Castle Shikigami for PSII

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Actualy a good game....

But that puzzle at the end of level 4 sucks.

Best $10 I ahve spent in a while.

And the US version supports TATE

barf

Maxima's Barber
I don t know for PS2 but shiki2 on PC rocks really hard (i have both PC versions btw).

I love the bullet scratch, the bullets panic, the shiki weapon etc. there is a surprisingly good score system for a 2 buttons game -3 with autofire- and a pretty good variety with the different characters :)

Last edited:

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
I have the DC limited edition, and it kicks serious ass! I love it!

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
norton9478 said:
Actualy a good game....

But that puzzle at the end of level 4 sucks.

Best $10 I ahve spent in a while.

And the US version supports TATE

Yeah, helluva fun game for $10. I couldn't find a copy on the shelf anywhere in my city for the longest time, so I ordered one online and paid almost as much for shipping as for the actual game.

Well worth it.

Dallas_Five

Terry Bogard's Taylor
heh, good timing norton.

The only negative thing i have to say about the PS2 rev is that after playing the xbox version (off of the hd though), i noticed a bit more slowdown when there are a lot of bullets/enemy sprites on screen. I guess that's to be expected though, and once i got used to where it occurred, no big deal. Otherwise a great game at a great price.

What character does everyone use? I have a much more difficult time getting high scores with any other characters than Kohtaro2 and Kim2. I read somewhere that Niigi is very powerful, but i haven't put very much time in with her.

Then again, it may be that the squeal of the x8 and the chingching of the coins being sucked in is so addictive that i just NEED to play a shiki-based character.

slerch666

updyke,
I actually have the Japanese limited version that came with the figure. Figure is alright, but could have been better.

And of course, I paid $60 shipped for it... only to find out about the US port being released 2 months later...

Then again, god damn does the English track suck shit through a straw. I don't know what the hell they were thinking when they pulled the people out of the marketing dept to voice act. Actually, I do know. They were thinking "we have to sell this dirt ass cheap so it actually sells in the US, so let's cut costs by recording our marketing dept. We already pay them." Actually, they should have left the spoken Japanese alone and just translated the dialog bits, but whatever.

It's a fun game. Much better than the original. And by original I mean Shikigami no Shiro, not the US butchered version.

beatifik

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
i sold my ltd. edition DC version and kept the bargain bin PS2 copy.

i don't care about voice acting or cut scenes, just give me a tate option, and i'm happy.

i really like this game. it doesn't require a lot of memorization and practice like a lot of the other, bigger, shmups. i felt like i was able to play it pretty well as soon as i fired it up, which led me to play for lots of hours. good game.

Kiken

Camel Slug
slerch666 said:
Then again, god damn does the English track suck shit through a straw. I don't know what the hell they were thinking when they pulled the people out of the marketing dept to voice act. Actually, I do know. They were thinking "we have to sell this dirt ass cheap so it actually sells in the US, so let's cut costs by recording our marketing dept. We already pay them." Actually, they should have left the spoken Japanese alone and just translated the dialog bits, but whatever.

Actually, XS Games wanted to just leave in the original Japanese and provide subtitles.. they had no interest in dubbing the cut-scenes. However, Sony US told them to dub the cut-scenes before the release.

slerch666

updyke,
Kiken said:
Actually, XS Games wanted to just leave in the original Japanese and provide subtitles.. they had no interest in dubbing the cut-scenes. However, Sony US told them to dub the cut-scenes before the release.
Gee, go figure. Sony strikes again.

It's not like the game is huge, they probably could have just done dual language on it and said the hell with it.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I use the dude with the Two big Frickin Blades.....

I don't get alot of x8 Bonuses tho....

But He is really good on many boss stages.

The only other guy i use is the one that has the Gunwage style Shikigami.