SS Tenka location test....

SoloFenris

Sakura's Bank Manager
The line to play it was longer than a son of a bitch and I didn`t have time to wait so I can only tell you what I saw. I haven`t read about this game on any other sites so if I repeat something you already know, I don`t care.

A. The damage seems to be reduced from SS5. I didn`t see any three slash kills and the matches seemed to last for a good while.

B. I only saw three of the six gauges in action, 真、怒、零 and they all seem to run out pretty damn quick.

C. The speed seemed to be about average and didn`t seem to be much different from SS5. I didn`t play a lot of SS5 so I could be wrong.

D. I didn`t see anyone using any new characters but I saw: Yumeji, Gen-an,
Cham-Cham, Wan-Fu, Ukyo, and Kusare-Gedo. I have to say I think the characters and backgrounds look really damn good. The colors, depth and animation all blend together really nicely and it doesn`t have the CVS2 background character clash.

Sorry I can`t provide more input but like I said I didn`t have a lot of time.

Later,
Jeff

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Thanks for the little report...

What did you think of Gen-An ? Did he look good ? Cool voice ? (although you probably couldn't hear it)

Does Yumeji really has no morph at all anymore, even in her super ? Even her suicide move was a morph in SS5...

SoloFenris

Sakura's Bank Manager
Hmkay said:
Thanks for the little report...

What did you think of Gen-An ? Did he look good ? Cool voice ? (although you probably couldn't hear it)

Does Yumeji really has no morph at all anymore, even in her super ? Even her suicide move was a morph in SS5...

I thought Gen-An and his red claw looked pretty cool. There was one guy using Yumeji and he lasted about nine matches. Throughout those nine matches I didn`t see her morph once. I didn`t see him use a super though. As for the sound, you are right, I wasn`t close enough. They had the competition cab hooked up to a big screen with speakers but all I could hear were the sword sounds.

Jeff

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Red claw ? That had to be an alternate color...

Even though you didn't play SS5 much, were you under the impression Gedo's animation got improved at all in this game ?

SoloFenris

Sakura's Bank Manager
Hmkay said:
Red claw ? That had to be an alternate color...

Even though you didn't play SS5 much, were you under the impression Gedo's animation got improved at all in this game ?

With the addition of a little bit of digital flair on the special moves Gedo looked pretty much the same. The guy using him seemed to be pretty good with him. Gave the Wan-Fu player a run for his money. But honestly he seemed relatively unchanged. I could be wrong though.

Jeff

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Okay, thanks... I was hoping they'd improve his animation, but doubt they would have bothered.

Akihabara

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I went to the test too tonight and it was indeed very crowded.
Nobody was really paying attention to NGBC which had 4 cabs running.
I think the new SS looks amazing and at the right speed.

It has been a long time since I have been really interested in a new SS game (although I have them all on AES), this game just looks amazing.
It looks much better then NGBC already, especially the animation and backgrounds. Oh the backgrounds, there were some levels in there that were jawdropping. Like the one with the ships in the sea and the one with the green temple or something with the big balloons.
Anyway, looking at the big screen at Club Sega didn't do the game justice, you should have seen it running on the screen of the Atomiswave cabinet, OMFG!

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Sounds very good, thanks for the report...

So the lack of blood doesn't ruin the feeling of the game ? They're gathering feedback during the loke tests, right... Did no one ever complain about blood being missing ?

Akihabara

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
There are people writing about the things happening, one guy was winning all the time. I guess he was with the team or something I don't know...
The only thing I have seen was that people were smiling after leaving the cab, even though this one guy was destroying everybody.

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Heh...

By the way, what's the fighting mode that's just like the one of SS5(S) ? Do you know if that one has the Zetsumei Ougi (even if censored), or are the Zetsumei just out of the game ?

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
Was Gen-an's sprite redrawn?

How was Cham Cham? She looked updated in the screenshot.

SoloFenris

Sakura's Bank Manager
Abster said:
Was Gen-an's sprite redrawn?

How was Cham Cham? She looked updated in the screenshot.

As far as "redrawn" goes I can`t say because I couldn`t get that close. I didn`t see Cham Cham on the big screen but next to me behind the column a guy was playing on the one player cab that was set up and he was using Cham Cham. I thought she looked pretty nice and he was using a color pattern that looked like white fur with black stripes. I didn`t even know NGBC was there, it was that damn crowded.

Jeff

JLoZeppelie

Kuroko's Training Dummy
The Mizuki's sprite is good? I'm curios...........
Thnx for the attention buddy

Abster

Dodgeball Yakuza
I see, so I guess you aren't able to tell if she's got any new moves or anything?

Edit: Still no blood eh?

Last edited:

Hmkay

Sakura's Bank Manager
Martha Stewart said:
Where can I find a screen shot on the web???? I must see this game now!!!!!!!!!!!
You don't know shit about this game, yet came in that other topic to let us know it had blood if you active it in the bios ? Heh. (the "software version" part didn't make sense so I won't even mention it)

Martha Stewart

New Challenger
Hmkay said:
You don't know shit about this game, yet came in that other topic to let us know it had blood if you active it in the bios ? Heh. (the "software version" part didn't make sense so I won't even mention it)

I thought the discussion in the other forum was for SSVS.... wrong game. Sorry.