SVC Chaos 14.99 new at EB

Sushi-X

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Why does everyone seem to hate this game? I think it's pretty cool.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Sushi-X said:
Why does everyone seem to hate this game? I think it's pretty cool.

Let me see. Shitty hit detection, poor play control, unbalanced as a boxer fighting a midget, and don't forget the fact that the sprites are god aweful at times (Guile grows and loses side burns in MID-FIGHT).

Otherwise? A gem. A real gem!

soapy_jack23

Crazed MVS Addict
Very true it is unbalanced and all but it has a nice classic feel to it.
This was the first "expensive game" that I got for my aes and I
played the crap out of it. Sure the boss charectors are on a differant
level but they are boss charectors after all. It is challenging and I still think
that the stage where you fight shin akuma is one of the best for any
fighter.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
soapy_jack23 said:
Very true it is unbalanced and all but it has a nice classic feel to it.
This was the first "expensive game" that I got for my aes and I
played the crap out of it. Sure the boss charectors are on a differant
level but they are boss charectors after all. It is challenging and I still think
that the stage where you fight shin akuma is one of the best for any
fighter.

Hey, some of the stages are great. Nice intro, good character portraits... but come on, that's not enough to shine a turd into a diamond, is it?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:
Let me see. Shitty hit detection, poor play control, unbalanced as a boxer fighting a midget, and don't forget the fact that the sprites are god aweful at times (Guile grows and loses side burns in MID-FIGHT).

Totally agreed.

Still, 14 is a good price for this game, you can still get good competition out of it, just make sure you are being as cheap as you can be.

LMAO I totally pwned so cal cade with terry when it released, then I became even cheaper with dhalsim.

I gave this game up, but come back to it once in a while.

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Meh, I guess people will be shitting on SvC until the end of time. If you take into acount that it was a Playmore job, not SNK, it's not too bad. People were expecting MOTW 2 and got World Heroes. No, it's not the best fighter ever commited to a PCB, but it's also far from being the worst. It's a simple middle of the road fighter that can be fun to play.

OmegaSaber

Beast Buster
Yeah it's been $14.99 for probably a couple months now. Not a bad price considering they felt the need to release it at $50 when it should have been no more than $30.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Michael Yagami said:
Meh, I guess people will be shitting on SvC until the end of time. If you take into acount that it was a Playmore job, not SNK, it's not too bad. People were expecting MOTW 2 and got World Heroes. No, it's not the best fighter ever commited to a PCB, but it's also far from being the worst. It's a simple middle of the road fighter that can be fun to play.

that's a pretty harsh slam against World Heroes :crying:

kiun

Zero's Tailor
The game is not that unbalanced unless you are playing against someone using the hidden boss/chars. Yes there are top tiers, but what fighting game doesn't ? I've played this game on xbox live and most of my matches were fun. I didn't reget paying $40 for it during launch.

I simply don't understand the hate. Give it a chance. $15 for a 2d ONLINE fighting game, its a steal.
Capcom fighting jam on the other hand... that game is shit.

wizkid007

Hyperspin King., Beer Not Included.,
20 Year Member
I picked up capcom fighting jam for 10 dollars today. :conf:

I also picked up virtual fighter evolution for 12 dollars and they threw in Final fantasy 2 for free because the capcom fighting jam was a little scratched, this was from a buy and sell store so they really didnt know that the final fantasy cart was worth more then both the games i bought! :)

Last edited:

Sushi-X

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Nice to see a few people like it.

I too happen to like World Heroes.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Game's worth $15 bucks if only for the online part. Then again, when SFAC is available why would you waste time with this game?

Mike Shagohod

Stray Dog Grunt
20 Year Member
Sushi-X said:
Nice to see a few people like it.

I too happen to like World Heroes.

Well I happen to be fond of it too. Was the one and only time I bought a GMVS of it and I don't feel I wasted a single cent. It's not Garou: MOTW or KOF 2002 but then what the heck is?

GK

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
I guess it's worth it now ... :kekeke:

I'll probably pick it up for the online play - maybe one day I'll want a change of pace from 3S.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
The hit detection is what really, really ruins it for me. That, and the abuse you can cause with the guard cancel front step. I also hate the 4 button scheme for the Capcom people. SNK translates quite well with the 6 button setup but Capcom seems to take a dive going from 6 to 4.

With that being said, $15 is a good price for the game. The game is fun in small doses.

Herman L.E.

Kabuki Klasher
SvC is alright, I just had to put up with MANY of its flaws, after that you'll enjoy it.

15 bucks is kinda too much for a game like this, still I'm glad its not $40-$50; I'd have to kick my own ass if I bought it then.

FLADIPO

Banned
Spike Spiegel said:

your so Fu**en hilarious yet so right! :lol: