KOF NEO WAVE famitsu score

Dizzy11523

Camel Slug
15 Year Member
The King of Fighters NeoWave (PS2, SNK Playmore): 7 / 7 / 6 / 7 - (27/40)

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
HATERZ!!!1!11!!

Damn, why the low score? I thought Japan loved KOF 2k2/Neowave....

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Violent Ryo said:
HATERZ!!!1!11!!

Damn, why the low score? I thought Japan loved KOF 2k2/Neowave....

probably because it's not that different from KOF 2k2

that's just my guess

I haven't spent any time with it, but most user reviews point toward that direction

that and it barely uses the power of the Atomiswave

JLoZeppelie

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I don't care the Famitsu score............
For me this game rulez because Angel is in :loco: :drool_2: :make_fac:

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Quite low scores there... well, I have no arcade with KoF AW near me, so I will have to wait until the PS2 port is in my hands.

Btw., I find it quite surprising that ppl bash on KoF AW because of its similarity to 2k2, which most rate as the best KoF ever. Rehash? Oh man, not that one again... who says rehashes couldn't have good gameplay?

Too bad AW kits are still very expensive, I'd really love to play KoF AW and the other new games on the real thing...

Last edited:

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Takumaji said:
Btw., I find it quite surprising that ppl bash on KoF AW because of its similarity to 2k2, which most rate as the best KoF ever. Rehash? Oh man, not that one again... who says rehashes couldn't have good gameplay?

Exactly man, thats why I said I thought the Japanese loved KOF 2002, so I couldnt understand why NW got low scores.

They should judge the game upon its gameplay which is top notch since it is basically KOF 2002 with tweaks and new grooves, and I think has better balance.

They should not judge the game on its similarity to 2002, which is a ''no shit'' because thats a given with this game.

You should already know that before pressing start playing NW.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
Violent Ryo said:
Of course not bro, but the score did throw me off considering the following KOF 2002/NW has in Japan.

yes,but famitsu is not arcadia is it ? :)

and well,i don't think they judge or should judge a game depending on how "popular" it is ?

mushi sama didn't get a superb score,same happened with espgaluda

while dodon DOJ was a 37 or 38 / 40 game in their opinion

why? they're all good ports

so bottom line : famitsu score don't mean anything

it's not like we should care about the neowave port anyway,cos it's got all that extra rubbish in it like seth,may lee etc :p

SNKjr

NEST Puppet
Fran said:
yes,but famitsu is not arcadia is it ? :)

and well,i don't think they judge or should judge a game depending on how "popular" it is ?

mushi sama didn't get a superb score,same happened with espgaluda

while dodon DOJ was a 37 or 38 / 40 game in their opinion

why? they're all good ports

so bottom line : famitsu score don't mean anything

it's not like we should care about the neowave port anyway,cos it's got all that extra rubbish in it like seth,may lee etc :p
Very good point mate.

Akihabara

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Famitsu is a very critical game magazine and this game does not deserve any higher then a 7. If they would give this game a 8 or 9 they would make a fool out of themselves. NGBC for example is already a much,much better game, then they have to give that game a 10 or something. It's ridicilous and Neowave IS a rushed product that could have been done much better.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Akihabara said:
It's ridicilous and Neowave IS a rushed product that could have been done much better.

That could be said about any product out there.

I mean, they have to start somewhere...

Akihabara

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Not on hardware like Atomiswave, if you see what they are doing now with NGBC and SST

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Fran said:

Of course not, and thats not what I refer to in that sense. I simply meant that everyone knows 2k2/NW is a great game gameplay-wise.

And yeah Akhi, I get what you are saying regarding Fam's reputation/industry standard.

But I also agree with Takuma ji.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
THE reason they are able to do NGBC is because they released Neo Wave to get funds and a feel of the Atomiswave.

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Mark of the Wolves said:
THE reason they are able to do NGBC is because they released Neo Wave to get funds and a feel of the Atomiswave.

Just like SVC was for KOF 2003/other releases after.

Akihabara

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Which still doesn't make it a reason to give it a better score, but I get your point.
KOF NeoWave is not a BAD game, and actually pretty damn popular, especially when it just got released. It's just not more then a 7.
Hey if I got a 7 in school, I was damn proud!

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
I used to read Famitsu every week. A disturbing trend about their reviews, the more money the developer has the higher the score. Their scores are way off, especially for arcade games.

You should have seen them tear apart Garou for DC when it was released. I read the review at the store, said the three "grooves" were cool, but it is a game for the fans and nothing new really.

I'm looking forward to it.

Ug Lee

n00b
The most important review in my eyes is my own. I love Neowave and can't wait to pick it up on console. :buttrock:

Violent Ryo

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Bleh, I was considering a subscription to Famitsu via import site.

Ordered a copy a week or so ago.

I won't be able to read it, but mainly got it to keep up with Japanese releases, especially 2D ones for all platforms.

But Fam sounds like the Japanese version of EGM.

Bleh...

Arcadia sounds hot tho, but they only deal with Arcade releases. =/

Why don't reviewers ever use the ''nothing new'' cliche with gay ass 3D games/fighters? Those shits are definately nothing new or fun.