Repair MVS cart.. will the new Willem EPROM Programmer PCB4C handle it?

bytestorm

Armored Scrum Object
i have a Real bout fatal fury special mvs cart that i think has 1 or more bad graphics chips... and i thought about buying a eprom burner to repair the cart =) and to be able to perform upgrades to my unibios ect... will this one do the trick?
(adapters may be needed of course)

but is it powerful enough to program 32mb eproms?

http://www.sivava.com/Product_A03.htm

bytestorm

Armored Scrum Object
no one? =/

anyone knows if it supports 2716, 2716A, 2732 and 2732A ?

it :multi_co: doesnt say either yes or no... i know the older models doesnt support them but how about this one?

peap

New Challenger
Maybe, according the the supported device-list on sivava it should work with 2716 and 2732. If you want I can check if this is actually the case for you, I just got my 4.0 from sivava last week.

Plocka loss dom och skicka hit så kan jag kolla om det funkar. Troligtvis är det inga problem. Posta mig på AT isf.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Looks like it may work but you will need the DIP40 and DIP42 adapters if you want to handle Neo stuff.

Jeff

bytestorm

Armored Scrum Object
peap said:
Maybe, according the the supported device-list on sivava it should work with 2716 and 2732. If you want I can check if this is actually the case for you, I just got my 4.0 from sivava last week.

Plocka loss dom och skicka hit så kan jag kolla om det funkar. Troligtvis är det inga problem. Posta mig på AT isf.

tja, jag har inga för tillf som behöver bytas... vart bara nyfiken om det gick =)

bytestorm

Armored Scrum Object
JMKurtz said:
Looks like it may work but you will need the DIP40 and DIP42 adapters if you want to handle Neo stuff.

Jeff

ok! that sounds perfect! i'll buy one.. but where can i get a good uv-erazer for the roms?

any suggestions? not to expensive plz..

peap

New Challenger
Jag köpte min raderare för 270kr inkl frakt ny på ebay. Sök på eprom eraser, brukar finnas en hel del. Min var ny men från asien så jag fick byta kontakt på den, annars funkar det prima. (den luktade naftalin när jag fick den men det var sladden som jag ändå bytte så nu är det lugnt)

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
bytestorm said:
no one? =/

anyone knows if it supports 2716, 2716A, 2732 and 2732A ?

it :multi_co: doesnt say either yes or no... i know the older models doesnt support them but how about this one?

I dont think there would be many programmers that would not support those.

Coincidentally I am programming some 2732s for a Gallag board as we speak.

Edit: If it did not would be next to useless for early 80s classics.

Last edited:

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
bytestorm said:
ok! that sounds perfect! i'll buy one.. but where can i get a good uv-erazer for the roms?

any suggestions? not to expensive plz..

If you can get a uv fluro lamp (used in water purification and steralizing applications) you can make your own for next to nothing. Like this

erase.jpg

doggydodomi

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I have the Willem Programmer. It has some issues with 27C322. Right till now, I have only been able to read(with some luck) and totally no write.

May be a problem I faced only...but won't hurt to check out www.willem.org, the forum.

bytestorm

Armored Scrum Object
hmm....looks like i have to check ebay =) dont know where to get a uv fluro lamp here in sweden...=/

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
bytestorm said:
hmm....looks like i have to check ebay =) dont know where to get a uv fluro lamp here in sweden...=/

Here is an eraser that fits into a VHS box ! It should be able to erase 4 at a time.

http://www.mikeg2.freeserve.co.uk/eprom/eraser.html
http://www.rampantapathy.co.uk/epromeraser.html

The uv tubes are available from Aqua Direct in the UK.
http://www.aquatics-direct.co.uk/itemsviewer.asp?ID=1704

The one I built runs of mains, the hook up is the same as a normal fluro tube (starter, capacitor and ballast inductor).
I got that fluro from a local chemical supply company, used for purifying drinking water. Its about a foot in length so it can erase around 12 eproms in one hit.

Im thinking of adding a simple mechanical timer, 15 mins and the jobs done.

Be sure to understand the dangers of UV light before messing with this stuff- NEVER look directly at the lamp. I used a black plastic snap lock case which I had laying around- its ideal :)

I have the Willem Programmer. It has some issues with 27C322. Right till now, I have only been able to read(with some luck) and totally no write.

Remember that there is a difference between the 27C32(D version is the same) and 27C32A, pin out is the same but one uses 25 and the other 21 volts for programming ;)

Last edited: