Wierd Happening with Dolphin Blue

ajk1080

Ukyo's Doctor
Sup techs!

I got a copy of Dolphin Blue from Ebay from a seller in Mexico for a great price. In all shipping and the cart was around $100. The wierd thing is, that the botton of the label was razored off(the serial number is still on it, but the little region marking is not).

Now everything works perfectly(sound, gameplay, graphics) except for one thing. When I slect the options menu of the MoBo with the cart in it the menu's controlls get all jacked up. Everyother AW cart I have controls with the joystick to highlight the option and shot1 to choose the option. With DB, I have to use the "Credit" and "Test" button on my cab to do this. Is this standard with DB or could a AW cart have been booted?!? Another member on these boards bought a similar AW cart from the same seller and hasnt tested it yet, but said the label was razored off, just like mine.

Am I paranoid or is DB options controls jacked up?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
ajk1080 said:
Sup techs!

I got a copy of Dolphin Blue from Ebay from a seller in Mexico for a great price. In all shipping and the cart was around $100. The wierd thing is, that the botton of the label was razored off(the serial number is still on it, but the little region marking is not).

Now everything works perfectly(sound, gameplay, graphics) except for one thing. When I slect the options menu of the MoBo with the cart in it the menu's controlls get all jacked up. Everyother AW cart I have controls with the joystick to highlight the option and shot1 to choose the option. With DB, I have to use the "Credit" and "Test" button on my cab to do this. Is this standard with DB or could a AW cart have been booted?!? Another member on these boards bought a similar AW cart from the same seller and hasnt tested it yet, but said the label was razored off, just like mine.

if it's a boot

this could be the start of something reallly ugly for SNKp

northernsoul

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
I have similar deal with my Dolphin Blue. With Demolish Fist i just use the joystick and button one. But, with Dolphin Blue i have to use button one to scroll in config mode, and 1 player start to select. I have to hold the start button to select and press it quick to return. I know my cart is original, so i think this might be unique to Dolphin Blue.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
ajk1080 said:
With DB, I have to use the "Credit" and "Test" button on my cab to do this. Is this standard with DB or could a AW cart have been booted?!? Another member on these boards bought a similar AW cart from the same seller and hasnt tested it yet, but said the label was razored off, just like mine.

This is normal....doesn't mean its not retarded as hell 0f them to do that though...but mine did the same thing. No worries.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
It's normal. Not all games support aditional controls for the options menu. This is actually mentioned in my AW FAQ.

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
roker said:
if it's a boot

this could be the start of something reallly ugly for SNKp

When did SNKp start having anything to do with the manufacture of the AtomisWave?

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
J0e Musashi said:
When did SNKp start having anything to do with the manufacture of the AtomisWave?

Possibly when the AW manufacturer, Sammy, bought SNKP and SNKP announced all their new arcade games would be for AW.
As much as SNKP is not involved itself in manufacturing the AW, if the games they make for it get bootlegged it would harm them.

wrx2hot4u

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hi Guys,

I was the user who alerted akj1080 to the issue.

1. The Item on ebay was described as "NEW" which it is clearly not. I didn't notice from the ebay pic cos im a newb to AW.

*Brand new, open to take a picture for e-bay!!!!!* LOL WHAT A SCAMMER.

Here is the link to my auction:- http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8199514674&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

2. The label has been razored off at the bottom? A little too strange for me to not say anything. WHY???? I must ask! Cos this guy has sold the same thing to more then 1 person.

Well I have reported him to Ebay for "Item Not as Described" and to Paypal. I think I can also dispute the payment on my credit card.

I don't care if the cart was cheap, does make scamming people OK. I didn't even notice the guy asking about shipping down the bottom cos I got stung with postage as well.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
wrx2hot4u said:
2. The label has been razored off at the bottom? A little too strange for me to not say anything. WHY???? I must ask! Cos this guy has sold the same thing to more then 1 person.

It's clear you are a n00b. This is a very common practice in the sales of arcade stuff. It is done in order to prevent backtracking of the sale, as it is often illegal to sell arcade games to particular people or outside of the region it was designed for. You are lucky it's not the entire serial number what was cut off, which is actually the most usual thing. This happens all the time with MVS carts.

About your ebay complaint, well, for the price you got it for I still think it is a good deal, and the postage was clearly stated in the auction (another story is if this is what he paid to the Mexican post). You are right it was not "new", but well... do whatever you want.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
wrx2hot4u said:
Hi Guys,

I was the user who alerted akj1080 to the issue.

1. The Item on ebay was described as "NEW" which it is clearly not. I didn't notice from the ebay pic cos im a newb to AW.

*Brand new, open to take a picture for e-bay!!!!!* LOL WHAT A SCAMMER.

Here is the link to my auction:- http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8199514674&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

Well I have reported him to Ebay for "Item Not as Described" and to Paypal. I think I can also dispute the payment on my credit card.

I don't care if the cart was cheap, does make scamming people OK. I didn't even notice the guy asking about shipping down the bottom cos I got stung with postage as well.

even with the crazy shipping...$100 for a Dolphin Blue cart with the serials cut off is a good deal. I'd be happy.

wrx2hot4u

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Amano Jacu said:
It's clear you are a n00b. This is a very common practice in the sales of arcade stuff.QUOTE]

:lol: BZZZZZZZ Wrong! I have been collecting arcade gear for 10 years now and have never come across people who deface arcade stuff because there selling it out of region or selling it full stop. There is no law that states a person can't sell media out of region UNLESS you are a operator or supplier then thats totally different.

I am however a newb when it comes to AW as i said and I agree the price was cheap.

BUT

I don't advertise something as being NEW and go on to say "only opened to take a pic for Ebay" and NOT say "yeah and defaced for "legal" reason" lol

Thats all I have a problem with :glee: yes postage was stated but when I rec'd the package it was half that? owell some people like to charge for there time to waddle there fat ass down to post office I guess.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
wrx2hot4u said:
:lol: BZZZZZZZ Wrong! I have been collecting arcade gear for 10 years now and have never come across people who deface arcade stuff because there selling it out of region or selling it full stop. There is no law that states a person can't sell media out of region UNLESS you are a operator or supplier then thats totally different.

Sorry, YOU are a n00b at this site, so STFU, I don't care if you collected arcade stuff. :D

Now seriously. Well, I don't know what's your source of MVS stuff, but it is very common to get them with scratched serials for the reasons I stated. Even if you don't get them directly from a supplier that has to do that, it is possible that originally this happened to it. And for the record, that ebay seller is a Mexican distributor that is not supposed to sell outside his area.

wrx2hot4u

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Sorry... I thought you meant I was a newb to "arcade stuff" ;)

Yes I guess I am still considered to be a newb on this site, I have only been around since 2004.

Yes I totally agree about the serials being sratched off neo geo carts, I have a number of carts with serials scracthed off. I have 70 Carts in my collection pretty small I guess but a start. lol

I guess my point is I hate sellers who lye about what there selling. Thats all.

cheers for the info tho.

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Yeah, no problem, sorry for my previous comment ;)

As I said the label got damaged for the same reason as some MVS carts, and I agree the seller should have stated that. Unfortunately this is quite a common practice in ebay too (and also the shipping overcharge). You might want to try a complaint, or mention it when you leave feedback for the seller.

wrx2hot4u

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Dolphin Blue

Don't sweat it :)

Narr not worth reporting to Ebay, they don't do shit about it. I did do a follow to my feedback I left the seller stating the facts tho.

Thanks again for the info. I am keen to learn about AW stuff.