Games you currently play:

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Just curious what you spend your time on. I only play shmups nowadays so there's a good bunch of games I play at the same time.

Mars Matrix
Hotdog Storm
R-Type
R-Type III
Super R-Type
Armed Police Batrider
Sonic Wings
Cotton 100%
Raystorm

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Ketsui
Guwange
Strikers 99
ESPgaluda

BIG

sony fanboy
ESP Ra.De.
Guwange
Cyvern
Pro-Gear
DDP II
Ketsui

B-

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
I like a bit of variety....shooter...beat-em-up...fps etc...i cannot dwell on one particular title for long periods of time..,although i did try it a while back with 'strikers 1945 plus' NGH....This game still owns me heh. :D

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
Just Area 88 for me. Trying to 1 life the game on HARD but can only get to the 'gunpod' level :crying:

Easy enough to do on normal though

Mr.Nemoperson

Bunker Buster
15 Year Member
For shooters im playing:

Psyvariar 2 for xbox
Gradius V

And Iv got the Sengoku Ace and Sengoku Blade 2 pack , Double Shienryu , Mushihimesama , ESPgaluda, and KOF Neo Wave on the way.

As for some other games im messing around with:

Dracula X
Garou:MOTW PS2 <---anyone know how to get the real endings and not the lame one?
Killer 7

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
It's all about Dragon Blaze for me atm. Friggin' addictive game, but I'm a Psikyo whore so bear with me...

Other than that, I'm playing

Shienryu
R-Type Final
ESPGaluda
Raiden II (Raiden Project PSX; getting in shape for R3)
ASO II

ord1000

Crazed MVS Addict
Ketsui
Progear No Arashi
Cyvern the Dragon weapons.
Battle Bakraid
Street Fighter III Third strike
Street Fighter Zero III
King Of Fighters 2001

ST-V

DDP - I just want to complete the first loop, that's it. I've gotten to the point with the game that I rarely get to the fifth stage without dying (at least) once, now I just want to beat that sixth stage.

Been playing it off and on all day today.

Shibusawa

Quiz Detective
Got both Pulstar and Last Resort yesterday. I've been admiring Pulstars demo run a lot and gave it a few tries which proved what I hoped: it's another lovely adventure like shooter in the R-type vein which totally rock my boat (and drain my wallet :confused: ).

Mostly playing Last Resort though, had prior experience in the arcades but that was more then ten years ago. Surprised to reach level 3 quicker then I think I did all those years ago, still be needing lots of practice for a 1CC though.
Had a slight worry there was going to be a shattering of rose tinted glasses but they're (still) so beautiful and so much fun to play, :drool:

MNK

King's Dry Cleaner
Mostly Raiden 2 and some R-Type (the original).

Shibusawa said:
Mostly playing Last Resort though..

That's one of my fave neo shooters, good to see someone else enjoying it :) .

Kiken

Camel Slug
GunSpike (I had been aiming for the All Clear and finally nailed it 1 week ago)

Gate Of Thunder (waltzed through Normal in a single credit the first time I played so I'm now playing through Hard)

Bari-Arm (I'd been meaning to hook my Mega CD up again)

Non-Shmups:

Idol Janshi Suchie Pai II (my friend dug this out cause he wanted to play... and low and behold, I'm addicted again)

Lovergoat

, KING of GOATs, Greatest of all time...
I'm still playing KOF98 and Last Blade. Will continue untill I feel I have mastered them.

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Please, this is a shmup-only thread in a shmup-only section. There's the same thread about other games in another section.

PinkPeach said:
Today i played Last resort, 1943 kai and sexy parodius :)

Hey, Sexy Parodius is a hell of a funny game. But it's always the same thing with cute'em ups: behind the ridiculously cute atmosphere hide the worst of the difficulty. :tickled:

td741

, NOTE: Please add 16 points to his feedback., --
I've dug out my Gate of Thunder disc and been playing it this week. (Only got a couple of hours of game time). My goal is to 1cc it finally. ;)

I did pick up RType III and Robotech GBA for cheep so I'll probably play them on the go although that means getting me off of Meteos. :P

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Strikers 1945 plus some what my... mvs is mess up again :(

Sapphire finally got a "arcade card duo" so i can play this sweet thing :D

StealthLurker

Naomi Yamazaki's Wingman
You guys prefer Gate of Thunder over Lords of Thunder (aka Winds of Thunder)??? :conf:

Vincere

No longer Tristesse
Ok, after some purchases, I'm currently into:

Sonic Wings Special: I like every single episode of this series so getting the final "best of" wasn't a bad idea actually. I have to say that this one is much more easier than the previous ones but dammit, I can't avoid simple bullets and thus lose always before the 6th stage. It's a damn shame when you see how easy it is but I really can't help it. Anyway, I traded one game for it so it's cool.

Layer Section II: Ok, first Layer Section game I played, and quite confusing. It's both great and unfinished. Let me tell you why. Gameplay wise, no problem. I really enjoy the lock thing, it's quite comfortable. Graphics wise...man, it's almost awful. The bullets are thus almost undodgable. This is fucking frustrating because you can't see a damn thing with all those explosions. I really like when there's always explosions and the last moment you see a bullet getting out of the fire somehow and can't avoid it. It's so funny to die in a cheap way, really enjoyable. And look at those weaky kamikaze little ships that spreads those unvisible bullets, they just target you everytime to kill you. And if there's one thing I hate, it's aiming kamikaze ships in shmups. I find it fucking unloyal. The graphics ruins somehow the game.
Finally, play Souky after this one and you'll see how slow-paced LSII is. It's terrible. Definitely an average game that could have been great.
I just bought the first one on ebay for 8E, just looking forward to compare.

Detana Twinbee Yahoo Deluxe Pack: Average game as well. The hitbox is insane and so both games are extremely difficult. Cute games after all but I don't like the air-ground system. I would have much prefered a single-axis game, like in Parodius to make a comparison.

I finally decided to buy Radiant Silvergun, it's shipped for a week from italy to france and still nothing... :very_ang: Anyway, I love my saturn.