where to get a candy cab?

ravenmgs

Armored Scrum Object
I’m wanting to by a candy cab, but I’m not really sure where the best place to get one would be. The shipping is going to be horrendous so I’m wondering if anyone knows any places in the US that is could buy one, and possibly even Texas. I’d appreciate any help in locating a good place to pick up one of these cabs 8)

DarkHuman

Geese's Thug
dude, i just saw this candy cab on ebay (don't rember if it had a screen / mobo or not) but it said pick up (it's in california, but they also had a cab in utah). most are pick up only, so just keep checking until you get one close enough to pick up in a truck. I'm going to get a candy soon too (i got a 4 slot now)

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
ravenmgs said:
I’m wanting to by a candy cab, but I’m not really sure where the best place to get one would be. The shipping is going to be horrendous so I’m wondering if anyone knows any places in the US that is could buy one, and possibly even Texas. I’d appreciate any help in locating a good place to pick up one of these cabs 8)
:blow_top: They are impossible to get on the east coast big reds are more plentiful there, but being in Texas you may have a better chance.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
neo_X7 said:
:blow_top: They are impossible to get on the east coast big reds are more plentiful there, but being in Texas you may have a better chance.

Florida too.. well I did have a chance at a Candy a few years ago, but I missed out on it then and I've been kicking myself ever since.

chrishicks

Quiz Detective
if I ever saw one in MI. and I had the $ at that moment I would jump on it in a heartbeat. I wouldn't even think twice.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
stuffmonger said:
August 13,
DALLAS, TX. AREA
MESQUITE RODEO CENTRE
1818 RODEO DRIVE, MESQUITE, TX.
PREVIEW 8-10AM, AUCTION STARTS AT 10:15A

I'd check out the superauction... you may get lucky.
http://www.superauctions.com/index.html

That's where I would start is I were you. Also, I always thought there was a big cab dealer on ebay that was in texas......

I would recommend staying away from AI

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
stuffmonger said:
August 13,
DALLAS, TX. AREA
MESQUITE RODEO CENTRE
1818 RODEO DRIVE, MESQUITE, TX.
PREVIEW 8-10AM, AUCTION STARTS AT 10:15A

I'd check out the superauction... you may get lucky.
http://www.superauctions.com/index.html

I've gone to those for a couple years now [the Mesquite/Dallas Super Auctions], and have seen maybe 2 or 3 candy cabs the entire time. Its hit or miss, so you never know. I'm actually missing this auction, so of course that's when all the sweet stuff will be there.

meanbean

Armored Scrum Object
I was in attendance at that auction over the weekend. They had about 4 big reds varrying from 1-4 slots, a converted SFII cab into a 1-slot and one 2-slot golden boy with the 19" monitor. The golden boy went for only $85 while the others went from $110-$390. They had one Atomiswave with Demolishfist that went for $410. The auction was fun but had a ghetto feel to it since space is very tight causing people to be crammed together. FYI, the next one is Oct. 15 which I will probably be attending.