KoF Anime announced!

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
awesome, i wondr if it will be an OVA series, or a TV series, im guessing a dvd release/pay per view OVA in japan.....

could be cool if done right.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
02s.jpg

NEWS FLASH: Kyo and Chang fuse to become one.

honeyman

Morden's Lackey
First of all, AAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Okay, no with that victory call out of the way I just hope to God that they do this justice. I don't want sloppy 2-frame budget crap. I want this to be amazing for such a great series but I guess we'll have to wait and see what they release.

P.S. Look on Playmore's Neo Freak section on their site. In the announcement for the anime it has the design sletches for Kyo and I must say, looking good and promising :glee:

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
I have been waiting for this so long it ain't even funny, about freaking time.

With Production IG being involved I know that visually it will be excellent, hopefully it won't be just a visual feast but a great overall anime.

I'm hoping for a movie, not a series/OAV.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Kyo's design looks nice, but I'm still dubious about it because:

A. Outside of Fatal Fury: TMP, SNKP's had really bad luck with anime features based off of their games.

B. This could create huge plot holes.

Gaelsano

Armored Scrum Object
Fygee said:

This is why the Japanese invented the word "gaiden."

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
I hope it's an OVA series. TV series tend to be mild in the action and blood department.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
well the design looks nice, what other anime has the production company been involved in?

neo>all

Super nO0b
Sounds cool but i have my doubts. Not all snk animes have been exactly stellar. I still think they should make a live action movie out of one of their games. Probably either art of fighting or fatal fury since they're plots seem directly ripped from martial arts movies.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Fygee said:

A. Outside of Fatal Fury: TMP, SNKP's had really bad luck with anime features based off of their games.
Cracks me up that you list that as an exception.

Fygee said:
They could have this KOF thing star a kung fu fighting Elvis Presley, and reveal that Ash is Geese's older sister, and they still would not be able to create plot holes as large as already exist in KOF. Don't worry about it.

From what little we see and hear so far, this seems promising.

E=MC2

well personally i always wanted to see a good SS or KOF anime or movie/ova whatever. i dont know anything about the story but if they leave it like it is it should be great. the reason FFtmp was just OK and not good or great is cause they fucked up the story in a horrible way and introduced some gay ass fighters, when they should have used the FF3 charas. the art and clothes design looks really well, something like the old snk made. i sure hope its quility, and hope to see yama in some action. i just hope they wont turn it into those bullshit chinese comic stories about almighty kyo and iori battling while the rest like terry and ryo run and scream like maidens in distress. terry needs to whoop kyo's or iori;s ass :glee:

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Hentai Sama said:
Falcoon is fat...

I think I'm the only one here who likes falcoon despite of this

Oh yeah, the anime will likely be garbage

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Wow....always knew this was going to happen sooner or later, because the franchise is just too good not to have an anime.

I mean come on, KOF has the coolest characters in any fighter ever, and if any game series deserves an anime, its KOF or Final Fantasy even tho I have no interest whatsoever in the latter.

My only gripe is that characters like Kyo, Iori, K, Alba, Athena and others affiliated with the hero teams will be stupidly strong and characters that are actually stronger than the heroes like Terry, Ryo, Takuma, etc will be punching bags for the heroes and will be on a super shit level.

It will definately be a pain to watch for fans that like the normal, non hero characters, and will resemble the bullshit that happens in the KOF manhuas/comics.

Still, if the whole series has just one or two episodes with a defining Terry vs Ryo fight, then I will be very happy.

Fans who have been following KOF and SNK since the begining really want to see an all out battle in the form of anime between SNK's and Southtown's strongest. And this was the original theme and backdrop of KOF in the first place, that of Fatal Fury vs Art of Fighting.

IMO, Terry vs Ryo is a much better rivalry than Kyo vs Iori.

Still, this has been a long time coming, and it's about time too.

E=MC2

but terry and ryo arent even rivals to begin with, while iori and kyo obviously are. terry vs geese or yamazaki would be a nice fight to watch. K vs kyo will also be too cool, who will rule the flames, the OG or the clone.

Frankfurt

Cheng's Errand Boy
The Legendary LoneWolf said:
PLEASE GOD let the Fatal Fury team and AOF team have a important part in KOF

No. Not only they already have their anime, they have no point in the KOF games. KOF already has their leading characters. Don´t fuck it up with characters that mean nothing to the storyline.

Violent Ryo said:
My only gripe is that characters like Kyo, Iori, K, Alba, Athena and others affiliated with the hero teams will be stupidly strong and characters that are actually stronger than the heroes like Terry, Ryo, Takuma, etc will be punching bags for the heroes and will be on a super shit level.

Man, keep the blind fanboy-ism in check. I would like to know in which alternate reality you live where Terry and Ryo are stronger than Kyo and Iori.

Oh, i know! You think they´re stronger because you like them better and... and... because they´re older!

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
MUSOLINI said:
but terry and ryo arent even rivals to begin with

Um ok, I wonder why they are always shown facing each other and as rivals then.

See intros for KOF 94, 95, 11, NGBC, and of course KOF 99 for Dreamcast.

Also see numerous Terry and Ryo win quotes through out the several KOFs after beating each other.

Terry and Ryo don't have a thousand year old family fued but they are definately rivals (friendly).

Last but not least:

6499841.JPG

I'm sure I am missing other examples.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
cool as hell, about time to!