Droid's rescheduled SoCal hookup#3 Saturday August 6th 2005

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
Hey there SoCal'ers,

Sara and I are just about all settled into our new digs..so you guys know what that means, right? Ah yeah, baby!...As promised, Droid's SoCal hookup #3 is back on like Donkey Kong!

Date: Saturday August 6th, 2005
Time: 10am - 8pm
Location: Huntington Beach just off the 405 fwy @ Beach Blvd. 30 minutes from riverside...45 minutes from LA...1.5 hours from SD...7 hours from NoCal ;)
Directions to our pad will be pm'd closer to the meet.

The Crew: names highlighted in bold = confirmed attendance

1. Droid
2. BIG
3. Kyosuke75
4. Zenimus
5. Jindo
6. Bulletnyourass
7. nruva
8. Shirt
9. SPark
10. JDiamond
11. 300wins
12. Stuffmonger
13. NeoRyu
14. SolidsnakeII
15. Matsu
16. Rockhoward
17. Bobak
18. ResOglas
19. Sonofx51
20. Eric

Unfortunately since we reside in a 2BR apt... we can only accomodate around 20 people :( This number may increase if I can convince Sara to let me to also use our son's room for that day. Please reply to this thread or drop me a pm if ya wish to be considered for an open slot.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Current gear list:

Need: aes/mvs games. aes systems. Consolized mvs. extra tvs. PSP's

Droid = (2) neo geo aes sys, Capcom Impress horiz, Sega Astrocity vert, Neo19 mvs, 27" LCD, 25" tv, 50" DLP tv...Aes: Nam75, sengoku, SS1-2-5special, puzzle bobble, mag lord
mvs: SS4, Pulstar, MD3, Puzzle Bobble

Jindo = Consolized 2 slot,- KOF02 MVS- Money Puzzle Exchanger MVS- SSVS AES

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Arcade pcbs:

Droid = radiant silvergun, D&D 1-2, tetris, strider, in the hunt, golden axe, Progear, dimahoo, esprade, Tecmo Knight aka Wild Fang, Mars Matrix, Terra Diver, Cotton2, Mr. Do, Mr. Do's castle, Mr. Do's wild ride, Commando, Gunsmoke, Time Pilot, Popeye, Mercs, Desert Assault, Outzone, Cyvern: the dragon weapons, Guwange

PSP's = Droid, SPark, SolidsnakeII

Tourneys:

SS5S
????
????

Prizes:
(1) signed falcoon poster from this years E3 Show

For those on the fence, here's a link to pics of our last socal hookup:

http://www.arcade4home.com/OCpart2/

as well as a link to our last hookup thread if you care to read how it went:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...69&page=1&pp=25

Beverages will be provided. If we all pitch in, then we can make a run to popeye's which is just around the corner or order pizzas :buttrock: otherwise be prepared to fend for yourself when it comes to grub.

More details to come!
Hope to see you there!
Droid

Last edited:

BIG

sony fanboy
So long as it does not conflict with my work schedule,I'm in.

Since this is about a month away,are you going to have a vert cab by then? :smirk:

B-

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
Sounds like fun. I've never met any of you guys, but I'd like to join up if you'll have me. I have a humble collection of AES games which I can bring along as well.

Samurai Shodown II
KOF '96
KOF 2001
SVC Chaos
Matrimelee
Waku Waku 7 (due to arrive in the mail in a few days)

kyosuke75

Mr. Big's Thug
Count me in....as long as I don't have a hot date with some super model.

jindo

Sakura's Bank Manager
If 300wins is available during that weekend... then we'll be there. Tom hopefully this time around "No norcal vs norcal on 1st match." :eek_2::kekeke:

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
So long as it does not conflict with my work schedule,I'm in.

In the event it does, let us know and we probably can reschedule the reschedule...Anything for the Godfatha :cool:

Since this is about a month away,are you going to have a vert cab by then?

I'm working on it baby. The cash is ready... Just need to be pointed in the direction of a sweet deal. New Sega Astrocity...Konami Windy repaint....or ??? Hook me up man! Keep in mind any candy cab has to pass the Sara test...i.e. it has to be pretty. Even the neo19 is catching some heat from her. If you were to somehow hook me up with Guwange...it probably would push me over the edge for a vert cab. :buttrock:

Droid

Last edited:

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
Sounds like fun. I've never met any of you guys, but I'd like to join up if you'll have me.

You're in. Did I read somewhere that you're good at puzzlebobble?

Droid

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
Count me in....as long as I don't have a hot date with some super model.

Gotcha down Dave.. Can you pass the word to Rockhoward?

Thanks,
Droid

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
If 300wins is available during that weekend... then we'll be there.

Just so ya know...If you and Jindo make it down here for the hookup then you are welcome to crash here for the night before the trip home.

Droid

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
Sign me up for the festivities.

Gotcha down. Progear on the capcom impress will be waiting for ya Phil :buttrock:

Droid

Last edited:

BIG

sony fanboy
jindo said:
If 300wins is available during that weekend... then we'll be there.

Surely,Roger will make himself available.

I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse.

B-

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
I'll most likely be attending said festivities.

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
droid said:
You're in. Did I read somewhere that you're good at puzzlebobble?

Droid

Ah yes, Puzzle Bobble and KOF are my two Neo Geo specialties. I'll face anyone who dares challenge me! :)

On the opposite side, I'm completely horrendous at the Samurai Shodown series. For some reason I'm just no good at it...

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
I still want my promised steak and lobster dinner if I attend Tom. :make_fac:

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
I still want my promised steak and lobster dinner if I attend Tom.

Heh dunno about the 5 star lobster....but I would be willing to hook you and Jindo up with a 4 piece dinner from Popeye's ;) btw do you guys still have the consolized 2 slot?

Droid

jindo

Sakura's Bank Manager
Tom I can bring my consolized 2 slot for the gathering. By the way are we going to have enough monitors for all the systems? :eek_2:

Last edited:

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
droid said:
Heh dunno about the 5 star lobster....but I would be willing to hook you and Jindo up with a 4 piece dinner from Popeye's ;) btw do you guys still have the consolized 2 slot?

Droid

I'm just messing with ya as always. But count me in. I can bring my consolized MVS and whatever MVS game I own for the meeting.
By the way... no theme this time?

Last edited:

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
Tom I can bring my consolized 2 slot for the gathering. By the way are we going to have enough monitors for all the systems?

Man that would be awesome :buttrock: As far as monitors go... atm I have a 27" LCD and, 25" regular tv.. SPark will probably let us use his 15" LCD.. That gives us 3 so far. But we also have 2 cabs. I 'm looking to pick up a 3rd before the hookup. I may have to do the old costco free rental again for another small LCD if we are gonna be hard pressed however I'm hoping someone has a LCD they'd be willing to bring.

Dunno if I'm gonna go through with it, because I hate being in debt...but am tempted to run out and grab a samsung 50" DLP. Stay tuned :eek:

Droid

droid

Me Luv U Long Time,
Tom how about SSVS and SS2 tourney?

You know I'm definitely up for SSVS :D we can add a SS2 tourney to the festivities if ya guys want. I'm up for anything :buttrock:

Droid

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
If someone will carpool with me, count me in :D I can bring any of the things on my collection page, I'll have a hyper64 with the four fighters, a neo-2-slot, I'll also have AvP, and Darkstalkers by next week (WAY before august 6th) I have three 25" rgb monitors I could bring, a 19" crt comp monitor, a 21" crt comp monitor, and a 13" tv. I think I'd only be able to fit two of the 25" monitors in my back seat though... and the 21" could prolly fit in my trunk (VOLVOS ROCK!).

edit: btw... desert assault also rocks :smirk:

Last edited: