The Blazing Star Thread

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I got this game a couple weeks ago and was rather unimpressed with it, but after getting into it (while waiting for ESP Rade to come) I started to really like it. I'm trying to go for score, but I'm still rather weak as of yet.

My best is 2,430,000 something on MVS standard etc.... Level 4, Windina

Last edited:

"Macho Man" Butta Supremo

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
When I get a MVS board again, Blazing Star will be the first game I buy. Easily one of my favorite shooters.

I think my best was just over 4 mil I forget which ship.

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Make that 2,900,000 some

Can anyone point out the Y panel in level 3, I don't think I've ever found it

SSS

neo retired
Lashujin said:
Make that 2,900,000 some

Can anyone point out the Y panel in level 3, I don't think I've ever found it

You have to wait for it. Right before the boss, there is that cannon thing that fires shit at you, while little enemies pop up from the shaft on the floor. Don't destroy the cannon or the shaft door. Just wait a while and a string of those little green ships pop out, one contains the Y.

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
SamuraiShodownSensei said:
You have to wait for it. Right before the boss, there is that cannon thing that fires shit at you, while little enemies pop up from the shaft on the floor. Don't destroy the cannon or the shaft door. Just wait a while and a string of those little green ships pop out, one contains the Y.

Ok, cool. I was just blowing the thing away. Just beat my high score again I'm at 3,2xx,xxx now

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
True, Blazing Star is teh shiznatch. I played for more than a year straight trying to get my score up, my personal best was about 12.5 million with Windina.

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
So, I'm wondering about some scroing tactics -

How long should I milk a boss for points? generally I've been milking bonus! things out of them until just about when the timer runs down. I can easily get about 1,500,000 points out of the level 3 boss.

Also, any tips for level 3 with those geysers of trash - I'm scoring well on them but it is haphazard (I die a lot) any help?

btw: 7,880,920 level 4 Windina

Last edited:

MNK

King's Dry Cleaner
Abasuto said:
Can anyone 1cc this game ?

I have a 1CC score around 30 millions.

Lashujin said:
How long should I milk a boss for points? generally I've been milking bonus! things out of them until just about when the timer runs down. I can easily get about 1,500,000 points out of the level 3 boss.

There's a highscore thread for Blazing Star right here in the forum.. which will answer some of your questions :).

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114046

abasuto

Orgy Hosting Mod
15 Year Member
xtoo_short20x said:
At the shmups.com/forums yes.

MNK said:
I have a 1CC score around 30 millions.

That's crazy to me. The stages I could 1cc, but the final 2 bosses seem impossible to me. The fetus from hell eats up atleast 3-4 continues everytime.

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
I'm still stuck at the 7 mil mark

Can somone explain exactly what makes the Bonus jewels appear (it certainly seems random) and what brings out that wall of Bonus in the fourth level?

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
Lashujin said:
I'm still stuck at the 7 mil mark

Can somone explain exactly what makes the Bonus jewels appear (it certainly seems random) and what brings out that wall of Bonus in the fourth level?

To get the walls of bonus items at the halfway mark on stage 2 and the end of stage 4, you need to finish those sections as fast as possible. Wipe out all the enemies ASAP since certain patterns of enemies won't come out until you've destroyed the "bigger" enemies. It's especially evident on stage 4, because if you can wipe everything out with the Windina quickly enough, after the two columns of bonus items appear you can be flying on screen with nothing happening for like 5-10 seconds before the boss message appears.

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Getting that wall of Bonus Jewels helped me break my score - now at 12,000,000 Stage 5

Last edited:

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Changed the name and want to get even more info from those of you who know this one in and out.

I was reading a thread at another forum where someone stated that the top Japanese players can get the bonus Jewel level up to 5000 before the end of the first level and hit the cap by the end of level 2

The best I can do is hit 3000 by level 1 and 30000 by the end of 2. Currently I'm finishing level three with somewhere between 7 and 9 million points, but in the same thread someone stated that these top scorers can finish the third level with something like 19 mil. Again, this seems impossible

Anyone know?

Last edited:

MNK

King's Dry Cleaner
I have no idea how the japanese players are getting a score that high on the 3rd stage. Maybe they're playing on level-8, I don't know if that makes any difference though? But if you get around 10m then that's very good. It's been a few months since I touched the game (pretty sick n tired of it right now from playing it too much) but I think my bonus hit 40-50,000p at the end of stage 2 and then maxed out after the 'garbage disposers' on stage 3.

Tweaking the first levels to max the bonus items takes some time. For example, to get the bonus wall on stage 2 you need to be fast but not too fast. Don't shoot the big ships (right at the beginning) before they launch their missiles, and then take out the missiles + ship with your breakshot. There's a greater chance you will get more bonus items this way.

Have you reached stage 6?

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
MNK said:

Yeah, but so far have only gotten about half way through the stage. I haven't mastered the level 5 boss yet. I usually lose a life on him, and then only get as far as the scrolling section of level 6

Gemant

Member,
MNK said:
I have no idea how the japanese players are getting a score that high on the 3rd stage. Maybe they're playing on level-8, I don't know if that makes any difference though? But if you get around 10m then that's very good. It's been a few months since I touched the game (pretty sick n tired of it right now from playing it too much) but I think my bonus hit 40-50,000p at the end of stage 2 and then maxed out after the 'garbage disposers' on stage 3.

Tweaking the first levels to max the bonus items takes some time. For example, to get the bonus wall on stage 2 you need to be fast but not too fast. Don't shoot the big ships (right at the beginning) before they launch their missiles, and then take out the missiles + ship with your breakshot. There's a greater chance you will get more bonus items this way.

I know all about blazing star. All JAPANESE scores are with difficult LEVEL 4, and not difficult level 8.

at the end of level 1, japanese players obtain bonus jewel for 5000 pts

and at the end of level 2, bonus jewel is 81560 pts and total score is 4.700.000/4.800.000 pts

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Gemant said:
I know all about blazing star. All JAPANESE scores are with difficult LEVEL 4, and not difficult level 8.

at the end of level 1, japanese players obtain bonus jewel for 5000 pts

and at the end of level 2, bonus jewel is 81560 pts and total score is 4.700.000/4.800.000 pts

Right, but how is this possible? I can't seem to milk that many jewels out of the boss. Do you know where I could get some good replays?

Gemant

Member,
is possibile not for cheat but for severe and multiple strategies in each stage.

In stage 1 you must play on boss 1, and destroy all enemies to collect max numbers of jewels. After 8 enemies destroy you win a 1 bonus jewel. You must collect all jewel because if you miss 1 jewel, you lost 1 jewel level (exemple: 4000 pts, 1 miss, return 3000).

is necessary destroy and leech all jewel at the end of the time (boss escape)

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
Gemant said:
is possibile not for cheat but for severe and multiple strategies in each stage.

In stage 1 you must play on boss 1, and destroy all enemies to collect max numbers of jewels. After 8 enemies destroy you win a 1 bonus jewel. You must collect all jewel because if you miss 1 jewel, you lost 1 jewel level (exemple: 4000 pts, 1 miss, return 3000).

is necessary destroy and leech all jewel at the end of the time (boss escape)

So what your saying is that you let the boss escape at the end of level 1? This means that you do not kill it? I know you could get a couple more jewels that way, but not enough to get up to 5000

What is Daytona 3 game center?

Gemant

Member,
yes, boss escape for time end.

Daytona III is a famous game center in Japan (Saitama, Kawaguchi city) where the best blazing star players have a max hi-score performance in this game.

ヘルハウンド 6770’9960
ウィンディナ 6890’9030
アリュスティルム 7427’7160
DINO135 6769’6150

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
I'm thinking about getting this game, but exactly how hard is it? I'm more of a fan of easy shooters, so I dislike games like R-Type (Farthest I ever got was barely to the 3rd level boss; I just hate it that you die instantly in one hit and have to do everything all over again from the last checkpoint).

Lashujin

Ghost of Captain Kidd
You don't have to do it by checkpoints here, but it's not an easy game to beat. I've been working for a couple months and I'm generally reaching stage 5, sometimes stage 6

Great game though, I love the scoring system, it's fun