Twinkle Star Sprites: La Petite Princesse.

BIG

sony fanboy
Being a big fan of the original,this was a no-brainer purchase for me.

Just fired it up about an hour ago,and I'm already lovin' it. Did anyone else pick this up?

B-

Kiken

Camel Slug
BIG said:
Being a big fan of the original,this was a no-brainer purchase for me.

Just fired it up about an hour ago,and I'm already lovin' it. Did anyone else pick this up?

B-

Yep, I got my copy yesterday. It came with a mini-manga. :)

I have to wonder if it's at all possible to play on-line using any of the local US servers/services.. instead of going through KDDI in Japan.

slerch666

updyke,
I had ordered it when I ordered Mushihime-sama, but canceled it when I had other things pop up that I had wanted to buy. $60 for a Playmore game, given their recent record of not so great games, or standard quality at best, I decided to wait for reviews, and hopefully, a cheaper price. ;)

If it's really as good as the original (or at least the port to the DC, since that's the one I have), I'll probably put it on my list and keep an eye on it for when I'm looking for another game to buy.

BIG

sony fanboy
Kiken said:
Yep, I got my copy yesterday. It came with a mini-manga. :)

I have to wonder if it's at all possible to play on-line using any of the local US servers/services.. instead of going through KDDI in Japan.

WTF? A mini manga?!

I got gypped :emb:

Ditto on US server/services...KDDI and its horrendous lag...ugh.

B-

PLECO

I am an old, old man. ,
BIG said:
WTF? A mini manga?!

I got gypped :emb:

Ditto on US server/services...KDDI and its horrendous lag...ugh.

B-

NCS is or was giving the mini Manga with the order.
But I think I will get it from Play-Asia.
I will save $3 when I order it with Mushihime Sama,and I also have a $5 coupon.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
My JPN copy arrived with Mushihime-sama a few days ago.

It took me a while to get used to graphics and presentation, but gameplay is ace, the old TSS feel is definitely there.

Good stuff.

Shibusawa

Quiz Detective
Only got this last week, never fortunate enough to play the original or DC release but this is a big surpirise to me. It 's really great. I love the gameplay even though waiting to blow stuff up has never been one of my stronger points, can't wait to delve a bit deeper and get a better understanding of it. The story bits intrigue me even though I can't understand anything. Looks fabulous anyway (and from screens quite different from the Neo version, which is now also on the Christmas list :D )

Didn't get past the level 6 boss/adversary (I think it's a little purple fella on a guitar) which keeps toasting me with a multitude of (home made?) fireballs. And I really wanted to get to the final level after seeing but more specifically hearing it on Kiken's Neo Shooting special (thought your little display was awesome, serious cutesy mayhem) but at least I still have that to look forward to.

In short: i love it.

BIG

sony fanboy
Shibusawa said:
Only got this last week, never fortunate enough to play the original or DC release but this is a big surpirise to me. It 's really great. I love the gameplay even though waiting to blow stuff up has never been one of my stronger points, can't wait to delve a bit deeper and get a better understanding of it. The story bits intrigue me even though I can't understand anything. Looks fabulous anyway (and from screens quite different from the Neo version, which is now also on the Christmas list :D )

Didn't get past the level 6 boss/adversary (I think it's a little purple fella on a guitar) which keeps toasting me with a multitude of (home made?) fireballs. And I really wanted to get to the final level after seeing but more specifically hearing it on Kiken's Neo Shooting special (thought your little display was awesome, serious cutesy mayhem) but at least I still have that to look forward to.

In short: i love it.

Heh,you can unlock the original game in the PS2 revision.

Don't ask me how,though ;)

B-

Shibusawa

Quiz Detective
That's neat as long as it doesn't require me to pull of something impossible. Anybody know what the requirements are ?

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Shibusawa said:
That's neat as long as it doesn't require me to pull of something impossible. Anybody know what the requirements are ?

If you actually have to play the computer, fuck that. The only fun I find in TSS is playing another human being.

Greywolf

Angel's Love Slave
Shibusawa said:
Anybody know what the requirements are ?

Taken from shmups.com:

Kiken said:
You need to unlock and then beat Character Mode with each of the following characters in order to unlock the original game: Really Till, Load Ran, Tenshin Mikoto.