Looking to import Ikaruga for my DC

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
What's the best/cheapest way to do this? Thanks for your help you shooter loving bastards. :)

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Buy the Gamecube version. It's much cheaper and in English.
icon12.gif

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Kiken said:
With the GameCube version, you get what you pay for... an inferior port that is riddled with glitches.

NCSX are currently selling the DC rev for $60 new:
http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/T-38706M.html
Yeah... i noticed that... a rush job i guess, the ship has a slight judder to it too...albeit VERY slight...good job ive got my 'as new' copy for the o'l dreamycast yay!... :D
Btw....try www.ravengames.co.uk they still have sealed ones left.

Kiken

Camel Slug
Jedah Doma said:
Really, how so? It seemed like it was done well, but I've never played the arcade or DC version.

Wind Laser glitches abound in the GC version, and depending on which territory rev you have changes how bad these are (Japan=least affected; US=moderately affected.. several noticable glitches, particularly in Chapter 3; Euro PAL=greatly affected, players can't lock onto Eboshidori during his third form).

There's also the numerous audio glitches... the most apparent being the misscue of the music in Chapter 1. You also have the constant dropped Chain Confirmation audio which I find VERY distracting, as it forces me to change my focus of attention to the chain counters to check and make sure that I nailed the chain. This doesn't happen in the NAOMI and DC versions... every chain you nail gets a vocal confirmation... even if it's truncated by a following chain.

The slowdown issue is more noticeable in the Yoko modes than in Tate. The GC rev drops to 2 frames per second during the boss explosions when in Tate mode. The GC version overall does not look as refined graphically as the DC version (which looks absolutely AMAZING in VGA).

Chapter 3 suffers from numerous display issues including:
3x3 formations of Utatsugumi completely disappearing during their transition out of the background to the foreground (easily seen in the preface).
The backgrounds do not fully map to the edge of the screen causing pop-out at the bottom, located after the telop.

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Thanks for your help. I probably would get it on Gamecube except I don't exactly have one. I'm suprised they put it out on Gamecube instead of PS2.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Weevus said:
Thanks for your help. I probably would get it on Gamecube except I don't exactly have one. I'm suprised they put it out on Gamecube instead of PS2.

I believe they had their sights set on PS2 initially, but had a problem transfering the code (this is what I heard back when the port was in early stages for the GC)

subcons

I take no official position on the issue.,
Poo on the GC port. It just feels wrong after playing the DC port.

If you already have a DC, just buy it and use a boot disc of some sort (Utopia is most popular), then you should be in business.