new fighting game magazine from Arcadia publishers!

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
its called "闘劇魂" which loosely translates as "battle spirit".

the info page here doesnt specify how often it will come out but it does say that in the first edition due on the 9th of september it will come with a 3 hour dvd featuring footage from sbo 05 and key moments of famous players. the first edition will have info on tekken 5.1, the new samsho, battle coliseum and melty blood.

the magazine will be chock full of strats, the secrets of the top players, interviews and the like.

1400 yen or so including tax in japan and not sure of how many pages.

sounds like its worth checking out :)

neo>all

Super nO0b
Thanks for the tip i'll be sure to pick one up if i see it.

闘劇魂闘劇魂闘劇魂!!!! :multi_co:

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
i would like it if i could get a subscription of some kind. But thats impossible. :(

Fist Of Legend

Kula's Candy

Enterbrain mook Arcadia extra vol.24 "Battle Spirit". Advertisement found in the latest Arcadia. ;)

Unfortunately, this is just a mook and not a new fighting game based magazine.

Last edited:

Frankfurt

Cheng's Errand Boy
The DVD will only have footage of SBO stuff? No trailers or matches from the newer games (Tekken 5.1, NGBC and so on)?

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I'd love to read this, but I don't understand t3h J@pan3s3. :crying:

Most (if not all) of the reviewers of US video game mags couldn't give two shits about fighting games. Aside from the occasional 3-d whorefest (e.g. Tekken 5), they basically pretend that they don't exist.

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
Frankfurt said:
The DVD will only have footage of SBO stuff? No trailers or matches from the newer games (Tekken 5.1, NGBC and so on)?

what do you mean ? and also what link can I go 2 who is selling this

magazines dedicated to arcade games and a 3 hour dvd,amazing. when I finally get the japanese in my head I'm gonna buy stuff like that from japan.

It sucks we don't have arcade magazines here, maybe because very few people go to the arcades now. The arcade scene is not as strong as it used to be.

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
If it's as good as NEO GEO FREAK Magazine or SATURN FAN, my question is who will import the magazine by subscription here in the states? Or do I have to bug Susan at NCS like I used to back in the day?

GK

Fist Of Legend

Kula's Candy
From the description of the dvd on the picture i've posted, seems like it's all about Tougeki '05 (Documentary about Tougeki, Nuki interview and other stuff... but it's hard to translate it all).

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
That mag sounds fucking rad! If anyone can get copies, let us know!

Frankfurt

Cheng's Errand Boy
The Legendary LoneWolf said:
WHERE CAN I GET THIS, can someone please tell me, link wise

www.play-asia.com should have it. Or you can just write down the ISBN (see the link on the first post) and ask your local (or favorite online - like otaku.com, akadotretail.com) import magazine store to get it.

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
Frankfurt said:
www.play-asia.com should have it. Or you can just write down the ISBN (see the link on the first post) and ask your local (or favorite online - like otaku.com, akadotretail.com) import magazine store to get it.

what would i type battle spirit or arcadia sep 05

Frankfurt

Cheng's Errand Boy
what would i type battle spirit or arcadia sep 05

If it´s an online store, just send them an e-mail asking 'hey, can you get this japanese book". Put the link in the first post of this thread (or just the ISBN: 4-7577-2415-2) in the e-mail and that´s it. That´s enough to order a book or magazine, as long as the store is able to import stuff from Japan.

If it´s not an online store, just write down the ISBN and go visit the store and ask them the same thing. Give them the ISBN and that´s it.

Frankfurt

Cheng's Errand Boy
well once someone knows where 2 buy it I want to know, link wise

Lazy fucking bastard. Don´t know why i even bothered replying to you.