Need help replacing Z80 and Sony video chips.

C.A.R25

Genjuro's Frog
I got 2 MV-1F boards that need repairs... one needs it's Z80 chip replaced and another needs the Sony video chips replaced....

... even though I have new chips ready to go in, I don't have the skill, experience or even confidence to attempt this job. From the looks of it, this kina thing requires serious detail. If I made a mistake it would screw up the contacts etc and present more problems.

Is there someone here who won't mind replacing these chips for me? If anything I will try to find a local place that has that kind of electrical experience.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Well I like helping fellow neo members out, I replace the chips on one board for you for free, you just have to pay for shipping both ways. I have to charge you at least $20 for the other considering I work 48 hours a week and would only have time to do this on my off day. Before you ask yes I can do it, I have done it before and doing this kind of stuff is my occupation. By the way I am sure you could save yourself some time and a little money if you did it yourself, this would be a good learning experience for you.