KOF Neowave US Xbox 02/2006

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
You know what that actually means, right?

It'll come out on the 12th of Never, 300X.

Seriously though, I played KoF NeoWave at Fraijo's Mansion, you ain't missing much.
It just seems like one more mutated DC KoF port, except this one sports lame tunes
and some of the worst artwork (at least on the men) ever.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
Neo Wave is alright. Nothing really special about it though. Its basically an upgrade of kof2002. More characters and different backgrounds. The music is a mix of bland jazz but there are some cool tunes in it. The remixed temple music is very cool.
I would say the only thing I dont really like about it is that they didnt add anything new. And that there are no win quotes after matches.
I would get it for the xbox if its got the right price.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Having to wait until Feb of 2006 (or Neveruary the 32cd) seems rather foolish especially seeing as how anyone with a PS2 can import it along with a swap disk for roughly about $75. I personally didnt wait an imported it already, although i will agree the soundtrack is rather lacking as far as SNK games go.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
Just add 4-5 months to that date and that's when Neowave is going to come out. SNK is almost as bad as Working Designs is when it comes to giving out release dates. :)

Mr.Nemoperson said:
Neo Wave is alright. Nothing really special about it though. Its basically an upgrade of kof2002. More characters and different backgrounds. The music is a mix of bland jazz but there are some cool tunes in it. The remixed temple music is very cool.

Yeah, the game is just 2002 with added features, although some of the added game play stuff like the Just Defends really can change the way the game is played IMO.

I would say the only thing I dont really like about it is that they didnt add anything new. And that there are no win quotes after matches.
I would get it for the xbox if its got the right price.

Well, compared to the arcade version, they did add in five more playable characters, so at least we got something.

O. Yashiro said:
Having to wait until Feb of 2006 (or Neveruary the 32cd) seems rather foolish especially seeing as how anyone with a PS2 can import it along with a swap disk for roughly about $75.

I'm not the type that's going to wait myself, but I don't see what's so foolish about wanting to wait for a game that is an upgrade to 2002 and save $30-$40 or so. Plus the Xbox version will online play, which is a big plus. You'd have to be living in Japan to play the game online, plus pay for the KDDI service fees.

I personally didnt wait an imported it already, although i will agree the soundtrack is rather lacking as far as SNK games go.

IMO the soundtrack is much better than what we got in KOF 2001-2003. There are some nice tunes in the arranged KOF 2003 PS2 music, but I still think Neowave sounds better. Ever since SNK became SNK Playmore, the music quality in all their games has definitely gone downhill.

YO-YO-Boy

Benimaru's Hairdresser
ha! i should be pissed ,but after reading this i cant help from laughing! i only have a xbox mo ps2.

ahhh good old snk! =)

when does the japan xbox nw come out?

btw-NW OST owns you! lets party! :D

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
YO-YO-Boy said:
when does the japan xbox nw come out?

There's no release date yet that I know of. Keep in mind that The King of Fighters 2003 also has yet to be released for Xbox; I think 2003 comes out at the end of this month.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
As far as i am concerned playmore are a below par company, they brought out games that did not amount to much in the final months of the neo geo, which lost its way,

When they could have taken time and effort on this type of game and realeased it on the mvs and still had strong support,

i mean a game like this could have been awesome and a great seller but alas they stick to their old routines,

even the streetfighter games on the playstation had better graphics than playmores last few releases

Frankfurt

Cheng's Errand Boy
Lee Gray said:
When they could have taken time and effort on this type of game and realeased it on the mvs just to see their money taken by piracy and online rom whores

Fixed.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Frankfurt said:

If thats the case they might as well have never made any games at all, :P

after all they aint exctatly made too much profit out of this game

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
Lyte Edge said:
Well, compared to the arcade version, they did add in five more playable characters, so at least we got something.
What are the New characters? I have the code for the Atomiswave version for mine and can play as Geese, Ramon, Venessa, Kim, Orochi Yashiro, Orochi Chris and Orochi Shermie.

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
lill-c said:
What are the New characters? I have the code for the Atomiswave version for mine and can play as Geese, Ramon, Venessa, Kim, Orochi Yashiro, Orochi Chris and Orochi Shermie.

Angel, Omega Rugal, Seth, may lee, and Kusanagi