US Xbox to get Sam Sho V Special?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Just took a quick glance at the latest Tips & Tricks, saw a preview of Sam Sho V for the Xbox and read something along the lines of "The Xbox version will be superior to the arcade original."

So what's up, are we really getting Special or what?

edit: fuck, right after I posted this I remembered Special is Neo-geo only. meh, I don't have a clue what T&T meant then.

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Nah. It's an Xbox port of the PS2 Japanese port with additional combo moves it seems.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Kaioh said:
Are they translating the story parts at all?

I seriously doubt it. I want SSV Special ... SSV just doesn't do it for me. :crying:

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Actually, they are translating the storyline, and they intend to keep the blood red here.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Abster said:
Actually, they are translating the storyline, and they intend to keep the blood red here.

Sorry to butt in, but where is this news from?

I'm really hoping xbox live gets this game.

Extra combos??

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Man, I've gotta give props to Microsoft for supporting 2D like they are. I'll be picking this one up.

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
I got my answers from the SNK answer man when I asked him about it.

Dizzy11523

Camel Slug
15 Year Member
Michael Yagami said:
Man, I've gotta give props to Microsoft for supporting 2D like they are. I'll be picking this one up.

give props after we get a 2D SNK game.

Asura

Hardened Shock Trooper
Danm!! That's some good news for Xbox Owners... :buttrock:
Hope do the same thing with US PS2 owners as well. :drool:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Asura said:
Hope do the same thing with US PS2 owners as well. :drool:

Unfortunately they're not. PS2ers aren't getting Re-Bout either.

I think all we get is just NeoWave..

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
A PS2 version was planned, back when Samurai Shodown V was seen as a double pack. But since they scrapped the idea of a double pack for Samurai Shodown V, the U.S. PS2 release was also scrapped. SCEA just wont have single releases of SNK 2D arcade translations (I'm almost a bit shocked Neo-Wave is getting through, unless it somehow passes some idea that being from the AtomisWave gives them a better pull). Things look good for the english story-mode translation, though. I'm definitely keeping my eye on this one.

Last edited:

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Dizzy11523 said:
give props after we get a 2D SNK game.
You mean like Metal Slug 3?

Seriously, Microsoft seems to be the only company intrested in bring 2D to their current console. I respect them for that, even if they are just ports of Playmore games.

adolink

n00b
word of advice

Get a mod chip in your xbox, Fbaxxx plays all neo geo games! Better than any damn SNKP POORT. no gay ass black lines on the side of the screen! :buttrock:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
adolink said:
Get a mod chip in your xbox, Fbaxxx plays all neo geo games!

which is emulation, which is less than the quality of what SNKUSA will be delivering.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
LoneSage said:
which is emulation, which is less than the quality of what SNKUSA will be delivering.

And I guess he's also forgetting we were talking, the whole time, about stuff the original versions don't have.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
adolink said:
Get a mod chip in your xbox, Fbaxxx plays all neo geo games! Better than any damn SNKP POORT. no gay ass black lines on the side of the screen! :buttrock:

w00t w00t WORD

FUck you go and DIE DIE DIE DIE

meanwhile I'll play the emu and my MVS version. Oh wait a minute, the emu sucks compared to the MVS FUCK YOU

woo hoo

anyway..... I doubt that SSV will come out on the sex box and online. It's not on the SNKP website and it seems eons away anyway.

DREAM ON>

Dizzy11523

Camel Slug
15 Year Member
I'll believe it when I see it really. EB Games does have it on their release list. hmm...

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
SNK also has the game all over their website. No need to say they aren't doing it. Sure, it's a bit of time off, but everything else they said is coming out and not long from now, too.

Lyte Edge

Quartermaster,
The home version of SSV is "better" than the original since it lets you play as the mid-bosses Yumeji and Sankuro, and has a (well-done!) arranged soundtrack. I have the PS2 version, but I don't play it very often since I can play SSV Special instead, and the load times are actually fairly long for whatever reason. I don't think that will be a problem with the Xbox port though.

LoneSage said:

:kekeke:

No, no it's not. It's BETTER. :P The image quality is better thanks to filtering options and 480p support (which the ports don't have)

Plus you can then emulate SSV SPECIAL on Xbox. You know, the version of the game that we SHOULD be getting.

But at this point I don't even care. I'm waiting for SS Tenka on PS2 instead.

adolink

n00b
woahhh

Guess I pissed someone off!!!! Listen I have at least $4000 wraped up in my AES collection so I know that an emulator is no match for the real deal! What I was trying to say is that SNKPLAYMORE PORTS SUCK!!!!!! There just a company who has basically made a handfull of good games for the neo and rereleased a bunch of old school games on the new systems as ports! I feel that the ports do not play anything like the real thing! WoW fba is an emulator that can load unibios and is using all the same data stored in the rom chips that the neo uses. Ports are nothing but a return investment for a company that has bought the rights to SNK'S hard work! I have the utmost respect for the true arcade experience of the neo! But what I'm saying is that you can get a better arcade experience from your xbox with an emulator and the propper arcade sticks, than you will ever get from a shit ass port with loading times, redone music, unnessesary option menus, and other lame ass enhancements! But hey if you wanna go blow 50bucks every time a new port comes out so snkp can make a quick buck. More power to ya, but I'd rather put the bill twords my AES collection! oh and DIE DIE DIE, nice real nice! Be civil, this is a community ya know!?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
adolink said:
Ports are nothing but a return investment for a company that has bought the rights to SNK'S hard work!

E. Kawasaki, prez of Playmore, also ran SNK

I'd say he's just trying to milk the old programmers work, ala Capcom