NBC Master Guide mook on sale 8/19 in Japan

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
enterbrain's going to release an NBC mook in Japan on 8/19 -- place your orders at your local Kinokuniya branch now:

title: NEO-GEO Battle Coliseum Master Guide
publisher: enterbrain
isbn#: 4-7577-2462-4
on sale: 8/19/2005
price: 1554 yen (tax included)

- detailed data for all fighting techniques / moves
- ending collection
- design works illustration collection
- versus battle strategies

--Chris

newhere

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Dash no Chris said:
enterbrain's going to release an NBC mook in Japan on 8/19 -- place your orders at your local Kinokuniya branch now:

title: NEO-GEO Battle Coliseum Master Guide
publisher: enterbrain
isbn#: 4-7577-2462-4
on sale: 8/19/2005
price: 1554 yen (tax included)

- detailed data for all fighting techniques / moves
- ending collection
- design works illustration collection
- versus battle strategies

--Chris

I want this. BADLY!! :crying:

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
it was written in one of those arcadia scans people posted a couple days ago

and no,i don't think speak japanese

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
I think I'll buy the SS Tenka mook (there should be one, right ?) even though I can't read Jap. Considering how much I'll pay for that game, spending a bit more money for something like that won't hurt.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Hmkay said:
I think I'll buy the SS Tenka mook (there should be one, right ?)
Not necessarily. We never got mooks for 5 or 5 special. And before someone says, "That was Yuki," don't forget KOF '01 and '02 were Eolith, and we got mooks for those.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
SouthtownKid said:
Not necessarily. We never got mooks for 5 or 5 special. And before someone says, "That was Yuki," don't forget KOF '01 and '02 were Eolith, and we got mooks for those.
I guess that's simply because KoF is a much more popular series.
Anyway, I bet there will be one for SS Tenka, we'll see.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Hmkay said:
I guess that's simply because KoF is a much more popular series.
Anyway, I bet there will be one for SS Tenka, we'll see.

SSTenka mook? you really think so? I don't see it happening, maybe for KOFXI.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
xtoo_short20x said:
SSTenka mook? you really think so? I don't see it happening, maybe for KOFXI.
SS Tenka is like the ultimate SS game, it's apparently made by Playmore themselves, and it's one of the few games they're making on the (short-lived ?) AW system... So I assume it's "special" enough to deserve a mook.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Any news on a NGBC OST release?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Game is out, so I don't see why not.

YO-YO-Boy

Benimaru's Hairdresser
how much do these mooks cost with shipping? best site to order mooks? & what does mook stand for?

Trevor spencer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
i want this bad is there anywhere in the states or UK thats gonna be stocking this cause trying to go throught japanese sites does my head in :conf:

slightly off topic but did they ever do a mook for garou MOTWs ?

Cain Highwind

Kula's Candy
Does anyone know a good (English/US) Online Retailer who sells these? I really want to pick one up myself.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
IMO, the simplest way for someone living in America to get an Arcadia mook is to order it from any U.S. branch of Kinokuniya bookstores. Just follow that link, pick one off the list (I've used the Los Angeles and San Francisco branches most frequently), and phone them up. Tell them where you're calling from and that you want to place a special order for a book from Japan. Give them the title, ISBN#, and publisher, then give them your name, mailing address, and work out the payment arrangements (they'll probably have you provide them with the credit card you want to charge it to). When the book comes in, they'll charge it and ship it out to you.

Title: enterbrain mook Arcadia Extra Vol. 22 NEO-GEO Battle Coliseum Master Guide
Publisher: enterbrain
ISBN#: 4-7577-2462-4
On Sale: 8/19/2005
Price: 1554 yen (tax included)

Kinokuniya will probably charge about $22.00 for the mook, plus a few bucks for shipping.
Trevor spencer said:
slightly off topic but did they ever do a mook for garou MOTWs ?
That was the first mook the Arcadia Editorial Department wrote, but since it was published by ASCII and not by enterbrain, it's not numbered in sequence with the rest of the Arcadia mooks. Here's the info:

Title: ASCII Mook Garou -Mark of the Wolves- Koushiki Guidebook
Publisher: ASCII
ISBN#:4-7561-3325-8
On Sale: 2/28/2000
Price: 1344 yen (tax included)

--Chris

AKscrube

Overtop Pathfinder
well, i did that before i posted...im just puzzled by the potential month wait time on it...

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
AKscrube said:
well, i did that before i posted...im just puzzled by the potential month wait time on it...
Hrm... could be that the Kinokuniya you spoke with wasn't planning to preorder it to have it in stock during the first few weeks of release. I'd suggest calling around to the different Kinokuniya branches to see if any of them have already planned to stock it.

You might also try contacting one of the U.S. branches of Asahiya bookstores.

--Chris

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
Don't get your hopes up about the MOTW mook: it is out of stock. Says so on the link provided.

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
hanafudaX said:
Don't get your hopes up about the MOTW mook: it is out of stock. Says so on the link provided.
True enough -- still worthwhile calling around to the U.S. branches of Kinokuniya and Asahiya to see if they still have an unsold copy in stock. Even tho' it's no longer available from the publisher, from time to time you'll run across some hidden treasure in one of the American branches.

--Chris

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
True enough -- still worthwhile calling around to the U.S. branches of Kinokuniya and Asahiya to see if they still have an unsold copy in stock.

Yeah. I wouldn't mind a copy myself...