Sengoku Canon....anyone play this?

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
Bought this, played it and it seems okay.

It is cetainly not the greatest. I was trully expecting more out of this game. Graphics are okay, and music is oaky. Control is, well.....A bit goofy and slow if you use the directional, and if you use the analog it takes some getting used to. I haven't realy had the time to indulge in this game so I have only seen the first level. But nothing is really mind blowing so far.

In all honesty, I really am a little mixed about this game. Not really sure what to think?

Does this game get better at all?

Am I the only one that feels this way? I mean, I am happy that I have a shooter for my PSP, but I wish it was better in some ways.

What are all your thought, for those that bought and play this game?

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
GT40PWR said:
Bought this, played it and it seems okay.

It is cetainly not the greatest. I was trully expecting more out of this game. Graphics are okay, and music is oaky. Control is, well.....A bit goofy and slow if you use the directional, and if you use the analog it takes some getting used to. I haven't realy had the time to indulge in this game so I have only seen the first level. But nothing is really mind blowing so far.

In all honesty, I really am a little mixed about this game. Not really sure what to think?

Does this game get better at all?

Am I the only one that feels this way? I mean, I am happy that I have a shooter for my PSP, but I wish it was better in some ways.

What are all your thought, for those that bought and play this game?
I was just thinking the same thing! - http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125902
That's kind of what I wondered about- I thought a good ol' fashioned shmup on the PSP would get the hardcore crowd pretty excited, but I haven't heard a thing about SC so far. Eerily quiet, I'd say. The screenshots looked strangely bland, IMO, and your first impressions seem to kind of match that feel of "okay but not too special."

And I had high hopes! :crying:

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
jro said:
And I had high hopes! :crying:

So did I, but it's not horrible either. Then again I haven't played it much too.

HHmm, give me a week or so and maybe I'll have better news. Is this game worth importing over here? Well if you're a hardcore shmup fan I'd say yes, however if you're looking for this to be a mind blowing game....you'll be pretty disappointed.

I am happy that we have a PSP shooter, but I think this could have been better considering we waited so long for shmup love for our PSP.

Now what needs to be done, and I know it can be done, start porting over that oh-so-wonderful 2D shmup collection the Import Saturn had. I want to see Radiant Silvergun, Souky, DoDonpachi, Blast Wind, Hyper Duel, The ThunderForce collection, so on and so on.

No excuses. PSP seems to be porting over everyother damn old PSX and PS2 games, so lets start seeing these great games. How about some Valkyrie Profile and some of those other RPG's? It would be so cheap and easy to do also.

Wouldn't that be cool as hell if these games started coming to the PSP? I certainly think so. So what if they are older games. What Nintendont doesn't do this for every system they create? I'm certain they do.

Last edited: