PDA

View Full Version : KoF Anime announced!

Cain Highwind
08-06-2005, 01:29 PM
Thanks to Ying123 at the S-C forums for finding this.

http://neogeofreak.sbpnet.jp/news/0508/03/index.html

Apparently, designs for Kyo, K', Alba and Ash (the two of them together will definetely be intresting) were shown.

Oh and the Anime is being done by Production IG.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really stoked about this!

RAINBOW PONY
08-06-2005, 01:33 PM
awesome, i wondr if it will be an OVA series, or a TV series, im guessing a dvd release/pay per view OVA in japan.....

could be cool if done right.

Hmkay
08-06-2005, 01:35 PM
http://neogeofreak.sbpnet.jp/news/0508/03/images/02s.jpg

NEWS FLASH: Kyo and Chang fuse to become one.

honeyman
08-06-2005, 02:10 PM
First of all, AAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Okay, no with that victory call out of the way I just hope to God that they do this justice. I don't want sloppy 2-frame budget crap. I want this to be amazing for such a great series but I guess we'll have to wait and see what they release.

P.S. Look on Playmore's Neo Freak section on their site. In the announcement for the anime it has the design sletches for Kyo and I must say, looking good and promising :glee:

dakingofzumunda
08-06-2005, 02:16 PM
All i got to say is, "It's about DAMN TIME!"

Can't wait.

Kazuki Dash
08-06-2005, 02:30 PM
That part gave me a fair amount of reassurance.

Diavle18
08-06-2005, 03:15 PM
I have been waiting for this so long it ain't even funny, about freaking time.

With Production IG being involved I know that visually it will be excellent, hopefully it won't be just a visual feast but a great overall anime.

I'm hoping for a movie, not a series/OAV.

Herman L.E.
08-06-2005, 03:17 PM
Oh god no...

Fygee
08-06-2005, 03:24 PM
Kyo's design looks nice, but I'm still dubious about it because:

A. Outside of Fatal Fury: TMP, SNKP's had really bad luck with anime features based off of their games.

B. This could create huge plot holes.

Gaelsano
08-06-2005, 03:28 PM

B. This could create huge plot holes.

This is why the Japanese invented the word "gaiden."

Poison Sama
08-06-2005, 03:34 PM
http://neogeofreak.sbpnet.jp/news/0508/03/images/02s.jpg

NEWS FLASH: Kyo and Chang fuse to become one.

Falcoon is fat...

Celes
08-06-2005, 04:55 PM
when was he skinny?

The Legendary LoneWolf
08-06-2005, 04:58 PM
PLEASE GOD let the Fatal Fury team and AOF team have a important part in KOF

2Dfan
08-06-2005, 04:59 PM
I hope it's an OVA series. TV series tend to be mild in the action and blood department.

Shito
08-06-2005, 05:00 PM
Falcoon is a fuckin' nerd period.

neo>all
08-06-2005, 05:45 PM
Sounds cool but i have my doubts. Not all snk animes have been exactly stellar. I still think they should make a live action movie out of one of their games. Probably either art of fighting or fatal fury since they're plots seem directly ripped from martial arts movies.

SouthtownKid
08-06-2005, 06:02 PM

A. Outside of Fatal Fury: TMP, SNKP's had really bad luck with anime features based off of their games.Cracks me up that you list that as an exception.

B. This could create huge plot holes.They could have this KOF thing star a kung fu fighting Elvis Presley, and reveal that Ash is Geese's older sister, and they still would not be able to create plot holes as large as already exist in KOF. Don't worry about it.

From what little we see and hear so far, this seems promising.

Lashujin
08-06-2005, 06:21 PM
Falcoon is fat...

I think I'm the only one here who likes falcoon despite of this

Oh yeah, the anime will likely be garbage

Violent Ryo
08-06-2005, 07:25 PM
Wow....always knew this was going to happen sooner or later, because the franchise is just too good not to have an anime.

I mean come on, KOF has the coolest characters in any fighter ever, and if any game series deserves an anime, its KOF or Final Fantasy even tho I have no interest whatsoever in the latter.

My only gripe is that characters like Kyo, Iori, K, Alba, Athena and others affiliated with the hero teams will be stupidly strong and characters that are actually stronger than the heroes like Terry, Ryo, Takuma, etc will be punching bags for the heroes and will be on a super shit level.

It will definately be a pain to watch for fans that like the normal, non hero characters, and will resemble the bullshit that happens in the KOF manhuas/comics.

Still, if the whole series has just one or two episodes with a defining Terry vs Ryo fight, then I will be very happy.

Fans who have been following KOF and SNK since the begining really want to see an all out battle in the form of anime between SNK's and Southtown's strongest. And this was the original theme and backdrop of KOF in the first place, that of Fatal Fury vs Art of Fighting.

IMO, Terry vs Ryo is a much better rivalry than Kyo vs Iori.

Still, this has been a long time coming, and it's about time too.

Frankfurt
08-06-2005, 07:51 PM
PLEASE GOD let the Fatal Fury team and AOF team have a important part in KOF

No. Not only they already have their anime, they have no point in the KOF games. KOF already has their leading characters. Don´t fuck it up with characters that mean nothing to the storyline.

My only gripe is that characters like Kyo, Iori, K, Alba, Athena and others affiliated with the hero teams will be stupidly strong and characters that are actually stronger than the heroes like Terry, Ryo, Takuma, etc will be punching bags for the heroes and will be on a super shit level.

Man, keep the blind fanboy-ism in check. I would like to know in which alternate reality you live where Terry and Ryo are stronger than Kyo and Iori.

Oh, i know! You think they´re stronger because you like them better and... and... because they´re older!

:rolleyes:

Violent Ryo
08-06-2005, 07:51 PM
but terry and ryo arent even rivals to begin with

Um ok, I wonder why they are always shown facing each other and as rivals then.

See intros for KOF 94, 95, 11, NGBC, and of course KOF 99 for Dreamcast.

Also see numerous Terry and Ryo win quotes through out the several KOFs after beating each other.

Terry and Ryo don't have a thousand year old family fued but they are definately rivals (friendly).

Last but not least:

http://mercury.walagata.com/w/violentryo/6499841.JPG

I'm sure I am missing other examples.

LWK
08-06-2005, 08:10 PM
cool as hell, about time to!

Celes
08-06-2005, 09:09 PM
well the design looks nice, what other anime has the production company been involved in?

Only one's I can think at the top of my head is Blood:The Last Vampire and FLCL.

well personally i always wanted to see a good SS or KOF anime or movie/ova whatever.

Samurai Spirits 2 wasn't that bad though.

Also, I can't wait to see Bao make an appereance :D

manly_pirate
08-07-2005, 01:04 AM
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/company.php?id=337
Theres a list of things Production IG has been involved in, the animation should be great! Here's hoping for a few bad ass Terry fights!

Seijuro Hiko
08-07-2005, 02:20 AM
Man, a dream comes true, I can't wait! :buttrock:

honeyman
08-07-2005, 08:30 AM
I hope it adopts the style of shows like Paranoia Agent and Ghost in the shell: Stand Alone Complex. I would be happy then with the outcome.

If it adopts the style of, say, FLCL and Dead Leaves, then God save us all!

jaydubnb
08-07-2005, 11:31 AM
I'll definitely watch, but I don't have any hopes for it at all. With so many fighters,characterization is sure to limited to 'I'm gonna kick your ass" followed by a super.

For this to be done right, there needs to be many, many episodes.

Domino-chan
08-07-2005, 12:59 PM
It definitely looks promising.

Personally I hope they incorporate the Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting characters as well as the KoF exclusive ones.

Capt. Takehiko
08-09-2005, 04:11 AM
just look at the art its deff not flcl style but a lot more realistic GITS style.
Which is a very hot and serious style. Production I. G. shouldn't dissapoint (One of my personal favourite studios) but the only problem is that I think that it could either be really balanced with character screen time or horribly unbalanced which could be complemented by being to short. BUT, it also could be brilliant.

jeff bogard
08-09-2005, 04:24 AM
the wait better be worth it.

SPINMASTER X
08-09-2005, 08:43 AM
OK now seriously this is what I wanna know.

VOICE ACTORS

They better fuckin have the voice actors from the damn game, no exceptions. Iori especially because he has a unique voice among all the others and it'd be too hard to see or actually HEAR him any other way.

JHendrix
08-09-2005, 08:56 AM
Initial Reaction: Whoa! Sweet!

Secondary Reaction: Please don't let them screw this up...

Mark of the Wolves
08-09-2005, 09:13 AM
I would like to know in which alternate reality you live where Terry and Ryo are stronger than Kyo and Iori.

Terry would Buster Wolf Kyo to hell.

As for the anime annoucement. I don't really care. It will be cool to look at and that's about it. The plot is probably going to make little to no sense.

SilverAngel
08-10-2005, 01:01 PM
Bring it on! :drool_2:

Herman L.E.
08-10-2005, 01:12 PM
if you can expect anything from this anime it'll probably look good, even though I hate all of falcoon's other works.

I'm gonna make sure I err... uh.. "obtain" the anime as soon as it comes out.

neo>all
08-10-2005, 01:34 PM
Even if it sucks ass i'll still watch it.

The Legendary LoneWolf
08-10-2005, 04:01 PM
No. Not only they already have their anime, they have no point in the KOF games. KOF already has their leading characters. Don´t fuck it up with characters that mean nothing to the storyline.

Man, keep the blind fanboy-ism in check. I would like to know in which alternate reality you live where Terry and Ryo are stronger than Kyo and Iori.

Oh, i know! You think they´re stronger because you like them better and... and... because they´re older!

:rolleyes:

where the hell do these friggin noobs come from, TERRY was, is and will always be stronger than ur faggot Kyo.

Ask anybody, hell Terry is Ryu's equally, Terry vs Ryo sound more fun then Gay Kyo

If there was an Capcom vs SNK movie, the front cover would have Ryu vs Terry but to please cock sucking fags like you, the reality has to be distorted and Kyo wil have to be there than Terry.

Hell I even have a KOF 94 manga where TERRY beat kyo in the finals and faughy Rugal, so kiss my curvy butt good night

neo>all
08-10-2005, 05:13 PM
where the hell do these friggin noobs come from, TERRY was, is and will always be stronger than ur faggot Kyo.

Ask anybody, hell Terry is Ryu's equally, Terry vs Ryo sound more fun then Gay Kyo

If there was an Capcom vs SNK movie, the front cover would have Ryu vs Terry but to please cock sucking fags like you, the reality has to be distorted and Kyo wil have to be there than Terry.

Hell I even have a KOF 94 manga where TERRY beat kyo in the finals and faughy Rugal, so kiss my curvy butt good night

kof manga?? :eek: Could you make some scans? :help:

The Legendary LoneWolf
08-10-2005, 08:53 PM
kof manga?? :eek: Could you make some scans? :help:

Well I would have 2 find it BUT I can give the link for the books if u want when I see them on yahoo

manly_pirate
08-10-2005, 11:06 PM

That is the best thing I have ever read.

Violent Ryo
08-11-2005, 06:03 AM
I have a KOF 94 Manga where Terry and Ryo both knock each other out in the final round, and then wake up and exchange wierd looks. :loco:

But yeah, mangas arent really supposed to be Canon, however Kyo was originally designed as a fighter that could "hold his own" against Terry and Ryo but not necessarily stronger, as is said by SNK themselves.

Curt
08-11-2005, 06:21 AM
Since Production IG is behind this.

I am certain this will be a quality release.

Certainly with the visuals, but if the story is fucked, well they can't be blamed.

This is awesome news. I'm freaking out. PRODUCTION IG. Easily my favorite house.

Taiso
08-11-2005, 12:26 PM
So, a KOF anime is finally on the way. It's only been 10 years since I wanted this.

Unfortunately, the storyline has been so diluted by boring characters that have supplanted the AOF and FF characters over time that it's going to be the most generic martial arts anime that will have ever been made.

I mean, seriously. I could run down a list of anime where we've seen chraacters exactly like Kyo, Iori, K', Leona, Ash, Alba Meira and all of the other supposed 'main characters' over and over and over and over and over and over ad infinitum ad nauseum.

The only, and I mean ONLY, way that this could be enjoyable for me is if the FF and AOF casts were returned to prominence in it and the anime was about what made the series so special to begin with-the dream match between established franchises.

Seeing as how there's no way in hell that will happen, I'd just as soon not see the wonderful, classic AOF and FF casts get punked out by the generic, androgynousm, bland likes of Iori Yagami and Ash Crimson. I'd rather the AOF and FF characters not be used at all if this is the case. To compare it to Dragonball, I can only watch Piccolo get beat up so many times as a way to pimp the new characters' strengths before I decide it's time to kick the writer in the nuts.

However, I begrudgingly admit that while I like the AOF and FF character MUCH more than the KOF original characters, the series has transmuted from its dream match origins into generic manga/anime storytelling. The only reason the AOF/FF characters keep getting recycled is so that the older fans who remember the past will continue to stay involved.

Now, for a fighting game, the storyline doesn't really matter. As long as I get to keep playing the characters I like in the next installment, I could give a damn who the spotlight's on.

But for an anime, obviously the storyline is more important to the overall quality of the finished effort. Since KOF's Orochi storyline is generic garbage, NESTS is just not very good (although K' is more compelling as a character than Kyo and Iori COMBINED) and the Ash arc is obviously an attempt to bring Kyo and Iori back to prominence, rather than a move in a new direction, the KOF anime is already doomed in my eyes.

And let's not even talk about the KOF: MI storyline, which is just Fatal Fury all over with far less intriguing characters. I swear to god, someday SNK is going to piss me off to the point where I'll work up the money, buy the company and sort their shit out for them just so I can restore the temples of FF and AOF, which they've unwittingly desecrated over the years.

As far as established canon goes you're not going to get it from any comic books or anime.

All I know is that Kyo and Iori are not as strong as everyone thinks. They didn't defeat Orochi because they were stronger than everyone else. They defeated Orochi because they wield the flames that, when combined, are the one thing that Orochi is vulnerable to and can be put back to sleep by. Not Terry's Triple Geyser. Not Ryo's Haoh-Shoko-Ken. The flames of Kyo and Iori combined are Orochi's 'kryptonite'. Period. That's how it was 1800 years ago when the Kusanagi and Yasakani clans combined to defeat Orochi. That's how it was in 1997. In a straight up fight, the only way Kyo or Iori could defeat Terry or Ryo is if Terry or Ryo held back their ultimate abilities for some reason (like Terry did when fighting Rock in MOTW-do you really think Terry would blast Rock into oblivion with a Buster Wolf unless Rock was a threat to innocent lives?). You can agree with this or not, but that's simply how it is as far as I am concerned.

Now, having railed about how shitty the anime will be and about the fans' misconceptions about the continuity, I will give the forthcoming KOF anime one great advantage: Production IG will do a good job with the look and animation. It will most likely be crap, but very pretty crap. I'll buy it and watch it because, despite it all, I love the 'Southtown' universe games and want to support the continued release of new SNK products in this respect.

honeyman
08-12-2005, 06:57 PM
Hey man, keep your chin up! I mean, Full Metal Alchemist did something for the genre of shounen anime shows didn't it? (i.e. it was quite original and good.) So, just cos the background story for KOF isn't the deepest I'm sure they'll flesh it out in the right ways to (at the very least) please us fans. Then again, you can never please everybody.

Taiso
08-13-2005, 06:16 PM
>>Hey man, keep your chin up! I mean, Full Metal Alchemist did something for the genre of shounen anime shows didn't it? (i.e. it was quite original and good.) So, just cos the background story for KOF isn't the deepest I'm sure they'll flesh it out in the right ways to (at the very least) please us fans. Then again, you can never please everybody.<<

Full Metal Alchemist had fifty episodes to tell its story. It's very doubtful KOF will get the same opportunity. Even if it's only one season, 24 or so episodes aren't NEARLY enough to 'please us fans'. Theyr'e going to shit all over someone's favorite character if he's not named Kyo, Iori, K', Ash or Alba Meira.

Oh, and expect the requisite scene of Athena pummeling some character far stronger than her because she's one of those retardedly cute Japanese anime girl and is pushed on us like a bad habit by the anime industry. I fully expect to see crap like May Lee beating up Jhun Hoon or Hinako snapping Heidern's neck or some other ridiculous bullshit.

And I, loyal SNK dumbass that I am, will probably be importing it on the day of release :loco:

Capt. Takehiko
08-14-2005, 02:27 AM
I fully expect to see crap like May Lee beating up Jhun Hoon... ...or some other ridiculous bullshit.

Many would hardly find that ridiculous at all.
:annoyed:

Twinkle Star
08-14-2005, 02:40 AM
I wish the story would focus on the male guys(Iori,Ash,Kyo and others) not Athena.i wish they won't change the seiyuu for the anime version.

SPINMASTER X
08-14-2005, 03:12 AM
So, a KOF anime is finally on the way. It's only been 10 years since I wanted this.

Unfortunately, the storyline has been so diluted by boring characters that have supplanted the AOF and FF characters over time that it's going to be the most generic martial arts anime that will have ever been made.

I mean, seriously. I could run down a list of anime where we've seen chraacters exactly like Kyo, Iori, K', Leona, Ash, Alba Meira and all of the other supposed 'main characters' over and over and over and over and over and over ad infinitum ad nauseum.

The only, and I mean ONLY, way that this could be enjoyable for me is if the FF and AOF casts were returned to prominence in it and the anime was about what made the series so special to begin with-the dream match between established franchises.

Seeing as how there's no way in hell that will happen, I'd just as soon not see the wonderful, classic AOF and FF casts get punked out by the generic, androgynousm, bland likes of Iori Yagami and Ash Crimson. I'd rather the AOF and FF characters not be used at all if this is the case. To compare it to Dragonball, I can only watch Piccolo get beat up so many times as a way to pimp the new characters' strengths before I decide it's time to kick the writer in the nuts.

However, I begrudgingly admit that while I like the AOF and FF character MUCH more than the KOF original characters, the series has transmuted from its dream match origins into generic manga/anime storytelling. The only reason the AOF/FF characters keep getting recycled is so that the older fans who remember the past will continue to stay involved.

Now, for a fighting game, the storyline doesn't really matter. As long as I get to keep playing the characters I like in the next installment, I could give a damn who the spotlight's on.

But for an anime, obviously the storyline is more important to the overall quality of the finished effort. Since KOF's Orochi storyline is generic garbage, NESTS is just not very good (although K' is more compelling as a character than Kyo and Iori COMBINED) and the Ash arc is obviously an attempt to bring Kyo and Iori back to prominence, rather than a move in a new direction, the KOF anime is already doomed in my eyes.

And let's not even talk about the KOF: MI storyline, which is just Fatal Fury all over with far less intriguing characters. I swear to god, someday SNK is going to piss me off to the point where I'll work up the money, buy the company and sort their shit out for them just so I can restore the temples of FF and AOF, which they've unwittingly desecrated over the years.

As far as established canon goes you're not going to get it from any comic books or anime.

All I know is that Kyo and Iori are not as strong as everyone thinks. They didn't defeat Orochi because they were stronger than everyone else. They defeated Orochi because they wield the flames that, when combined, are the one thing that Orochi is vulnerable to and can be put back to sleep by. Not Terry's Triple Geyser. Not Ryo's Haoh-Shoko-Ken. The flames of Kyo and Iori combined are Orochi's 'kryptonite'. Period. That's how it was 1800 years ago when the Kusanagi and Yasakani clans combined to defeat Orochi. That's how it was in 1997. In a straight up fight, the only way Kyo or Iori could defeat Terry or Ryo is if Terry or Ryo held back their ultimate abilities for some reason (like Terry did when fighting Rock in MOTW-do you really think Terry would blast Rock into oblivion with a Buster Wolf unless Rock was a threat to innocent lives?). You can agree with this or not, but that's simply how it is as far as I am concerned.

Now, having railed about how shitty the anime will be and about the fans' misconceptions about the continuity, I will give the forthcoming KOF anime one great advantage: Production IG will do a good job with the look and animation. It will most likely be crap, but very pretty crap. I'll buy it and watch it because, despite it all, I love the 'Southtown' universe games and want to support the continued release of new SNK products in this respect.

Serioulsy this post couldn't be any more true. This deserves a topic on its own.

Taiso, I couldn't agree with you more.

The KOF we all fell in love with has fallen pray to all the stupid androgyny and overly cute anime characters we see today. Its just become ridiculous.

I truly pray that this anime doesn't dissapoint me and just totally suck. However we all have to realize that the FF and AOF cast are going to take a total backseat to Kyo and Iori. I like Kyo's and Iori's storyline a helluva lot however the other problem is can they pull it off right? Or are they even going to attempt to pull it off right in the first place in place of making their own stupid shit up?

Taiso
08-16-2005, 02:02 AM
Capt. Takehiko sez:

>>Many would hardly find that ridiculous at all.<<

I say:

These 'many' you refer to need to be smacked upside the head and I'm glad I don't know them.

Spinmaster X sed:

>>Serioulsy this post couldn't be any more true. This deserves a topic on its own.

Taiso, I couldn't agree with you more.<<

Thanks, bro.

>>The KOF we all fell in love with has fallen pray to all the stupid androgyny and overly cute anime characters we see today. Its just become ridiculous.<<

How a-fucking-bout it? That is gospel truth, my good man. And I say this as a fan of anime. Not most of the 'overly cute' ilk to which you refer, but GOOD anime that has a good story and a point to make. Stuff like Berserk, Escaflowne, Last Exile. You know, quality stuff.

Unfortunately, the Japanese are victims of their own repressed culture and that's why cutesy, innocent acting girls are sex symbols over there, even though they won't admit it to the world.

>>I truly pray that this anime doesn't dissapoint me and just totally suck.<<

I'm just hoping that when I get my hands on it, I won't feel a wave of buyer's guilt after watching it.

>>However we all have to realize that the FF and AOF cast are going to take a total backseat to Kyo and Iori.<<

As they unfortunately have since SNK didn't know how to preserve the integrity of these two much more deserving franchises.

KOF became a fashion show. When the opening cinema for KOF XI appears on the monitor, the BGM should be "Tarzan Boy."

>>I like Kyo's and Iori's storyline a helluva lot however the other problem is can they pull it off right? Or are they even going to attempt to pull it off right in the first place in place of making their own stupid shit up?<<

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I remain understandably pessimistic, however.

JLoZeppelie
08-16-2005, 05:49 AM
I'm not interested in this anime :spock:
Better playing with Kof 98 and Neowave

VinylBoy
08-16-2005, 08:56 AM
I'd be willing to give this anime a chance. There's plenty of material and characters they could focus on in order to design a great story, although it's going to be difficult. I don't think anyone would disagree that a well created animated Orochi storyline which followed the synopsis of KOFs '94-'97 would be excellent. Start it off as just a dream match between FF and AOF, then involve the other teams one by one.

Like any anime I watch, I'll give it 2-3 episodes to get me hooked. After that, if I think it's not worth my time I stop. Any word on a possible release date?

Cain Highwind
08-24-2005, 04:25 AM
Bump with some new shots. More design shots of the other previously mentioned characters. Also has neat background sketches. Some of those look like they're from the past MI and even the street from MotW.

The article also seems to confirm that it's *specifically* the same team behind Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Cmplex (it seems to say something about it being Studio 9). Also the same character designer from SAC.

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050823/kof.htm

D-7
08-24-2005, 05:11 AM
this is awesome i cant wait to see it. The manga for it was pretty good

D-7
08-24-2005, 06:51 AM
the link that Cain Highwind listed roughly translated to...

The corporation SNK play moa, as short animation "of the the king of
Fighters (KOF)" series it makes that it is in the midst of producing
clear, released the portion of the setting data. Details of formal
title and open time etc. of animation are undecided.
As for "KOF" short animation, animation of the kind of contents which
trace the world view "of KOF". As for production production I. of
animation production companyWith G, animation "attack shell riot squad S.A.The 9th studio which manages C "has taken charge. Character design,
the Simomura one person who has taken charge of original character
design with the same work.

As for the data which is released, grass 薙 capital, setting
illustration and background image of the character 4 of alb メイラ,
K' and ash クリムゾン. Details of the story and the other
appearance character etc. are unclear, but according to the same
company, you say even with Tokyo game Shaw 2005 who from September
16th is held with Makuhari メッセ that perhaps, there is a some
announcement. Whether it is finished in some kind of animation work,
follow-up story waits.

honeyman
08-24-2005, 10:16 AM
Those background screenshots look great. Ash still looks to fruity and Alba doesn't excite me but I do like the Kyo and K' designs. I'm hoping that whatever this turns out to be it is a good production and will hopefully lead on to better things.

TheLastTrin
08-24-2005, 11:35 AM
Thanks to Ying123 at the S-C forums for finding this.

http://neogeofreak.sbpnet.jp/news/0508/03/index.html

Apparently, designs for Kyo, K', Alba and Ash (the two of them together will definetely be intresting) were shown.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really stoked about this!

IG seems to have their thumbs in every anime pie now days. They even lent a hand on the Full Metal Alchemist movie.

I would really like to see this as an OVA, or a limited run series (13 or 26 episodes). You can built a much stronger story with a limited run. Otherwise it degenerates into Dragonball Z, and we'll be forced to watch entire episodes where Iori and Kyo stare each other down trying to gain enough power to punch each other in the face.

RBjakeSpecial
08-24-2005, 11:48 AM
I'd rather stab myself in the face than watch this. There is no way this can be good. The intro to Dreamcast Kof98 rocks. I'll just watch that instead.

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050823/kof04.jpg

AHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOO

TheLastTrin
08-24-2005, 12:12 PM
The art style of that image reminds me of the new Ninja Turtles cartoon, for some reason. That, by the way, is not a good thing.

The Legendary LoneWolf
08-24-2005, 06:51 PM
I hope Fatal Fury team and AOF team at least get good roles

SouthtownKid
08-24-2005, 09:02 PM
I'd rather stab myself in the face than watch this. There is no way this can be good. The intro to Dreamcast Kof98 rocks. I'll just watch that instead.I never understand people who went crazy for that DC intro. That intro had some of the crappiest animation I've ever seen. Drawn okay, but poor layout, no rhythm to the movement....just lame. The PS animated intros for Last Blade and Real Bout Dominated Mind were great, but that DC KOF was complete garbage. I'd much rather look at the Neo version intro for '98.

Meanwhile, the character and background designs we've seen so far for this look very well done... but because it features characters people here don't like, they'll just write it off. Not that I have real high hopes for this, because judging by past attempts, there's about a 90% chance of it sucking, but I'll watch it first before deciding.

And I actually hope the AOF and FF teams are not featured at all. Obviously, the story is going to revolve around the KOF games main characters (Kyo, Iori, K', Ash, Alba), so AOF and FF characters will get second hand treatment if they appear.

jeff bogard
08-24-2005, 09:22 PM
Only time will tell.

Aside from that, my expectations are mid to low. low because of the history, and mid because that production company seems to have some respect.

I'd really would like to see some atmosphere like in Bebop, which I think could be the most suitable at all. I mean, aside from fighting, isn't KoF story mainly about investigating who's behind the tournament, always!?

RBjakeSpecial
08-24-2005, 09:40 PM
I never understand people who went crazy for that DC intro. That intro had some of the crappiest animation I've ever seen. Drawn okay, but poor layout, no rhythm to the movement....just lame. The PS animated intros for Last Blade and Real Bout Dominated Mind were great, but that DC KOF was complete garbage. I'd much rather look at the Neo version intro for '98.

Meanwhile, the character and background designs we've seen so far for this look very well done... but because it features characters people here don't like, they'll just write it off. Not that I have real high hopes for this, because judging by past attempts, there's about a 90% chance of it sucking, but I'll watch it first before deciding.

And I actually hope the AOF and FF teams are not featured at all. Obviously, the story is going to revolve around the KOF games main characters (Kyo, Iori, K', Ash, Alba), so AOF and FF characters will get second hand treatment if they appear.

hmmm... Haven't seen the 98 intro since it came out. I'll have to watch it again. In my memory it's brilliant. The other intros you mentioned are awesome too, the Dominated Mind was great...

It's more than characters I don't like. The movie has KOF MI characters which I
despise and HATE!!!!!111111

SouthtownKid
08-24-2005, 10:28 PM
It's more than characters I don't like. The movie has KOF MI characters which I
despise and HATE!!!!!111111Well, I have to agree I thought the MI characters had pretty horrible designs (and names...even though I guess Soiree is a perfect name for a member of the Village People), but I liked Alba's movelist. He was fun to play as... if he got a different design, I think he'd be a pretty good character. But I think that's true for almost all the characters Falcoon did designs for.

neo>all
08-24-2005, 10:34 PM
I hope Fatal Fury team and AOF team at least get good roles

seconded, they better not be reduced to cameos.

SouthtownKid
08-24-2005, 10:42 PM
seconded, they better not be reduced to cameos.I think that's exactly what's going to happen. The MI characters which they've already shown are in this, have too similar a story to the Bogart bros.

IL COACH
08-24-2005, 10:44 PM
Can't wait to see this kof anime! Hope it's not gonna be the same shit as the SF Victory series... :(

neo>all
08-24-2005, 10:48 PM
I think that's exactly what's going to happen. The MI characters which they've already shown are in this, have too similar a story to the Bogart bros.

Bogard?

SouthtownKid
08-24-2005, 10:53 PM
Bogard?maybe

oceanfrr
08-24-2005, 10:54 PM
I know they had a manga, finally an anime! :multi_co:

TheLastTrin
08-24-2005, 11:46 PM
I never read the manga. Was it ongoing or was it a small limited series?

neo>all
08-25-2005, 12:29 AM
I never read the manga. Was it ongoing or was it a small limited series?

Yeah could some one scan a few pages?

SouthtownKid
08-25-2005, 02:30 AM
Which one? There have been dozens of different comics of KOF in Japan (never mind the hundreds of Hong Kong KOF comics), all by different artists, writers, and publishers.

neo>all
08-25-2005, 02:34 AM
Which one? There have been dozens of different comics of KOF in Japan (never mind the hundreds of Hong Kong KOF comics), all by different artists, writers, and publishers.

Fuck dude, i'm moving to japan.

Fygee
08-25-2005, 05:39 AM
Anyone else notice that so far, all five of the main characters are wearing black, white, and red? (Fifth person being Iori who will undoubtedly remain the same)

Cain Highwind
08-25-2005, 08:20 PM
I never understand people who went crazy for that DC intro. That intro had some of the crappiest animation I've ever seen. Drawn okay, but poor layout, no rhythm to the movement....just lame. The PS animated intros for Last Blade and Real Bout Dominated Mind were great, but that DC KOF was complete garbage. I'd much rather look at the Neo version intro for '98.

Agreed. Even IG's Namco X Capcom intro wasn't all that great compared to their other stuff, but it still looked better overall than the 99 DM Intro. It was just "meh" animation with catchy music. I rather liked the 94 RB Intro better. It kept the Shinkiro style for characters and had them do more then "pose for the camera" despite some of the awful "punching" animation.

After those two intros, I'm really surprised they got the likes of Production IG. I guess I'm the only one who looks at the designs and think "All right! KoF in the Ghost in the Shell universe!"

By the way, I've never seen these intros for Dominated Mind or Last Blade, can someone hook me up? Links?

ajk1080
08-26-2005, 01:31 AM
Havent seen anyone direct link for some early production art and backgrounds(settings) for the anime yet so, here it is (http://neogeofreak.sbpnet.jp/news/0508/06/index.html)

Capt. Takehiko
08-26-2005, 04:30 AM
Havent seen anyone direct link for some early production art and backgrounds(settings) for the anime yet so, here it is (http://neogeofreak.sbpnet.jp/news/0508/06/index.html)

Those backgrounds look really nice. :buttrock:

TheLastTrin
08-30-2005, 02:25 AM
As if Ash couldn't look gayer, he now has horrible freckles and braces. I don't remember him being a braceface in KOF 2003...but I only played it a couple times.

http://neogeofreak.sbpnet.jp/news/0508/06/images/05.jpg

KOSBRAVESHIYUU
08-30-2005, 02:31 AM
hopefully this cartoon doesn't end up like SF2V. On a station nobody really watches...WAM!

Herman L.E.
08-30-2005, 02:25 PM
As if Ash couldn't look gayer, he now has horrible freckles and braces. I don't remember him being a braceface in KOF 2003...but I only played it a couple times.

http://neogeofreak.sbpnet.jp/news/0508/06/images/05.jpg

WTF, yeah Ash is a fricken loser; why does he have braces, to look more like a gay nerd? I thought Abla and Soiree appearing in the anime was a watse, but now...

KOSBRAVESHIYUU
08-30-2005, 09:04 PM
WTF, yeah Ash is a fricken loser; why does he have braces, to look more like a gay nerd? I thought Abla and Soiree appearing in the anime was a watse, but now...

he reminds me of frylock from aqua teen hunger force! in the first few episodes whenever he would smile hard he'd have this huge brace smile!

Mark of the Wolves
08-30-2005, 09:21 PM
hopefully this cartoon doesn't end up like SF2V. On a station nobody really watches...WAM!

If it's an OVA it on't be coming on TV at all.

KOSBRAVESHIYUU
08-31-2005, 02:38 AM
If it's an OVA it on't be coming on TV at all.

oh shit...my bad i knew dat! Either way I hope it's good! KOF desereves a good anime!

Tron
09-06-2005, 05:43 AM
:lol: :lol:
Damn I.G made, Ash look like a snot noise freckle brat.

Still i hope the KOF anime is good as the, FF one if so count me in.

Domino-chan
09-16-2005, 02:11 PM
http://neogeofreak.sbpnet.jp/news/0509/20/06.html

Of course I had to share this with you guys. Now I have good reason to look forward to this anime.

Now if you'll excuse me... :multi_co: :buttrock: :multi_co: :buttrock:

Yuri-chan
09-18-2005, 04:50 PM
Wow, this is so awesome. I have always been looking forward to a KOF anime. The best we can do for now is wait. The fact that animators are taking their time to create this means alot to SNK, and fans of KOF in general. It means there could still be new life for a series that has been around for more than 10 years now. I'll look forward to hearing more news of this now. :emb:

Twinkle Star
09-20-2005, 06:51 AM
kinda like the new anime,though its only a OAV,anyway i think they've added Kula and Athena in the OAV anime release.No problem with thier voiceactress for Kula and Athena. :kekeke:

Mike Shagohod
09-21-2005, 01:07 PM
If it looks anything as good as the opening Anime sequence from KOF Dreammatch 1999 on the Dreamcast, I'm sure it'll do well. Production I.G. is the shiznits to begin with.

GK

Keric
09-21-2005, 02:10 PM
http://213.246.59.66/iscariote/photos-japan/2005_09_18-Tokyo_Game_Show_2005/

There are several pics of the TGS, and on the bottom there's a video of the anime (you need quicktime).

It looks better than dm99 opening.

Cain Highwind
09-21-2005, 02:56 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the link!

k'_127
09-21-2005, 04:10 PM
nice video.

thanks for sharing.

SouthtownKid
09-21-2005, 11:29 PM
It looks better than dm99 opening.Waaaaaay better animation. Good rhythm. Thanks for the link.

Capt. Takehiko
09-22-2005, 01:56 AM

There are several pics of the TGS, and on the bottom there's a video of the anime (you need quicktime).

Awesome. Just awesome. :buttrock:

Domino-chan
09-22-2005, 03:37 AM
Ohhhh Billy...

That looks damn decent. :tickled:

SML
09-22-2005, 07:56 AM

Anyone else notice butterflyhead from MI2 at the end there?

Edit: ...come to think of it, all these characters have been announced for MI2.

We're sure that this is going to be standalone right? Not just an anime intro ala DM '99?

At the very least it looks like the anime and the game will be companion pieces.

k'_127
09-22-2005, 11:02 AM
Anyone else notice butterflyhead from MI2 at the end there?

Edit: ...come to think of it, all these characters have been announced for MI2.

We're sure that this is going to be standalone right? Not just an anime intro ala DM '99?

At the very least it looks like the anime and the game will be companion pieces.

the anime will probably be based on MI2.

there will be 4 episodes for the anime. check www.cyberfanatix.com for SNK/KOF news.

SouthtownKid
09-22-2005, 02:22 PM
the anime will probably be based on MI2.

there will be 4 episodes for the anime. check www.cyberfanatix.com for SNK/KOF news.As it said in the scan of KOF: Another Day (on your cyberfanatix link), the 4th episode ties into Max Impact 2 (stated in bottom-left corner, below Billy model sheet). So I guess the OVA series is a prequel to the game, or something. That's the connection.

Dash no Chris
09-22-2005, 04:39 PM
As it said in the scan of KOF: Another Day (on your cyberfanatix link), the 4th episode ties into Max Impact 2 (stated in bottom-left corner, below Billy model sheet). So I guess the OVA series is a prequel to the game, or something. That's the connection.
For the last month or so, my suspicion about the KOF anime project have been this: it will be a short, animated opening for KOF:MI2... and that's all. After reading this thread (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126950), my suspicions were raised (as you can see in my post (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1623014&postcount=21)). Since this thing was never referred to as a "movie," "tv series," or "oav," I was thinking there wasn't much else it could be except an anime opening for MI2. Then we got this update (http://neogeofreak.sbpnet.jp/news/0509/20/index.html) at SNK Playmore's "NEO-GEO FREAK" website. It refers to KOF: Another Day as a "short anime," consisting of 4 parts. According to that interview Cain Highwind posted about, the MI2 anime sequence would be used in a promotional capacity on the web. I'm thinking that SNK plans to release each of the 4 parts, one at a time (like once a week for a month, maybe?), in order to build anticipation for the release of MI2 (like their time-released character rosters for SVC CHAOS and NBC).

At this point, I've seen nothing to lead me to believe that the "KOF anime" will be a tv series, oav series, or a movie. I think it's simply going to be 4 short web-released animated films, used to promote MI2 (and hopefully included on the game's disc when it's released).

--Chris

SouthtownKid
09-22-2005, 04:53 PM
At this point, I've seen nothing to lead me to believe that the "KOF anime" will be a tv series, oav series, or a movie. I think it's simply going to be 4 short web-released animated films, used to promote MI2 (and hopefully included on the game's disc when it's released).Ah, that would explain a lot. I was wondering why they kept referring to it as "short anime" or in the article on cyberfanatix as "short film animation", as I'd never heard that term before.

Still cool, although I doubt 4 web movies together would come to more than 20 minutes total at most (and probably a lot shorter than that).

But if the response is good, who knows? Maybe they'll do some kind of follow up.

honeyman
09-23-2005, 11:15 AM
Ah, that would explain a lot. I was wondering why they kept referring to it as "short anime" or in the article on cyberfanatix as "short film animation", as I'd never heard that term before.

Still cool, although I doubt 4 web movies together would come to more than 20 minutes total at most (and probably a lot shorter than that).

But if the response is good, who knows? Maybe they'll do some kind of follow up.

As long as the quality's as high as that short clip provided in that link a few posts ago I wouldn't mind. Still, some animated KOF is better than none, right?

k'_127
09-23-2005, 05:58 PM
if you go over to http://xbox360.ign.com you can find an article about the future Maximum Impact games. it says that:

PS2' MI2
Xbox360' MI3
PS3' MI

are 3 different games. possibly one of them being an upgraded version of another (like Maniax for XBox)

it also says something about the anime:

There is also planned a 4-part series of short films called The King of Fighters: Another Day, due for release on the web leading up to the game's release. These are of special note, as they are being produced by Production I.G's Studio 9 (the team of Ghost in the Shell), with Hajime Shimomura from I.G doing CG character design and Akihiko Ureshino writing the script. The story on this takes place in Southtown, and will intertwine the stories of several characters.

seems like what dash_no_chris said is true.

Honeychan
09-29-2005, 04:21 AM
What i've been able to see about this, the animation looks GREAT. Detailed, a bit dark, -very- much like GITS:SAC. This is a very good thing. They won't shrink from making an older character LOOK older, or too "cute". Ralf and Clark will probably look fantastically cool- hell, Leona's small clip fighting with K' had me squealing like a 5-year old! Billy looks quite bad-assed, too. YAY for that!

But...As they are going to be "shorts", maybe 5-7 minutes each, there's not going to be major character development..This is going to be akin to watching PORN..You watch for the pretty characters doing action, but the plot's non-existant or really lame.

I really HOPE, tho..That they try as best as possible to let characters that DESERVE to beat the snot out of lesser ones, DO IT. If say.....Bao, or Hinako is made to kick the living crap out of Terry, or Kim...Ugggghhh...I will put my fist thru my comp's screen and swear revenge. I mean, as much as I personally LOVE Maxima, it would be really beyond anything if they have him tromping all over Ryo or Robert.

I just hope that the writers RESPECT all that is KOF, and actually have a clue as to just "who could really beat who" and not have Mignon suddenly bust out and kick Blue Mary's butt.

I'm just afraid that there's GOING to be dissapointing match-ups, and things that will piss me off about this anime. Of course, we as ultimate fans of the series are going to judge this really, really harshly..Looking for cracks in it, and nitpick them till the cows come home. I know i'll do it.

I'm still thrilled beyond anything that there's finally going to be real KOF anime, tho! I'll still watch it, and drool over the gorgeous art.

I'm going into this, 50/50. It won't be perfect, but I can try and live with that. *LOL* :kekeke:

Frankfurt
09-29-2005, 12:01 PM
I really HOPE, tho..That they try as best as possible to let characters that DESERVE to beat the snot out of lesser ones, DO IT. If say.....Bao, or Hinako is made to kick the living crap out of Terry, or Kim...Ugggghhh...I will put my fist thru my comp's screen and swear revenge.

Shut up.

Fanboys like you should be shot in the head.

Keric
09-29-2005, 12:42 PM
http://www.snkplaymore.jp/game/event/tgs/2005/report/movie/kifmim2_ani.exe

The full trailer with sound!

SouthtownKid
09-29-2005, 01:43 PM
There's a mac version on the site as well, for those of us not on pc. Also, a Max Impact 2 trailer.

kanakura
09-29-2005, 02:16 PM
http://www.snkplaymore.jp/game/event/tgs/2005/report/movie/kifmim2_ani.exe

The full trailer with sound!

Really cool Trailer. I hope the story will be good too... :mr_t:

http://www.snkplaymore.jp/game/event/tgs/2005/report/img/movie_p01.jpg

Mushiki
09-29-2005, 02:17 PM
Great looking trailer -- very good animation quality.

Honeychan
09-29-2005, 02:54 PM
Shut up.

Fanboys like you should be shot in the head.

LOL, and why is that, oh enlightened-one? I can feel however I wish on the topic, your thoughts didn't contribute a single thing. Oh, that you want me dead. NICE. Wow, do I get to feel special, since i've been attacked on the forums by you?

Yay, i've arrived!! :shame: :shame: :shame:

SouthtownKid
09-29-2005, 03:11 PM
LOL, and why is that, oh enlightened-one? I can feel however I wish on the topic, your thoughts didn't contribute a single thing. Oh, that you want me dead. NICE. Wow, do I get to feel special, since i've been attacted on the forums by you?

Yay, i've arrived!! :shame: :shame: :shame:Frankfurt's a bit of a tool, but I know what he's trying to say in this case: just that fanbois who are so anal about "canon" or "who would beat who" tend to strangle the life and the fun out of a game or whatever.

Just let it be whatever it is and enjoy it. However big a fan you think you are, we're talking about their characters... they can do whatever they want, and they know their characters better than you do, even if their ideas don't match your preconceived images of them. Try to relax and let go a little.

Anyhow, it's a tie-in Max Impact 2 cartoon, so your worrying about Bao and Hinako or whoever, sounds stupid anyway. They're not in the game.

I cracked up when Lien grabbed Billy's pole.

Diavle18
09-29-2005, 03:47 PM
I found the facial style ugly but other then that its pretty nice. Some great animation too ( like the blue pants guy doing a spining bird kick type move).

Hopes are up.

SouthtownKid
09-29-2005, 04:11 PM
( like the blue pants guy doing a spining bird kick type move).That's Soiree (the Village People cowboy from Maximum Impact who fights like Tekken's Eddie).

hermegildo
09-29-2005, 04:28 PM
It looks pretty good, I just wish it didn't have anything to do with MI or its characters and for it to be more standalone. I get the feeling the game will focus more on the MI cast rather than the regular KOF cast but, hey, it's better than nothing.

Maxima looks retarded though.

Plisken
10-08-2005, 01:05 PM
anybody know the name of the song in the trailer?

SouthtownKid
10-09-2005, 10:22 PM
hey ya'll check the first episode out. i'm dl it right now. i dont know if its the real deal or not but will let you know after it finishes dl ing. anybody interrested in the ova heres the torrent link:

http://www.mininova.org/tor/127267

youll need torrent for this but thats obvious.I'll be interested to hear what that is... this thing was supposed to be on the SNK site. How big is it?

SPINMASTER X
10-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Hmm i'm actually suprised by the trailer. I was expecting the worst cuz i'm a total asshole when it comes to stuff like this. Once I saw the Ikari team and a few other characters I was relieved cuz normally in transitions like this they wouldn't give characters like that the time of day.

Now lets see if they'll use the voice actors from the game.

LWK
10-09-2005, 11:30 PM
I like the trailer a little. Maxima looks hilarious, his eyes look to close in his head.

SPINMASTER X
10-09-2005, 11:31 PM
I like the trailer a little. Maxima looks hilarious, his eyes look to close in his head.

Yeah they didn't really put much effort into face proportions. A couple others had jacked up faces. When K' turned his head to the side his face instantly shrunk, lol.

LWK
10-09-2005, 11:37 PM
yeah, they need to ditch that kof mi shit also, that made the series to weird for me. Shitty chars like Hinako are enough already.

SPINMASTER X
10-09-2005, 11:50 PM
yeah, they need to ditch that kof mi shit also, that made the series to weird for me. Shitty chars like Hinako are enough already.

With the way companies are doing things now, beggars can't be choosers. We just have to accept that these Metrosexual and super cute anime influenced characters are here to stay and that they will at times take the forefront in favor of our old favorites.

I guess this wierd metro fashion and crazy cute characters shit is whats cool in Japan right now so thats how its gonna be. Capcom(Ingrid) and even NAMCO(Lili) of all people are doing it too.

I saw Terry in the trailer with his old and new clothes on so I guess that will suffice for oldskool nostalgia.

LWK
10-09-2005, 11:57 PM
With the way companies are doing things now, beggars can't be choosers. We just have to accept that these Metrosexual and super cute anime influenced characters are here to stay and that they will at times take the forefront in favor of our old favorites.

I guess this wierd metro fashion and crazy cute characters shit is whats cool in Japan right now so thats how its gonna be. Capcom(Ingrid) and even NAMCO(Lili) of all people are doing it too.

I saw Terry in the trailer with his old and new clothes on so I guess that will suffice for oldskool nostalgia.

I was never begging to begin with so I can be on the side lines as a complainer.

The metro's don't bug me, its the uncreative designs that appeared in MI. MI's chars remind me of alot of tekken chars I didnt give a shit about.

SouthtownKid
10-10-2005, 12:00 AM
yeah, they need to ditch that kof mi shit also, that made the series to weird for me. Shitty chars like Hinako are enough already.They made tha cartoon specifically to promote MI2, so it's unlikely they'll ditch the MI characters.

Did you check that torrent link? Was it the trailer again?

SPINMASTER X
10-10-2005, 12:11 AM
I was never begging to begin with so I can be on the side lines as a complainer.

The metro's don't bug me, its the uncreative designs that appeared in MI. MI's chars remind me of alot of tekken chars I didnt give a shit about.

Heh, i was a beggard til i just said "fuck it" cuz shit will never be how it should cuz nothing is sacred anymore nowadays.

But it does seem like some people copied that wannabe cyberpunk leather outfit Jin had as his 2nd player costume in tekken 3/tag. New character designs nowadays are all sorely lacking.

LWK
10-10-2005, 12:15 AM
Heh, i was a beggard til i just said "fuck it" cuz shit will never be how it should cuz nothing is sacred anymore nowadays.

But it does seem like some people copied that wannabe cyberpunk leather outfit Jin had as his 2nd player costume in tekken 3/tag. New character designs nowadays are all sorely lacking.

I dont mind that trailer but the faces look ridiculous on some chars, it screams fan art in a few still shots.

Nothing can touch the level of awesome in the FF anime's. I'm gonna be comparing that terry to those anime's the whole time, and if he has some goofy voice, its gonna be painful to make the transition. KOF is so marketed to hell its not even funny now.

SPINMASTER X
10-10-2005, 12:20 AM
KOF is so marketed to hell its not even funny now.

:(

pop culture = the devil.

Diavle18
10-10-2005, 12:22 AM
I don't really mind the the metro characters that seem to be numerous these days, as long as among them gameplay gems like Ramon, Shen, Angel etc pop up as well. Gotta take in the good with the bad.

I think they made the anime more MI2 b/c otherwise they would have way too many characters to deal with, and they obviously wouldn't be able to include all of then. This would result in way more pissed fans.

The SF2 anime had awesome (realistic) fightscenes but was shit otherwise. THat Ryu-Fei fight is just wow.

The FF movie had a great story but not as hot as the SF anime in terms of fights.

Here's hoping Another Day is something in between (though from the trailer I think they nailed the fightscenes)

LWK
10-10-2005, 12:24 AM
I don't really mind the the metro characters that seem to be numerous these days, as long as among them gameplay gems like Ramon, Shen, Angel etc pop up as well. Gotta take in the good with the bad.

I think they made the anime more MI2 b/c otherwise they would have way too many characters to deal with, and they obviously wouldn't be able to include all of then. This would result in way more pissed fans.

The SF2 anime had awesome (realistic) fightscenes but was shit otherwise. THat Ryu-Fei fight is just wow.

The FF movie had a great story but not as hot as the SF anime in terms of fights.

Here's hoping Another Day is something in between (though from the trailer I think they nailed the fightscenes)

Shen is a awesome design, Angel's cool also. Shen would look better more animated though.

NeoCverA
10-10-2005, 12:56 AM
hey ya'll check the first episode out. i'm dl it right now. i dont know if its the real deal or not but will let you know after it finishes dl ing. anybody interrested in the ova heres the torrent link:

http://www.mininova.org/tor/127267

youll need torrent for this but thats obvious.

Buddy said this was PORN. :shame:

Poison Sama
10-10-2005, 02:30 AM
Buddy said this was PORN. :shame:

Indeed it is, and a crappy one at that.
Do not download.

Freeman-12
10-20-2005, 03:44 AM
Not to mention that the only vid available for it is the trailer.