OMFG! Xexex comes home!!! August 25th!!!

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
If I'm totally late with this, please give me the traditional drubbing, but holy shit, I cannot believe it. If you go on NCS's preorder page, they list the following:

Oretachi Game Center Vol. 7: Xexex [JPN Preorder]

I still can't believe it. I'd long written this off for ever coming out for the home, and if it's been previously discussed, point me towards the thread. Hot damn!

I've got a story to go along with this.

Back in the early nineties, I was a power regular of the Die Hard Game Club in Tarzana, CA. Long before they'd brought out the magazine. When Game Fan came out, I was consumed with the idea of trying to work for them. I'd send them reviews and hound them on the phone. Finally, Jay (Kid Fantastic) Puryear called me up and said they'd like to do an interview, the following day. Broke and with no car, I immediately proceeded to the Greyhound station, and jumped a bus for LA.
While hanging out talking with him and Kelly Rickards, Kelly (aka K.Lee in the mag) showed me a video of Xexex. My jaw hit the floor. Such an amazing shooter, far beyond the capabilities of the consoles of that age (Neo included). I never got the job (they decided against freelancers) and the game never came out.

In a way, this game finally coming out is like a twelve-year wait come to an end.
Yeah, I know it's playable on MAME, but that driver still sucks, and it isn't quite the same as what I saw on that glorious video. Hell yeah, can't wait to play it.

sven666

War Room Troll
well im gonna really piss on your parade here but i used to own the PCB and...

1. old news
2. the game is no good, gameplay isnt as tight as you'd want it too be (tho maybe they fixed it for the conversion, who knows)
3. the whole game looks great but feels flimsy and without substance
4. the weapons are underpowered and get very teadious
5. the badguy is soooooo gay!

sorry :P

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
I remember you had a .mp3 of some of the music in that game Loopz. It was some great tunage.

beh3moth

Robert "Helmet" Patrick
I also owned the arcade board, what a joke! I had the european version and for some reason they removed all of the weapons from that version!! DOH!!

some nice touches, but a mediocre game buy it on budget ONLY