Batrider can be a cruel mistress

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Trying to 1 CC the normal course...

Went into stage 5 with all 3 lives...TOTALLY dropped the ball less than 30 seconds before the boss. Dies twice for no damn reason....had only 1 life for the last boss, who smoked me halfway through. So close...yet so far away.

REALLY thought I had it this time.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Are you getting the 1up from the hovercraft?

Which boss(es) are you getting at the end of the stage?

You know I'll get you through this one buddy. :cool:

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Ok, trying to do the same for a few days and reached the same last boss as well. ;) This game's pretty exciting, even if I said the old Raizing aren't my cup of tea.

I find Batrider really fair, hard, but fair. You just have to be careful to the small bullets you can't almost see. The last level is hard as hell compared to the other ones though.

Keep us informed of your progress.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
I personally use the "team edit": Shorty, Strawman and Adam. I find it to be a pretty well-balanced team and usually gets me out of many tough situations. But heh, only your skill will get you outta here. If you have a hard time, just take ships with aiming missiles, it's quite helpful in some cases.

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
Batrider is over rated... ;)

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
VanillaThunder said:
Batrider is over rated... ;)

Blasphemer!

[grabbing pitchforks and lighting torches]

Spike: I forgot to do that with the hovercraft...you have to destroy it with a bomb correct? Plus, I had all 3 lives at that point anyway, so it wouldn't have done anyhing. As far as the last boss goes, I only got to the big red guy which is when I died. He should be the only boss though, considering the level order I play. Hopefully gonna' give it another go tonight.

Diavle18: I use only Strawman type A

Dewclaw

n00b
Batrider is one of my favorite shooters ever. Personally I like to use Tag-T with the B button selection to power up his option shot, along with Golden(c button) and Wild Snail(start button). I'm not very good at shmups in general, but once with Tag-T I not only one credited normal course, I one-lifed it! :buttrock: The only 1cc I've ever gotten and I'll probably never duplicate the performance.

Anyway, like Tristesse says Batrider is hard but fair. Except for that ninja(Tsumuji I believe). Even if I COULD see the kunai he throws against the background, they're so fast I probably wouldn't be able to dodge em anyway. What an ass.

Diavle18

Banger regnaB,
Tristesse said:
But heh, only your skill will get you outta here.

Taking into account how much I suck at shmups, I know that all too well.

Thanks for the suggestions ppl, I'll give em a try.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
pixeljunkie said:
Blasphemer!

[grabbing pitchforks and lighting torches]

Spike: I forgot to do that with the hovercraft...you have to destroy it with a bomb correct? Plus, I had all 3 lives at that point anyway, so it wouldn't have done anyhing. As far as the last boss goes, I only got to the big red guy which is when I died. He should be the only boss though, considering the level order I play. Hopefully gonna' give it another go tonight.

Diavle18: I use only Strawman type A

You just have to make sure that you dont destroy the hovercraft until it stops at the end of the road, a bomb is not required.

Also if you are getting Envy (the big red robot) you have to change the order of the levels you pick. Choose the sewers for you second level and you will face Sobut (the green robot) who is just a joke compared to the other bosses in teh game.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Spike said:
Choose the sewers for you second level...

hmnmmm, thought I did that. Well, hopefully I can play it again sometime this week...the whole girlfriend thing really makes shmup devotion difficult. :loco:

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
pixeljunkie said:
He should be the only boss though, considering the level order I play.

What, you can choose the level order?? Never heard of it! Please explain to me how you can do it.

Personally I like to use Tag-T with the B button selection to power up his option shot, along with Golden(c button) and Wild Snail(start button)

What the hell is this?? I always choose my ships with A button but you can change there balance with the others buttons when selecting??

Sorry to sound like a noob but I just don't get it all.

Dewclaw

n00b
If I remember correct, whenever you get to the menu to choose whether you wanna play trial, normal or advance mode, select the option by pressing A and B at the same time. Then it'll ask you if you wanna select the level order.

As for the character selection:

A button: Strong shot, weak option, normal speed
B button: Weak shot, strong option, normal speed
C button: Strong shot and option, slow speed
Start button: Weak shot and option, high speed

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Dewclaw said:
If I remember correct, whenever you get to the menu to choose whether you wanna play trial, normal or advance mode, select the option by pressing A and B at the same time. Then it'll ask you if you wanna select the level order.

As for the character selection:

A button: Strong shot, weak option, normal speed
B button: Weak shot, strong option, normal speed
C button: Strong shot and option, slow speed
Start button: Weak shot and option, high speed

I believe thats correct

Also @ Tristesse, I have the Korean "B" version. You can set the dipswitches to allow you to select the order of levels as well as team edit, extra characters, etc.