Replacement MVS cartridge shells

Efini

n00b
Hello,

I am wondering if there are any sources selling replacement MVS cartridge shells. Basically in a careless accident, I knocked my Metal Slug 2 cart off a high shelf and now it has a crack. The game still works fine and I have a piece of electric tape covering the crack. So I figure, if I could, to replace the cartridge shell completely and print my own label since the original label is missing the top and bottom parts lol.

I did notice that a few games I purchased off the well known Yaton have unusual looking cartridge shells. The boards are legit but the cartridges appear to be third party. For example, the black shell is a matte finish. So, it appears that some source is making third party mvs cartridge shells.

Lastly, yes, I did already think about just buying a cheap MVS game and taking its cartridge shell but I figure I may as well try and find a source for new shells and consider an overhaul for most of my "Gamer's Condition" MVS games.

Any information would be greatly appreciated

-Efini

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
I don't know where to buy a replacement MVS carts, but if you need just 1, I have a spare one I could sell. I know that t_smallz used to sell empty black case for around $10 or so. Since you live in San Jose, it would make it easier, since I work in San Jose. So drop me a PM and we could work something out.

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Send the Butcher, Kpj a PM. He's bound to have many MVS cases lying about.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I have two empty MVS shells, both black. Both have the gold warinig sticker on it in Japanese. If your interested, PM me.

Last edited:

Efini

n00b
Thanks for all the replies everyone, I just picked up a another cartridge shell. Its barely scratched and a lot more cosmetically pleasing. Now to remove the beat up MVS label off my Metal Slug cart lol.