns out to be true or not.

Last edited:

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
SouthtownKid said:
AKA "bland". But I guess it's taste. Too much dead space for me. It may look more interesting in motion, like if the words "Player One Please Select" move in a circle around the large portrait. But something about how the circles are arranged, I find visually annoying.

It's fine when you consider that all the others simply had a lot of boxes for characters that took up the entire screen besides character potraits when highlighted. It feels more old school to me.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
the chara select screen looks fuckin hidious. the art is the worst ever, 94 art even looked better. bg's look dull too. i hope the play is great like in 01 cause graphically it looks as bad as 01 and 02. only a few kof's had good chara art, 96, 98, 99, 2k. but this is seriously getting out of controll, they should hire a few good men for the art, heck id even do it for half the salary they pay this artist and make it twice as good.