Cabinet Restoration Help

doggydodomi

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I have finally got myself a cab! It is a Ok Baby 29". The exterior are mostly yellowed, I used Nuxus 3 and 2 and was able to remove some yellowing. The metal part, I have intended to strip and repaint. Is there any way to remove the yellowing completely?? Thank!

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
doggydodomi said:
I have finally got myself a cab! It is a Ok Baby 29". The exterior are mostly yellowed, I used Nuxus 3 and 2 and was able to remove some yellowing. The metal part, I have intended to strip and repaint. Is there any way to remove the yellowing completely?? Thank!
yellowing is basically impossible to remove from plastics.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
stuffmonger said:
yellowing is basically impossible to remove from plastics.

Yep..

Your going to need to paint those parts too as a fellow member here did to his Candy cab and it came out Sweet!!

doggydodomi

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Thank you All! I tried many many plastic polishers, no help at all - The yellowing CANNOT be removed :(

So I guess the only way is to repaint it. I trying to get plastic paint..no help that not one store here in Singapore carry it. Before I order online, I like to know is the finishing of plastic paint like Kryton Fusion nice? I saw the repainted Candy but I not how it is like closeup.

Thank all once again!