PDA

View Full Version : Will any of the Atomiswave games be ported over to the new systems?

Capt. Lurker
07-25-2005, 04:35 PM
Just as the subject states.......

I am wondering about this. Can it be done? Will it be done for sure?

Has anyone heard anything about Atomiswave ports to the PS3 or new Xbox360?

I sure hope so, it will sure save me a consolized effort of an Atomiswave.

Amano Jacu
07-25-2005, 04:38 PM
Basically all the "big" titles for it, including the SNKP ones, will be ported to PS2. I doubt they'll bother with the next consoles as the PS2 is more than enough technically and I doubt the AW survives that long anyway.
Actually most of the "important" AW titles have already been ported to PS2 (Isuka, Neowave, Rumble Fish... ).

Mark of the Wolves
07-25-2005, 04:48 PM
It will be interesting to see what happens with the new consoles. SNK Playmore has said Maximum Impact 2 will be coming to Xbox 360, PSP, and I wouldn't doubt if it will land on PS3 as well. They haven't really said anything about 2D games though. My guess is they will just keep releasing them as PS2 games. Xbox is harder to really tell as it will basically be dead this fall.

Haohmaru777
07-25-2005, 06:11 PM
It will be interesting to see what happens with the new consoles. SNK Playmore has said Maximum Impact 2 will be coming to Xbox 360, PSP, and I wouldn't doubt if it will land on PS3 as well. They haven't really said anything about 2D games though. My guess is they will just keep releasing them as PS2 games. Xbox is harder to really tell as it will basically be dead this fall.

Yeah it will, (be interesting) I'm kind of waiting to see what happens before I get a 360 or a PS3.

Haohmaru777
07-25-2005, 06:14 PM
Just as the subject states.......

I am wondering about this. Can it be done? Will it be done for sure?

Has anyone heard anything about Atomiswave ports to the PS3 or new Xbox360?

I sure hope so, it will sure save me a consolized effort of an Atomiswave.

Hey man, do you happen to know what controllers will work on a consolized AW? I appreciate the help in advance.

Frankfurt
07-25-2005, 06:30 PM
If you´re expecting 2D fighters on the next gen consoles, you´re crazy. Both Sony and Microsoft require a minimum resolution higher than Guilty Gear´s.

Not even the new Hokuto no Ken fits the bill. They´ll have to move to something like the Lindenbergh and make graphics that match the board.

Even considering to port low res stuff like NGBC in those consoles is a joke.

Capt. Lurker
07-25-2005, 06:42 PM
Basically all the "big" titles for it, including the SNKP ones, will be ported to PS2. I doubt they'll bother with the next consoles as the PS2 is more than enough technically and I doubt the AW survives that long anyway.
Actually most of the "important" AW titles have already been ported to PS2 (Isuka, Neowave, Rumble Fish... ).

RUMBLE Fish....when, I haven't seen it?

Capt. Lurker
07-25-2005, 06:44 PM
Hey man, do you happen to know what controllers will work on a consolized AW? I appreciate the help in advance.

I don't have a consolized AW yet (hence the reason for my post), I have seen a variety of different ones listed as working. To include the OLD NEO stick.

Mark of the Wolves
07-25-2005, 07:10 PM
Both Sony and Microsoft require a minimum resolution higher than Guilty Gear´s.

What can I say, when they are right they are right.

jro
07-25-2005, 07:25 PM
RUMBLE Fish....when, I haven't seen it?

Here ya go- link (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-40-15-rumble%2Bfish-70-grj.html)

Amano Jacu
07-26-2005, 02:40 AM

Well, depends on how are controller ports wired. Normally regular Neo Geo controllers, and custom ones, should work, just as any supergun or consolized MVS. Take care that some AW games require 5 buttons so a Neo Geo controller is not really suited to it.

"Macho Man" Butta Supremo
07-26-2005, 08:08 AM
Neowave is supposedly on the way to Xbox live.

Lee Gray
08-04-2005, 12:48 PM
thats what i dislike you get a few games on one system and a couple on another and a couple on another so if you want to play all these games you have to own all the diff systems which then works out expensive.

i remember when i got the dreamcast and a few of the capcom games came out on it then they brought a few out on the playstation then found out a few more would come out on ps2 and i just couldnt be nbothered with all the hassle

I want to play the atomiswave games on a long life system so wish they would just release them all for the same system instead of a pic and mix.

Amano Jacu
08-04-2005, 12:53 PM
Lee, I'm pretty sure all the AW games ported to consoles will be to PS2. Maybe some console (like xbox) will also get versions of some games, but I doubt there will any exclusive game for a console other than PS2.

Kirk Foiden
08-04-2005, 01:47 PM
Well, the only time the PS2 loses out ,on an exclusive SNK title, is in the Western territories.

Lee Gray
08-04-2005, 02:02 PM
Lee, I'm pretty sure all the AW games ported to consoles will be to PS2. Maybe some console (like xbox) will also get versions of some games, but I doubt there will any exclusive game for a console other than PS2. thx, because i dont really know much about these system as never bothered, is the playstation 2 still got a few years ahead of it or ids the ps3 going to come out and then all the new titles go to that

also is there any collection games on the ps2 like all the marvel super heroes beat em ups or street fighter ones ? and are the games coded so you cant play US games on a UK machine

Amano Jacu
08-04-2005, 02:23 PM
Well, I forgot to mention that of course I was talking about japanese PS2, you need to mod your ps2 (or import a japanese one) to play them. I don't know if they'll have English version, and actually the xbox has a better chance to have thiese games in the western market.

Shawn Carr2o
08-05-2005, 03:13 AM
I rather get the AW consolized because I want a true arcade experience & not crappy ports. As soon as I get an AW motherboard I am getting it consolized. What AW kit should I get?. :conf: :cool:

All I need to do is get two 5-buttion joysticks & also two 5-buttion controllers to play the AW games. :) :cool:

CyberAkuma
08-05-2005, 02:17 PM
If you´re expecting 2D fighters on the next gen consoles, you´re crazy. Both Sony and Microsoft require a minimum resolution higher than Guilty Gear´s.

Not even the new Hokuto no Ken fits the bill. They´ll have to move to something like the Lindenbergh and make graphics that match the board.

Even considering to port low res stuff like NGBC in those consoles is a joke.

And when you put it in that light, the most likely candidate of the new systems is probably going to be Nintendo's "Revolution", which definitely doesn't seem to be against the idea of 2D gaming (thanks to that whole "Virtual Console" thing). With the Rev supposedly going to have a relatively easy development process, plus Progressive scan being the highest resolution available, this defintely seems like the type of console that SNK could dig easily.

Heck, SNK has, according to some reports, already shown interest in the system, and may have been among the first to recieve the dev kits (but just won't announce anything until Nintendo gives the green light). So, I predict that the PS2 will still get some of the latter releases too before it finally dies off, but SNK will eventually take all of its 2D operations elsewhere. And for the first time in a decade+, it's looking to be on Nintendo's hardware. Good thing I'll be getting that with some other system...

Amano Jacu
08-05-2005, 03:31 PM
I just hope there's a decent controller for the revolution for those games if they get actually released there...

Anyway, taking care that both PS3 and 360 will be backwards compatible with PS2 and Xbox, I don't see why can't SNKP just release the games for these consoles and that's all... They should still be around for some years, maybe even more than the AW life.

Hmkay
08-05-2005, 03:38 PM
I think it's way too early to say stuff like SNK games are going to be mainly ported on Nintendo's new system... I just can't believe it either.

CyberAkuma
08-06-2005, 12:28 AM
Maybe so, but, and I'm trying to speak on this from as far as away from a "slant" as possible (well, I am biased for 2D-gaming ^_^), you can't deny that recent developments may point in this direction.

Sony's hardware may be backwards compatible, sure, but the way they've been "treating" SNK, like they do in the States, is probably only going to get worse; especially now that an American, from the SCEA no less, is now in charge of the entirety of the company. Even if they do allow for the continuing releases for the PS2, who's to say that circumstances may push SNK to be forced to do more bundle packs & reduced prices to meet Sony's regulations for releases on the old hardware? SNK shouldn't have to put up with the likes of that, as it would only seek to cut into its profits.

And then there's Microsoft, along with their take on "backwards compatibility". Only certain games will actually use this feature, you say? What are my bids that the Xbox's small amount of 2D titles will end up being more than likely the ones getting the short straw with this arrangement, seeing that they're quite low on their overall demographic's food chain any way? Also, while the PS2 may hover around as an "elderly system", I wouldn't be so quick to say the same for the XBox. It seems that Microsoft and the majority of its fanbase couldn't be happier to jump ship with a fresh new start and phase out the old hardware as much as possible. And when that happens, SNK and its wares will be the least of what many people will concern themselves with, and I also doubt that SNK will press on with developing for the XBox itself. Maybe more of the likes of say, KOF MI 2 for the 360 will still be a nice way of doing business...

I'm not saying Nintendo is perfect, or that they're going to sweep the next gen, but with the whole "retro" charm of the upcoming system, it does seem to be the next gen console that would be perhaps most ideal if SNK wanted to be able to develop and port their 2D games without the likes of Sony's rather harsh edicts, or being victim to Microsoft's 3D game favoring hardware which may just as soon cut off SNK's 2D gaming entirely.

Of course, if Sega Sammy ever got the idea to really "console-ize" the Atomiswave hardware in the future (meaning actually making a console out of the hardware, like SNK did with their stuff), I'm sure SNK would be all too pleased to back 'em up on that, and I certainly wouldn't be either, if the price was reasonable enough. ^_^

Amano Jacu
08-06-2005, 05:00 AM
Sony's hardware may be backwards compatible, sure, but the way they've been "treating" SNK, like they do in the States, is probably only going to get worse; especially now that an American, from the SCEA no less, is now in charge of the entirety of the company. Even if they do allow for the continuing releases for the PS2, who's to say that circumstances may push SNK to be forced to do more bundle packs & reduced prices to meet Sony's regulations for releases on the old hardware? SNK shouldn't have to put up with the likes of that, as it would only seek to cut into its profits.

As you say this happens in USA, but not in Japan. These games still sell well there and are still played in the arcades. So I bet they will be released in Japan. If there's no USA version thn just import them.

Of course, if Sega Sammy ever got the idea to really "console-ize" the Atomiswave hardware in the future (meaning actually making a console out of the hardware, like SNK did with their stuff), I'm sure SNK would be all too pleased to back 'em up on that, and I certainly wouldn't be either, if the price was reasonable enough. ^_^

A snowball in hell has a better chance than this. If you want to use the real Atomiswave at home, just buy the arcade board, games get cheap enough after some time.

Fygee
08-06-2005, 06:29 AM
Sony's hardware may be backwards compatible, sure, but the way they've been "treating" SNK, like they do in the States, is probably only going to get worse; especially now that an American, from the SCEA no less, is now in charge of the entirety of the company.

Actually, he's not American. He's British or Australian, not sure which. I saw a video of him speaking at a news conference and he definetely did not sound American in any way.

FLADIPO
08-06-2005, 11:01 AM
I really hate this part!!!! Ports usually end up shitty but i hope they send a few over to the new systems, anything that will fund them to make more games is fine by me

DXMachina
08-12-2005, 03:30 AM
I rather get the AW consolized because I want a true arcade experience & not crappy ports. As soon as I get an AW motherboard I am getting it consolized. What AW kit should I get?. :conf: :cool:

All I need to do is get two 5-buttion joysticks & also two 5-buttion controllers to play the AW games. :) :cool:

And why are the ports so crappy? Have you played them?