PS2 Raiden 3 coming september 22

Neo Gold

(no need to shout), Because Rot is Watching YOU!
Wowzers!!!....now im exited!...yes i cannot wait for this....i love the raiden series...i better get that chip from somewhere...quickly...does anyone know the best chip kit for the U.S, ps2...to play jap games?...thanks.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Oh man, now I've got no choice but to buy a JPN PS2, or risk butchering my current US one.

Neo Gold

galfordo said:
Oh man, now I've got no choice but to buy a JPN PS2, or risk butchering my current US one.
Im in the same situation as you bud...Heh...the us machine cannot be that bad to chip....surley.

BIG

sony fanboy
NEO GOLD said:
Wowzers!!!....now im exited!...yes i cannot wait for this....i love the raiden series...i better get that chip from somewhere...quickly...does anyone know the best chip kit for the U.S, ps2...to play jap games?...thanks.

Which model PS2 do you have?

Perhaps,you can try looking into getting either a DMS4 or Matrix Infinity?

B-

Neo Gold

BIG said:
Which model PS2 do you have?

Perhaps,you can try looking into getting either a DMS4 or Matrix Infinity?

B-
Cheers B-....my model is SCPH-39001/N.......NTSC........It also has the network adapter..
Btw... what do you recommend my next step is?.

unplanned

n00b
BREACH 444 said:
PRE-ORDERED at PLAY-ASIA.......YIPPIEEEE!!!!

I just did as well - looking forward to this one. Raiden II still spends a lot of time in my PSOne these days, hopefully III is as good (or better!)

BIG

sony fanboy
NEO GOLD said:
Cheers B-....my model is SCPH-39001/N.......NTSC........It also has the network adapter..
Btw... what do you recommend my next step is?.

Since it's an older model PS2,you'll have to use either a Magic Chip or the Messiah chip,since the DMS4/Matrix Inf. will not work with it.

B-

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
Is there no boot disc for the ps2 to play jap games? Practically every other system does. (That runs on discs).

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
Anybody have any more screen shots for this one? From the few that I've seen, it looks pretty nice, but they seem to have thrown in a little of the Gradius V "synthetic look" which scares me a little. I much prefer the look of of Raiden II - it had a raw sort of feel that made it unique.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Weevus said:
Is there no boot disc for the ps2 to play jap games? Practically every other system does. (That runs on discs).

No boot disc.

Xbox doesn't have a boot disc, by the way. No boot disc for the Saturn either.

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Not made by the original team & the arcade hardware type x has already been dropped in Japan.

Robert

20 Year Member
Thanks for the info.

RGP, what do you mean by "arcade hardware type x has already been dropped in Japan"??

Did they stop to produce it??

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Mr.Nemoperson said:
Uhh yeah there is http://www.divineo.com/cgi-bin/div-us/search.html . I got one a week or so ago and it works great. You need to install a fliptop but thats not very hard at all.

Well that's not exactly the same, is it? There's a reason why I didn't mention these things. DC-X, Freeloader and so on works WITHOUT ANY MODIFICATIONS AT ALL. Can't say that about a boot disc where you have to change the outer shell of the whole console, can you?

RGP said:
Not made by the original team & the arcade hardware type x has already been dropped in Japan.

Nevertheless, I have still only heard good things about the game itself. And to Raiden III it doesn't matter much whether or not the Type X hardware lives on ;)

Last edited:

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Robert said:
Thanks for the info.

RGP, what do you mean by "arcade hardware type x has already been dropped in Japan"??

Did they stop to produce it??

I think they have already, not seen a great deal for it, not as bad as AW, but not great, can anyone else shed any light on this?

Weevus

15 year old,
15 Year Member
I just figured by this latter stage in the PS2's life someone would have made a boot disc by now. :confused: Any known reasons? Is it some impossible technical/hardware problem?

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I'd say to just pick up an import system. There's no risk of screwing up your US PS2 and it makes things so much easier. jro just sold me one and it works like a charm.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Weevus said:
I just figured by this latter stage in the PS2's life someone would have made a boot disc by now. :confused: Any known reasons? Is it some impossible technical/hardware problem?

If it was possible, it would have been done long ago. See how quickly the Freeloader came out for the GC.