Broken width coil

chrispyman

n00b
Ever since I've gotten my Neo Geo (conversion cab) the monitor in it has always had a slight amount of overscan. Unfortunately its gotten progressively worse and today I opened up the back to find that the metal-like core of the width coil is cracked and it no longer stays fixed all the way in the back of the plastic tube. So, can I buy a new width coil core somewhere or would I have to buy a whole new coil and all? My monitor is this generic 25' A-One "Made in Korea" monitor so would that make finding the proper width coil more difficult?

Here's an image of my broken coil:
widthcoil.jpg

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
You can get the ferrite inductor cores from RS Components in the UK, not sure where abouts in the US ?

If your stuck, PM your mailing address and I will drop one in the mail.

Confirm the size, they are usually 8mm diam and 20mm long. It may be difficult to remove it without destroying, so get an idea of the length of the core before removal.

If it can not be removed with a hex driver (which is usually the case when they crack), crush it with a small philips. Be carefull but do not worry too much if the internal thread of the former is damaged, a piece of thread will keep the new core tight in place.

dogtoy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
You can get them mail ordered from various places in the US. Locally you might find it at an electronics parts supplier (the kind that sell to businesses). This is probably not something available at radio shack or a similar consumer electronics shop.

cheers,
-DT

lill-c

Dodgeball Yakuza
Go to the Hard MVS site and go to the link section. go to the link for Bob Roberts, he sholud have what you are looking for.