Modded Neo AES Problem!

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I have an AES (serial #17314), that has been modded with the NeoBitz board and the UNI-BIOS 2.0. It was perfectly functional before the mod, but now after playing for a while, it will reset without warning. It can go for long periods of play without doing the reset, or sometimes it will start doing it after only a few minutes. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Adamaki

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Sounds like something may be shorting or a bad connection. Did you get an led installed in the reset button? Who did the mod?

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
On those older model Neo systems, SNK put some bypass caps on the bottom on the power jack. They bend them over to make them fit, however, I have seen a few of these that were not sitting properly and were shorting out. If you feel like opening your Neo, check these caps.

If you think it's something with the Neobitz, I can check it out for you. If it's one that I've installed, I will check the installation to make sure I didn't goof (hey, I'm human too) -- if it's my error, I'll cover the shipping charges. If it's someone else's install, I can still check it out for you, but you'll need to cover shipping.

I'm a little backed up at the moment as I've been away on some personal matters, but I'm catching back up...

Jeff

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I did have it done directly by you Jeff! Awesome video quality BTW! It's not a totally serious problem, I can still play for long periods of time, but it is a little irritating when it resets during a VS. match with your friends. I will open this baby up and see what's going on! Thanks guys!

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
It could also be a problem with your power supply, not the system.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The LED mod was done perfectly, with insulated wires. My power supply is brand new, bought from japangamesnow, and it's working fine. However, Jeff is 100% right, it was the capacitor right under the power plug. It was bent over to the right, which made it short out on the board! Rediculous. I guess that's why they kept making revisions of the board! Thanks a million Jeff, and you other guys!

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Guess what... that cap wasn't the problem. It still reset on me after about 10 minutes on Fatal Fury 3! Help!!!

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Wiggle the power plug to see if it resets on you. I've had a few systems that all they needed was the jack resoldered. If not, we'll need to look further in, like the reset button itself, or the power circuit. The replacement power adapter should be fine.

I replied to your PM.

Jeff