Nanostray

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I literally had to blow the dust of my DS, but this makes it worth owning for me.

about 100x better than either of the iridion games. Decent scoring system, and some tough bullet patterns, I'm really digging it right now.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I can't find it anywhere. Where'd you buy it at?

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Toys R Us seems to have copies of it everywhere, while gamestop, and EB didn't get it, wierd. Mine had like 5 copies.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Lashujin said:
Toys R Us seems to have copies of it everywhere, while gamestop, and EB didn't get it, wierd. Mine had like 5 copies.

*shakes fist at local Toys R Us*
I went to the Toys R Us down the street from my apartment last night in hopes of finding a copy of Nanostray, and a friend of mine who works in the r-zone thingie there couldn't even find the title in his computer there.

I've also had no luck at Gamestop and EB, so I'll wait a few more days on GS and then just maybe end up getting it online.

I can't help but wonder if this has anything to do with Majesco's current legal and financial issues.

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
jro said:
I can't help but wonder if this has anything to do with Majesco's current legal and financial issues.

Seems likely, definitely pick it up though

I hate when they force a stupid stylus-control into the game when it does NOT fit...

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
brentsg said:
I hate when they force a stupid stylus-control into the game when it does NOT fit...

I really don't find it that bothersome in here though - it still would have been better on a button, but I'm getting used to it

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
I got this a few days ago and have been playing it pretty steadily. As far as handheld shooters go, this game is great.
I'd say it's a must-buy for DS owners, if you can find it.(I got mine at EB)

If you're having trouble finding a copy, it's possibly due to the fact that Majesco is having their pants sued off right now and there are widespread rumours of the company declaring bankruptcy.
The bankruptcy part may just be a rumour, though..

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I could pick up a couple copies at my Toys R Us if anybody needs one

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I picked it up the other day and think it's great.

I don't play shooters, so I can't give a in-depth review or compare it to other games of the genre, but I know a fun game when I play one.

The graphics are quite exceptional, I think.

DS may be lacking in visual prowess when compared to the PSP, but this is still a very pretty game.

As I said, I don't play shooters too often, so I'm not quite fit to judge the overall difficulty level of the game, but I had a decent challenge trying to get through it all.

And I'm sure as hell not going to be able to one credit it for a while.

I've read that this game had an extremely limited release, due to Majesco's financial problems, so if you have the chance to pick up multiple copies, you probably should and play the "let me sell this for a stupidily large amount of money on ebay game."

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Because of Majesco's financial situation, I believe right now they can only afford to distribute them at GameStop and Toys R Us. No EB Games.

*salute*

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
LoneSage said:
Because of Majesco's financial situation, I believe right now they can only afford to distribute them at GameStop and Toys R Us. No EB Games.

*salute*

Lying about the company's financial condition to shareholders probably didn't help anything (leading, of course, to the lawsuit that is currently pending against Majesco and Mr. ex-CEO who I can't think of right now).

It'll be too bad to see them fold, since they tend to take chances on unique games (i.e. Advent Rising, even with all its flaws; Phantom Dust; Raze's Hell; releasing a 2-D shooter when the genre really isn't all that popular, various others).

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Gamespots review of this game wasn't so hot, but i must admit the game looks amazing graphically.

I heard the levels were a bit repetetive/boring, is this true? Also what kind of powerups are availabe? I'm aware of the 4 different weapons but can each one become more powerful?

Either way i'll have to search around for this game.

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Lagduf said:
Gamespots review of this game wasn't so hot, but i must admit the game looks amazing graphically.

I heard the levels were a bit repetetive/boring, is this true? Also what kind of powerups are availabe? I'm aware of the 4 different weapons but can each one become more powerful?

Either way i'll have to search around for this game.

Each weapon has 2 firing modes (sort of like ddp, but two buttons) and then you have a bomb.

One of the firing modes has limited ammo, but it gets replenished everytime you destroy wave of popcorns.

The weapons are:
A straight ahead shot, a sort-of bending line shot, tracking lightning shot, and a sideways shot. As I said each of these is really two weapons in one.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I finally found a copy. Went to check out the new Rhino Games in Firestone on my lunch break, and they had Nanostray along with multiple copies of Riviera for GBA. Pretty damn impressive having both those games in stock!

So anyway, my unopened copy of NS is sitting in my desk drawer, looking forward to playing it tonight. Even if the invisible barriers are annoying as hell, I'll buy pretty much anything that keeps the 2-D light burning.