ngbc hit japanese arcades today!

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
short impressions after 5 or so games today:

graphics seem cleaner, aliasing is the improvement i see but dont quote me on that (or bother to include comparisons of screens to show me that aliasing isnt the word i was looking for...) long story short, the graphics look a little better than the last loke i remember.

gameplay seems pretty tight though im not sure the ebb and flow of the game is gonna lend itself to fun. sure it seems tight, times and damage seem spot on (yes ive only played it for a little so far but it seems quite a bit better than the loke versions i played in terms of the timer, damage levels, tagging, etc) but the tag aspect at this early point as i theorized before seems to lend itself to turtling... ill have to see how it pans out in the cades over the coming months.

havent seen the end boss yet.. ill see if i can lay my eyes on him tomorrow.

hit sounds are a little out of place i find, i dont like the lack of tightness which remains the same way it was in the previous loke tests.. it doesnt feel kof 2k2 or rb2 tight (or even breakers tight) hard to put my finger on why but i think its the hit boxes and how they match up with the sprites or something related to that... best description i can come up with is blunt (versus the "tight" feel of the games i mentioned above).

im sure itll grow on me and i plan on putting much time into exploriing its depths...

any questions shoot, im sure over the next couple of weeks myself and the other members in japan can help answer them!!

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Forget technical details & nitpicking................is it cool as fuck or what??

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
When you say "tightness", you mean like the difference between SF Alpha games and CvS2, where CvS2 feels all wierd cuz it seemed like a cut and paste job compared to alpha games?

I know its waaay too early but which characters are looking strong?

And for the atmosphere question, How's the music(if you could hear it?

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
music, didnt notice it becoz i dont give a shit about music. ill keep an ear out for it tomorrow :)

tight like um... well as loathe as i am to say this the only thing it really reminds me of is svc...

is it cool as fuck? yeah it looks quite nice, cool roster and effects, looks quite polished. do i see the potential for it to make me like it more than rb2? no...

who's looking strong? saw a fiendish robot guy today (has some strange take a hit then counter/reversal move which seems to really be effective) with big damage, an aa throw, etc. marco is a zoning fiend with grenades that are almost impossible to jump over combined with crazy mixup from a distance with jumping in/the machine gun normal move/ground rocket special, etc.. hao does big big damage and can sit back and turtle and do really well...

anything else guys?

:)

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
M2O2E said:
Athena & Mars people were playable ?

nope, something that i didnt bother to read on the games instructions though about them which i assumed meant you had to unlock them by using aw points as the game has quite a bit of info about the aw site and cards etc...

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
The mention of SvC makes me sad. :(

/me readies himself for disappointment.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
How do the grapplers hold up to marco?

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
So it plays more like SVC Chaos than say King of Fighters 2002? What about King of Fighters 2003? I'm guessing they are using the same engine...

Celes

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Is it good enough to be on your top 5 SNK Fighter's list?

Any movies? :D

Asura

Hardened Shock Trooper
Top 5, What the Hell??? I could rank it Number 1 :buttrock: !!! It has a compilation of almost every SNK figthers games.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Asura said:
Top 5, What the Hell??? I could rank it Number 1 :buttrock: !!! It has a compilation of almost every SNK figthers games.

Its all 100% about engine now. Rightfully so also..

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
If the foundation of this game is SvC, I'd rather it not had been made.

Here's to hope that it won't suck donkey balls.

Asura

Hardened Shock Trooper
SVC wasn’t that bad in my opinion, at least I enjoyed. I think that the fun factor in this game is play all you’re favorites characters in one game, so for me that’s good enough.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Oh man! I gots Neogeobomberman and Tsukaesugiru tied up in my room right now playin some mad SS0special and Hyper street fighter.

Definately gonna hit some NGBC up tomorrow, thank you Beelzebubble, gotta try Chonrei out on that shit.

Gonna try some Ibara too, although I'm convinced it's not as good as Mushihimesama.